Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Lichy posted:

is this the safe space for randomly typing letters in during your epileptic fit

idgajfbemso

No we're supposed to be safe from that gayness in here. Ugh, Reported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

our local pride contingent in the fourth parade was a doughy guy in peroxide blonde curls and an ill-fitting thrift store frock flanked by an obese woman on a little rascal wearing an umbrella hat

my ridiculous cousin exclaimed Here Come The Queers! and it was a surreal, if unsafe, moment

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I think I've found a humor goldmine i,n plain sight. What if we made fun of the big queer acronym, by typing a bunch of random letters? You could combine it with saying you identified as a tractor or the big bang, anything you wanted, really.

I don't feel comfortable doing it myself, I'm more of an ideas person. Just don't run it into the ground, I can't spend all day handing out freebies.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I think I've found a humor goldmine i,n plain sight. What if we made fun of the big queer acronym, by typing a bunch of random letters? You could combine it with saying you identified as a tractor or the big bang, anything you wanted, really.

I don't feel comfortable doing it myself, I'm more of an ideas person. Just don't run it into the ground, I can't spend all day handing out freebies.

im sorry you feel so strongly about a bad acronym

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sounds good to me,

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

gently caress the ROW posted:

im pretty sure 99% of the gays/transvestites on this website never get near another person, much less have sex with them. It's solo performance art

This applies to heterosexuals on this website as well, fyi.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Lawrence Gilchrist Boring Twat QQs & Is An rear end in a top hat safe space

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

RobattoJesus posted:

Lawrence Gilchrist Boring Twat QQs & Is An rear end in a top hat safe space
that's a spicey meat ball :wth:

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

a hole-y ghost posted:

that's a spicey meat ball :wth:

I immediately feel bad about it

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Dreddout posted:

This applies to heterosexuals on this website as well, fyi.

That was implied

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

gently caress the ROW posted:

im pretty sure 99% of the gays/transvestites on this website never get near another person, much less have sex with them. It's solo performance art

Speak for yourself.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

King Possum III posted:

Speak for yourself.

Serously. Even if I weren't reasonably ok looking, getting some dick in the gay world is absurdly easy. I consistently feel sorry for straight guys.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

criscodisco posted:

Serously. Even if I weren't reasonably ok looking, getting some dick in the gay world is absurdly easy. I consistently feel sorry for straight guys.

Some of us do ok, don't feel so bad.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
being a trans girl is weird and terrible would anyone like to know more

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

The Pony Incident posted:

whats the deal with trans girls who dress like hobo clowns at the fair

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

The Pony Incident posted:

tell me all about the penis clit

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

listen

i don't know how to answer those questions

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If you're a trans girl does that mean you're biologically male but live as a woman or vice versa? I'm never sure when I see that term.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

criscodisco posted:

If you're a trans girl does that mean you're biologically male but live as a woman or vice versa? I'm never sure when I see that term.

it's like... the first one. idk i feel like you should have been able to figure this out

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
the prejudice faced by LGB individuals is of a different kind than the other letter(s), as it's an issue with internal preference and not external appearance. This is part of why a huge number of people are good with LGB and less cool with T (and just flat opposed to various other portions of the gay rainbow that may or may not actually exist as a physical thing and not just mental problems)

In less words: Homophobia:Religious Bigotry::Transphobia:Racism

That, in a nutshell, is why the idea of the LGBT acronym is somewhat disingenuous. While it's theoretically positive for trans- people, it's actually a negative for LGB people who would rather not be associated with the stereotype of men in dresses and instead just be viewed like anyone else.

Ciao

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

Ive never finished a night at a gay bar without at least a toilet cubicle bj. tbh its not surprising so many neg holes get pozzed

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

GeneX posted:

That, in a nutshell, is why the idea of the LGBT acronym is somewhat disingenuous. While it's theoretically positive for trans- people, it's actually a negative for LGB people who would rather not be associated with the stereotype of men in dresses and instead just be viewed like anyone else.

Ciao

You've got your trannies mixed up.

A man in a dress is not a transgender. He's a transvestite.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The whole acronym is sorted based on how jealous straight men are.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

King Possum III posted:

You've got your trannies mixed up.

A man in a dress is not a transgender. He's a transvestite.

One of the more common pejoratives directed at transwomen is that they are just "men in dresses"; you're right in that the truth is far more complex and a transvestite is the actual dude in a dress, but I'm talking about perception by the non-sexual/gender minority portion of the population, not the facts of the matter.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I got hiv/std tested last week, as we all should do regularly, and it all came back negative. Which is bad for my meme capacity but great for my state of mind/lovemaking

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I really feel kinda surprised by those test results, honestly, given what your avatar is.

e: I mean, not that I wish poz upon you or anything, it's just, y'know, incongruous.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hello, I wish I was gay

I hope in the future we can take gay pills to become gay

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Hell, even without the pills, quantity has a quality all its own and I feel like that would make up for it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Toadvine posted:

I got hiv/std tested last week, as we all should do regularly, and it all came back negative. Which is bad for my meme capacity but great for my state of mind/lovemaking

Never did that. Never sexed either. :greencube:

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
im straight but i like when gay guys hit on me. im not sure what that says about me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

RaceBannon posted:

im straight but i like when gay guys hit on me. im not sure what that says about me

You're a human being. Getting hit on by gay dudes is tits.

Although this one gay dude, dressed as a minion at a Halloween party kept taking my hat, so a friend of mine politely but told him to buzz off and leave lil ol my neg rear end alone

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Toadvine posted:

You're a human being. Getting hit on by gay dudes is tits.

Although this one gay dude, dressed as a minion at a Halloween party kept taking my hat, so a friend of mine politely but told him to buzz off and leave lil ol my neg rear end alone

Bigoted imo

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I haven't had any good ideas on this front lately but I thought of a new name for the buff transers

Trambo

That's all I have for today, space safe

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

RaceBannon posted:

Take it as a sincere compliment. Gay men like masculinity, and if you're getting attention from them you must be pretty attractive.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The one dude I know who has just come out as trans started a rumor a while back that me and my flatmate were gay just because he used to run me baths with special oils in and we'd drink booze together while I was in the bath (which is not gay it's called being a good friend)

But now I'm not allowed to be mean to her now because she's a super brave transperson. Seems pretty hosed up imho.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
It would be more inclusive to be a prick regardless of her identity

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the good news is the people who cant even leave the house without screaming about their identity typically dont go to places us normal folk go to so we dont have to put up with them

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Toadvine posted:

It would be more inclusive to be a prick regardless of her identity

Thanks, I just told her she's a terrible woman and one of her friends says he's going to murder me but I told them I was being inclusive so I think we're cool now.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

RobattoJesus posted:

The one dude I know who has just come out as trans started a rumor a while back that me and my flatmate were gay just because he used to run me baths with special oils in and we'd drink booze together while I was in the bath (which is not gay it's called being a good friend)
It could be gay though. If there's oil then drill baby drill imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Do it ironically posted:

the good news is the people who cant even leave the house without screaming about their identity typically dont go to places us normal folk go to so we dont have to put up with them

yeah, i only run into the one genderqueer special snowflake person i know twice a year at art shows, and the last time i checked they seem to have finally settled on a nice boring transman identity and started on hormones

• Locked thread