Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mentioned earlier in the thread how I don't like my coworkers but ever since I got married, it seems like no one beefs with me about anything anymore, they just treat me decent. Not passive agressive not overly fond. I think it's because of the "it lets them know at least one person can permanently stand your dumb rear end" thing. It's like some dark souls ring that grants you immunity to bullshit.

I can also just use it to get out of anything I don't want to do. Oh, yeah, I'd like to go drinking with you on Friday (not), but, ya know how the missus is if I'm home late!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

One of my coworkers believes the world is still flat. Cited a few videos they said they saw where the horizon is still flat.

Whenever it gets brought up next I'm going to ask them how our satellites work..

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Johnny Truant posted:

Whenever it gets brought up next I'm going to ask them how our satellites work..

Flat Earthers deny that satellites exist: https://christianflatearthministry.org/2015/06/10/no-satellites-in-the-sky/

quote:

Did you ever notice that you can’t get mobile phone signals in the woods or in many valleys. Why should that be when satellites would beam it down to you from above.

Also you know that story about how a ship sailing out to sea will disappear over the horizon? Complete urban myth. Really easy to debunk:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ships+appear+to+sink+as+they+recede+past+the+horizon

quote:

It has been found that the sinking ship effect effect is purely perceptual, that a good telescope with sufficient zoom will change the observer's perspective and bring the ship's hull back in full view. This is not possible if the ship were really behind a "hill of water." Hence, the effect which is usually thought to prove the earth as a globe really proves it to be a plane.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 15, 2016

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Millie posted:

My workplace has a call center in it, and the agents are all fat sloppy fucks (mostly women). I don't care if you're 300+ lbs or whatever, but the bathrooms are always wrecked. It seems like the women have a dump-a-thon about 3pm because (aside from the horrible poo poo smell) all of the toilets have a triangle poo poo stain on the back of the seats. Like their butt is so loving fat and dirty, they stamp the seat with their filthy rear end crack. It's also a guarantee that 2 or 3 of the toilets will look like a potted plant of toilet paper and poo poo from where it clogged up.

They also had to install a sharps disposal in the bathrooms because someone was flushing their beetus needles.

Do the screws that hold the toilet seats in place constantly need to be replaced at your office, too?

Every couple of weeks our toilet seats are loose because of it and I'm guessing the large ladies are cracking the screws or something.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

We used to have this supervisor who

Called me a pussy for using ear protection
Was way too interested in my sex life
Made dick jokes to visitors
Is Chris Christie levels of fat gently caress-ness
Was generally a psychopath

Best part is the company regrets laying him off

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Minimalist Program posted:

Haha what on earth is going on in you people's jobs this is insane.

If you put a bunch of women together they turn into a herd of petty, jealous bitches. Gossip and drama run rampant, there's a heirarchy of cliques, and everything happens based on who likes who and how they rank themselves in attractiveness.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

praxis posted:

If you put a bunch of women together they turn into a herd of petty, jealous bitches. Gossip and drama run rampant, there's a heirarchy of cliques, and everything happens based on who likes who and how they rank themselves in attractiveness.

And did you see Janette's shoes today?! I'd rather wear two dead cats on my feet instead of... OH! Hey Janette! Loving the new shoes!

What a bitch.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Everything is great except the coworker I share my classroom with is a fat loving slob and jams all the flashcards onto the shelf at random and doesn't use cd cases so all the cds are scratched to hell and hides bagfuls of sticky popsicle trash under the sink. I think the popsicles were eaten by the students, but :iiam:
She drinks a liter of cafe au lait out of a giant thermos at work every day, and spends lunchtime complaining about the food.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

One hosed up Dentist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSlx0s5dtPM

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I work as an Optician and I have for a long time. I have worked for the same Optical company for years and I really loved it, that was until Lucas came back. Optical is a small industry so it tends to be pretty incestuous as far as shifting employees around. Lucas is a punk rear end mother fucker that got promoted due to his ability to sell himself. Shortly after his first promotion he got a job offer from another store to be a store manager. I was pretty happy because I had gotten tired of his poo poo and didn't want to deal with him anymore. Fast forward 3 years: I work for the same company but at a different store, due to some crazy poo poo we lost all 3 of our managers in a 3 month span. The big boss tells me "Hey do you know Lucas? We hired him back as store manager." I was initially not very concerned because I figured in 3 years he had changed and matured, no such luck. Here is a quick recap of a year with Lucas:

