Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Bean posted:

The game is telling me to find a pokestop, and the closest one is a church that is JUST out of range of my house. I'd usually have no problem just walking over there and getting pokeshit, but it's 9 PM and I'm in my PJs.

Am I locked out of catching wild pokemon until I roll over there? Because that sucks if true.

Also, will the app send me a push if a pokemon rolls around, or do I need to keep it open? There's no pokemon in my house right NOW, but who knows what will happen in the night.

They'll still spawn. I don't think you'll get notifications though. Gotta sell those crappy wristbands somehow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

widespread posted:

What the hell do I sign in with. Is there a diff between Google and that trainer thingy.

Basically you either tie your account with your Google account or your Pokémon.com account. I don't know if tying it with the latter will net you any bonuses down the line but I have a feeling it's just whatever preference you have.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

PBS Newshour posted:

Anyone else have problems with getting AR to work? It says it can not read my orientation but every other app does it just fine and the general gps stuff does work.

same here :(

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

I found an egg at a stop earlier, but can't find it in my inventory anywhere ?_?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

I didn't notice the Eggs tab because my screen is broken, whoops. Thanks

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

so are you supposed to just walk around and stare at your phone like a zombie or something

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Parasol Prophet posted:

I, too, made the fool mistake of signing in with PTC the first time and played around for a while this morning, but have been unable to authenticate my login for hours now. I finally pressed the Google button just to see what it would do, and it started right up with what looked like a new game.

So... does this mean if you use the second login type, it starts you over? Is this like a different file than my PTC login, in that I'll still be able to get back onto my old level of progress when/if the servers come back up, or did I basically delete my game just now? Does anyone know?

So far this whole thing seems equal parts fun and frustrating. I'm also not sure how well my phone is picking up movement-- sometimes my trainer on screen will randomly start walking (in place) when I'm sitting still, then when I start walking she stops, sometimes she turns around and faces a random direction so I don't know where I actually need to move in relation to the map/Pokemon on screen. It's weird.

You can sign out and sign back in (in theory) with your PTC creds and it'll load that account. Basically the two are separate, and never the twain shall meet.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

I was able to log in, catch a Rattata, evolve it, and hit level 5. I clicked the gym by my work before the servers shat the bed again. Rip

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

IncendiaC posted:

Managed to dig up my old US account and install GO. Made it as far as choosing my starter before servers crashed and now I can't get back in. Have servers always been this wonky since the US release yesterday?

yep. It was working okay-good last night and has been i shitshow slobberknocker since at least 12pm est

i JUST wnat to KILL THESE TRAINER'S TRASH RATS

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

20 hours later and PGL servers are still hosed. Great. Guess I'm starting over, and I'd just hit level 5. Goodbye Pinsir :/

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Google servers back up

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzfg0aBE19Y

Chibs fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 9, 2016

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Has anyone had their trainer just... wander? I was getting ready for bed, and the game seemed to think I was crossing the street repeatedly, back and forth to the Pokespot downstairs, for like half an hour. Probably still.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

ow, the edge

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Drythe posted:

Wait, what is that one's evolved form?? lmao

Wallstain, the Abstract Pokémon

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

All this talk of ugly Pokemon and nobody brought up Stunfisk. How?

Stunfisk is perfect and its smile is all that keeps me from just staying in bed all day crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

I spent 5 dollars on this game when it launched 'cause I'm a loving tool, haha

Stop postin' screenshots with all them Pokestops it's makin' me upset!

Dang heck I picked the wrong team!!

Oops I threw a ball and Pidgey and I are now being swallowed by the ever expanding darkness that consumes all that is good and pure, at last sweet release

• Locked thread