Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
That Exeggcute has a sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I've got a full dex and have topped out my Pokémon storage; what shouldn't I get rid of before this update drops? I have no knowledge of anything past the original 151, plus the babies already in the game.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Regarding the Valentine event: "This limited-time celebration will only be available from 11:00 A.M. PST on February 8, 2017, to 11:00 A.M. PST on February 15, 2017"

So it's noon and I'm still getting double candies. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but what gives?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Visual Sneeze posted:

Regarding the Valentine event: "This limited-time celebration will only be available from 11:00 A.M. PST on February 8, 2017, to 11:00 A.M. PST on February 15, 2017"

So it's noon and I'm still getting double candies. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but what gives?

They're frequently a little slow turning off events. They also extended the 6-hour Pokestop thing until the 18th, so maybe the double candy goes with that.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TVs Ian posted:

They're frequently a little slow turning off events. They also extended the 6-hour Pokestop thing until the 18th, so maybe the double candy goes with that.

There was a fat chansey outside my house too.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

There's about 10 pokestops at my work, and at least half of them are lured at any given moment. This loving owns.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sanford posted:

I've got a full dex and have topped out my Pokémon storage; what shouldn't I get rid of before this update drops? I have no knowledge of anything past the original 151, plus the babies already in the game.

Old stuff you should save for new evolutions:

Golbat → Crobat
Gloom → Bellossom
Poliwhirl → Politoed
Slowpoke → Slowking
Onix → Steelix
Chansey → Blissey
Seadra → Kingdra
Scyther → Scizor
Eevee → Espeon / Umbreon
Porygon → Porygon2

e: forgot some

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 15, 2017

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

For future reference, Golbat, Gloom, Poliwhirl, Slowpoke, Onix, Chansey, Seadra, Scyther, Eevee and Porygon all have evolutions in Gen 2. Tyrogue is also the only baby that hasn't been implemented, but it does have a new evolution in Hitmontop and it's currently unknown if they'll keep separate Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan candy, or just merge it all into Tyrogue candy.

Also, if Happiness is not implemented, then Golbat, Chansey and Eevee should be able to evolve no problem, while everything else will require an item.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 15, 2017

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Is there a list of common, rare, etc... for Gen 2 anywhere? Just curious what I should be getting excited to see when I see them.
I remember when I got a Omastar and a Chansey early in the game, then realizing many months later that I had never seen another one.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'm assuming its going to vary greatly by region. You may have only seen one omastar, but in some places their species is pretty common.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
Still no trading implemented I see. :colbert:

Crosspeice posted:

Also, if Happiness is not implemented, then Golbat, Chansey and Eevee should be able to evolve no problem, while everything else will require an item.

Oh no, I had a thought- what if instead of happiness you have to walk with that mon for a set amount of time?

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
My raichu is now hatless, what the gently caress

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Some things I notice...

Not all Pokémon have a sex. Magnemite for example. Not sure if they do in the game or not.

The ones I've previously caught are predominantly male. Going by CP, there's only one female in my top 20. Could just be mine though.

Out of ten Chanseys and four slowpokes/bros, all are female. Not sure if there are any species that are only male or what.

Also, I'm curious how they'll do the unknown.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Some Pokemon are genderless, but no gender evolutions were introduced until Gen 4 and none of those Pokemon are in Gen 1 or 2 anyway, so you're fine.

But, gender differences! 45 Pokemon will have gender differences and you can find a list of them here. For a lot of them, you'll wonder why they ever bothered. Also, the first Pokemon with multiple formes, Unown, is introduced in this gen, so look forward to catching 26 different ones! Or 28 if they include the ones introduced in Gen 3!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

LumpyGumby posted:

The ones I've previously caught are predominantly male. Going by CP, there's only one female in my top 20. Could just be mine though.

I wonder if they're using the gen 2 gender calculation.

Basically, if a species is 50/50 male/female, ones with attack IV 0-7 would be female and 8-15 would be male. Same deal for other ratios, so if it was like a 7-1 male-female ratio, all the females would have 0-1 for their attack IV.

If that's the case, then high CP Pokemon should all be male, except for female-only species.

Not sure why they would have done it that way, everything from gen 3 on just had gender assigned as its own value. Unless it's just for Pokemon that were caught pre-update.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

So I take it the apk is safe to download(given that it seems a few people have done it)? I'm wary since last time I downloaded a Pokémon related thing(pokiimap or something to check IV's) it hosed up the app and I had to factory reset.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Psychobabble! posted:

So I take it the apk is safe to download(given that it seems a few people have done it)? I'm wary since last time I downloaded a Pokémon related thing(pokiimap or something to check IV's) it hosed up the app and I had to factory reset.

I've downloaded the apk from apkmirror more than half the time an update has come out. It's legit. No issues.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
At least here in Colorado, where Dratini are scarce, we should have no trouble getting Tyrannitar.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Boywunda posted:

I've downloaded the apk from apkmirror more than half the time an update has come out. It's legit. No issues.