Immediately hired 2 other of his friends and promoted them to manager basically consolidating all upper management with people "loyal" to him
Sexually harassed a female manager to the point she quit, despite VIDEO loving CAMERA FOOTAGE of him touching her and harassing her was not fired
Gave discounts to so many people that loss prevention thought we were getting hit by thieves
Cursed at me and in front of customers
Despite HR being made aware of all this the woman who was sexually harassed never pressed charges so the company couldn't do anything against him
Started a rap record label (which I will link 2 videos below) and then constantly had to leave early to take care of shows. He would ask people to cover his shifts for him, if they didn't he would berate them verbally until they relented
Glasses lenses have whats called a base curve. Your prescription dictates what base curve you get. You can in theory put any RX onto any Base Curve but you risk what are called "chromatic aberrations" and if the base curve is different enough you can literally get nauseous because everything will look distorted. If we couldn't get someones glasses done in an hour he would order the lab techs to cut the lenses on the wrong base curve which is a huge loving deal because it could seriously jeopardize someones vision.

I spent 90 minutes on the phone with HR detailing all this and HR still didn't fire him because our Regional Manager Patricia who is a man hating bull dyke loves him for some reason. Eventually I got so loving miserable that I quit a job I was goddamn really good at with a company I really loved. If Lucas left I would go back in a heartbeat but I'm convinced he could kill someone in the store and would just get a minor talking to.

Here are his "rap" videos.
This video is his solo jam, see him driving around the mean streets of KC in his Jeep Liberty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grmao28LkgI

This video is his entire label (NL4MB - No Losses 4 Mah Boyz) I love this video because it's so godawful and the song loving sucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPzUIAWlwn8

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 17, 2016

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
We found our colleagues Twitter feed and it turns out he had been posting some choice comments about an attractive female who works here and didn't reciprocate his feelings for her. Suffice to say physical threats were made and he was summarily dismissed.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eventually confronted the little creep harassing my coworker and got fired from the job lol. Congrats me

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

unpacked robinhood posted:

Eventually confronted the little creep harassing my coworker and got fired from the job lol. Congrats me

Goon on you, working sucks

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

One of my first jobs was at a dental office and can confirm it can be a catty harem nightmare. One of the assistants would talk insane crap about me constantly behind my back and then be my best friend to my face and want to get lunch and poo poo. The other one left her purse on the front desk and I'm assuming someone came in and stole her wallet and she tried pinning it on me and getting me fired. I was interviewed by a detective even. The good thing is that I have known everyone else there since the day I was born.

It was a good primer to dealing with the petty bull poo poo that is almost inevitably at every job you can work. I'm a dude btw

First girl is long gone and got super fat and the second is still there, everyone hates her, and lives a miserable existence.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

kazr posted:

It was a good primer to dealing with the petty bull poo poo that is almost inevitably at every job you can work. I'm a dude btw

First girl is long gone and got super fat and the second is still there, everyone hates her, and lives a miserable existence.

I think it comes with education level. I started in manufacturing, plenty of this type of stuff, all of it from the shop floor.

Once I became an engineer in both the Aerospace and Tech industries (where everyone has a bachelors and >25% have a masters) it is mostly gone except for the admins who no one cares about the opinions of.

Whoever said smart people talk about ideas dumb people talk about other people was very observant.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I told my boss that I'm done waiting for my coworker to clean up her garbage and I'm going in next week with lots of trashbags and no fucks and that it would be best if my coworker was not around while I do it because I'll lose my poo poo.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

CarForumPoster posted:

Whoever said smart people talk about ideas dumb people talk about other people was very observant.

I haven't heard this phrase before but drat it's perfect.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

CarForumPoster posted:

Too bad he's dumb since his observation was about other people and not an idea

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Professor Shark posted:

I haven't heard this phrase before but drat it's perfect.

It's an Eleanor Roosevelt quote, by the way:

"Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people."

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

1redflag posted:

It's an Eleanor Roosevelt quote, by the way:

"Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people."

As someone said I am in fact the dumbo.

Sometime people in my office don't make a new coffee pot after they finish the previous one. YOU KILL IT YOU REFILL IT THATS THE RULES YOU...actually Im not very upset they pay me a ton of money to babysit a cubicle. I just put the coffee in the filter and press the button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I got one of those glossy political mailers complaining about some DA recommending probation for people and one of them is my newest co-worker. We knew he was on work release but I didnt really ask what for but it sounds like some dumb ride-along conviction on a burglary

• Locked thread