Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Rafza posted:

DO NOT go roaming over private lots or residences looking for Pokestops, Pokemon, Gyms, etc, unless you have express permission. Horror stories of people sneaking into hospitals, museums, etc all for extra Ingress portals are common, and I'm almost certain police has been called on more than one occasion because some fat nerd was playing with his phone near important private businesses.

There's an Ingress Portal / Pokestop in the middle of Government House that is just out of reach from the sidewalk.

Can't wait for some kids to be arrested for trespassing onto the grounds. (Wait for an Open Day!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Agoat posted:

Am I the only one that feels like this game is missing a bunch of content? It's super fun but why aren't there any social features? Are they adding new stuff down the road or what?

The game does seem remarkably empty for having been announced almost 1 year ago and presumably having been in the works for at least a little while before that, and being a reskin of Ingress besides.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Jesus Christ they still didn't fix the 50% audio bug/feature in today's update. So loving annoying.

Yeah it sucks.

To work around it, pressing Pause/Play sometimes works.
If not, another app dinging a notification will fix it. seek a few seconds from within Control Center.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 28, 2016

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Vegastar posted:

They announce this is coming on the same day another server side patch hits which disables poke stops over 30mph as well. It's constantly 2 steps forward, one step back.

I was on the train this morning and was wondering why I kept getting "try again later". I wish they would have a more relevant error message but fair enough.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Nephzinho posted:

Is there anyplace to check if you've gotten the daily bonus? Is it live everywhere? Does it work with Go+? I don't see anything right now.

It's live in Australia so I'd assume it's live everywhere.

It appears on the normal catch screen so if you click through it quickly then you won't necessarily notice.

Dunno if it appears at all on the first pokestop of the day, apart from the +XP purple badge perhaps.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Starbucks or not, why the hell is the Pokemon drink a frozen one in the middle of winter? At least make it a hot one for everyone who's cold as hell, smdh

Because Niantic only cares about Bay Area players, duh.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Since the update, anyone else noticed a lot of random vibrations while walking in the overworld?

As far as I can tell it is not due to any of these:
-a pokemon spawning
-buddy picking up a candy
-egg hatching

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Vegastar posted:

It vibrates every time the nearby updates now. I reported it as a bug because it's stupid and makes no sense.

Christ that's dumb. They should have made it a separate toggle, because now I pretty much have to turn off vibration.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Oh, and the external audio bug still isn't fixed.
Doesn't anyone on the BART listen to music or podcasts?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

they gave Raichu a new alola form, which owns, but then also immediately added a new special promotional pikachu that can't evolve into raichu and gets a unique z-move

they hate raichu

It's nice that Golduck is OU now, but they should do the same thing with Psyduck IMO.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I always thought that they got some naive Japanese TPC artist to draw a heartwarming xmas scene for them and then crudely superimposed a silhouette of something they found on DeviantArt.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

is there an apple equivalent

Nope but if you're desperate you can get an Android emulator or some free piece of crap to do it with.

At some point you're really better off spending money rather than effectively doing paperwork for less than a dollar per hour.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

A story told in pictures

What app is that to do the IV checking?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Thanks!

kuroiXiru posted:

I bet they'll be supporting this game for a looong while.

That really depends entirely on the long tail.

800m in 110 days.
150m in the next ~70 days.
2017; who knows?

Certainly the game will continue to receive some level of events for some time yet.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

I wish the Evee naming trick worked more than once. Have gotten multiple non-Vaporeons to my single Vaporeon. At least Jolteon can reasonably fight Vaporeon and wrecks Gyarados I guess, but Flareon is pretty much useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Willsun posted:

I think we need to just accept that new features are done being rolled out and from here on out are just holiday events with increased candy.

They said they'll have some newsletter feature in the game but that just means an annoying screen you have to X out of the way every time you fire up the game.

You mean a second annoying screen you have to X out of the way every time you fire up the game.

• Locked thread