Sweet, thanks. I downloaded it no problem. I am gonna dig the new berries/balls system. Though I haven't seen any gen 2, is that something that will only be rolled out with the official update? I'm new to the apk thing so pardon my ignorance.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Fingerless Gloves posted:

My raichu is now hatless, what the gently caress

Dunno, I still have a bunch of festive Raichus and Pikachus :shrug:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I finished my Pokedex last week by catching the elusive Aerodactyl so this is well timed for me.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
drat, I'd better hatch a Cleffa soon...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

With 80+ new mon about to invade, RIP my chances of ever getting a Lapris or Aerodactyl. Pure dumb luck I found my first Hitmonlee in the wild the other night (thx Poke Tracker), but unless trading ever actually becomes a thing I think my Gen 1 Pokedex will forever be incomplete.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Game gave me 2 10k eggs yesterday before the event ended. High hopes for a Smoochum. Then I just need an igglybuff and I'm set for the new mons.

The amount of drat jigglypuffs around I'm shocked I didn't hatch an iggly already.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i've had two smoochums, two igglybuffs and a pichu. still need the other babies.

also still need a mother loving grimer, only saw one and even at 300cp, greenest of the green circles, berried with an ultraball and a great throw, the jackass busted out the ball on the first toss and ran. still pissed about it two weeks later.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

As far as I can tell, eevees (old news), onyxes and scythers are all 5k eggs now. What's left in the 10k? I'm cooking two. Can they please be a goddamn lapras?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm creating a new thread for the Johto update. Anything I need to put in it?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'm creating a new thread for the Johto update. Anything I need to put in it?

op should just be a picture of a wobbuffet

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Boywunda posted:

Is there a list of common, rare, etc... for Gen 2 anywhere? Just curious what I should be getting excited to see when I see them.
I remember when I got a Omastar and a Chansey early in the game, then realizing many months later that I had never seen another one.

I can't say for all of them and it will vary by region but I'm pretty certain about these, based on their rarity in the main series.

Starters should be as rare as bulbasaur/charmander/squirtle are now.

Common Trashmons are like pidgey, rattatta, etc. but they only evolve once. It will probably cost 25 candy.

Pseudolegendary is the unofficial term for rare, strong pokemon that evolve twice. Dragonite is the only pseudolegendary in gen 1. Tyranitar is the gen 2 equivalent. I'd recommend hording these until the next double candy event.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Hatched a second Togepi, walked him to Togetic, currently na pokedex is full.
I've got almost 300 Chansey candies
About 125 poliwag candies
75 Porygon candies
And enough candies to evolve Onyx, Golbat, and more.

Bring on gen 2.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm not much for gyms so I'll just whinebrag that two ~80% Snorlaxes and 2 ~85% Laprases out of 10k eggs are cute and all but could I please get a motherfucking Jynx and Magmar already? A racist stereotype and a TOS Star Trek alien are a lot more fun than an overstuffed teddy bear and Nessie.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

As far as I can tell, eevees (old news), onyxes and scythers are all 5k eggs now. What's left in the 10k? I'm cooking two. Can they please be a goddamn lapras?

Pinsir is in 5k now. No Jynx or Magmar, just the baby form.

I wish there'd be something like a 15k egg, and it could only hatch legendaries, or perhaps Snorlax/Dragonaire (not Dratini, that'd be a 10k), and Lapras.

I never followed Gen2, but holy gently caress that ferret thing reminds me of Eevee in its cuteness.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

The updates for both iOS and Android should be up on their respective app stores now. Just grabbed the new one on my iphone 6s. Digging in the new ball/berry interface.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

I never followed Gen2, but holy gently caress that ferret thing reminds me of Eevee in its cuteness.

Furret was always one of my faves even though its stats are kinda garbage. It just looks so drat happy.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
All my Dragonites are female

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

:lol: gen 2 doesn't seem to be in the latest iOS update. Not mentioned in the patch notes either.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

:lol: gen 2 doesn't seem to be in the latest iOS update. Not mentioned in the patch notes either.

They gotta turn it on serverside first. They'll probably force the version upgrade later tonight or tomorrow, then turn it on. Keeps the app from bugging the gently caress out if somebody gets an evo item or new berry in the old version that doesn't have the assets.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Dr Tran posted:

All my Dragonites are female

My only one is male.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
2 male, 3 female Dragonites, nice. Wonder how breeding will work for 3rd tier evolutions, I'd imagine you get the 1st tier 'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Pinsir is in 5k now. No Jynx or Magmar, just the baby form.

I wish there'd be something like a 15k egg, and it could only hatch legendaries, or perhaps Snorlax/Dragonaire (not Dratini, that'd be a 10k), and Lapras.

man gen 2 was fuckin awesome and was not topped till black and white. go play heart gold or soul silver, friend. they are extremely good video games.

• Locked thread