Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Frgrbrgr posted:

Neme Stardancer: A juma junkie, eh? Surprised you even got out of bed. Though, I guess that does show a level of dedication to the cause. Still... lots here in your file to go over. What was your former squadron called, and who from it that died to you think of the most? Have you ever been confronted by the loved ones of those you led into that hellhole? And... do you really think you have enough in you to keep it together?

Blame Forney's recruiter for that. Guy could probably knock a hole in the side of a Star Destroyer the way he pounds on doors.

I already mentioned my squadron name--Pegasus Knights. Don't ask about the name, the last flight lead left it to me after she retired. We were an "independent" squadron, not attached to any single carrier or task group--we flew in, blew up whatever Imperial was around, then got out, faster than they could bring reaction forces to bear. Until the Spinward Shipyards mess, of course.

We were sorted into four groups of three, with me as the lead. Jann Terr--hah, nobody called him that, it was Peg Two or Pazaak--was my number two wing man. He's probably the one I cared the most about, even if he isn't technically, well...dead. (I mean, the doctor droid said he "might as well be" before I punched his head round, but what the **** does he know?!) Number three wingwoman, Peg Three, was Janna Solis, and she was an ex-imp shuttle pilot. She said she defected after her bosses there wouldn't let her fly actual starfighters. Not sure why she wanted to fly TIEs, but.... After the medal ceremony, I'd heard some...unscrupulous rumors from some younger Rebel pilots that she'd...undefected. I put them in their place the same way I did the medical droid. Wouldn't make any ******* sense anyway; she'd be flying into the same trap as us!

Loved ones?! Ah hah hah, do you think I stuck around after the medal ceremony to meet them?! ...of course it was just my ******* luck that the transport I caught a ride on had one of the grieving families on board. They went on and on about how they knew how their wife, sister, daughter wasn't going to come home and how they knew she had died fighting for a cause she believed in and how they were happy to meet me and find some closure. ********, I hadn't the heart to tell them that she'd been blown up before she could get her shields back up after dropping out of hyperspace. And they might have gotten closure, but that talk opened up a lot of wounds on my end. I think that's when I started really downing the juma, actually.

And for your last question...I'm standing here and I haven't had a hit of juma all day. I actually emptied out the flask I always had on me. Honestly that's a big ******* plus for me. And I got Pazaak's pilot tags here with me. And a holo-photo for the cockpit. And...look, the point is, I can do this, alright?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

quote:

Everybody respects your decision to enlist. Build a Link with everyone.

Somebody was your fan when they were growing up. Build another Link with them.

Everyone gets a link!

Who wants another one?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Okay, I'm using my "in love with" link on Damaya, and my "break links with" anti-link on Reist.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I have my "we both had it rough" link with Winter.

My other one is trickier, because I don't know how/why I would have heard of any of you before, or why you'd convince me to join the rebellion.

Unless we can make links with NPCs, but even then Im unsure who would have given me a "Pike talks Kirk into joining Starfleet" moment.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
... I should make a Link sheet for this rrrrrrgh

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'm leaning towards using my "loves you" link with Pops, but feel free to claim it if you want to join the assassin droid stalker love triangle. :v:

For the "hates the force" I think it makes sense for Neme, HK, or Reist.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Link Sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ywhhp37VEiCnSmBWXncBnwxkbb7IJQXvIzJ0rYJY-TY/edit#gid=0

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tricky posted:

For the "hates the force" I think it makes sense for Neme, HK, or Reist.

I'll take that one!

Error 404 posted:

I have my "we both had it rough" link with Winter.

My other one is trickier, because I don't know how/why I would have heard of any of you before, or why you'd convince me to join the rebellion.

Unless we can make links with NPCs, but even then Im unsure who would have given me a "Pike talks Kirk into joining Starfleet" moment.

If you take my link it then would make sense, since after all he is a dashing sun jammer racer who did holofilms! But only if it makes sense.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Axe-man, keep in mind that I break all links set up with me initially, so I don't have a link with you at the start :)

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tekopo posted:

Axe-man, keep in mind that I break all links set up with me initially, so I don't have a link with you at the start :)

gotcha!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Rhyos posted:

Look, I knew the kid always had some skill, but that sibling rivalry bullshit is precisely why I kept him down a peg. Looks like he never outgrew it, and has excelled in spite of it. Tell me, kid - do you still have that little twitch when you go for a yaw inversion? Figured a crack pilot like yourself could handle the Gs.

Rivalry link with Pops? Sure! I'll reciprocate with the one about a green pilot under his wing - that ought to stoke that rivalry, if it's acceptable!
Of course I can handle the Gs. You are a good pilot, and probably one of the better trainers at the Academy, but yet again, you showed favouritism to my brother, just like everyone else has always done. But you knew I was the better pilot, you knew I could pull out some manoeuvres that my brother couldn't even dream of doing, and yet you fast-tracked him and not me. What bullshit. I respect your flying skills, but I know I'm better than you now. And I know I'll get more than a few chances to prove once Grey squadron is out and flying against the Empire.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Oh, wow, this is moving fast. Okay, the Shamed's links are as follows:

You think somebody will never trust you because of what happened. Break any Links they would build with you initially.
Somebody keeps trying to break you out of your shell. Build a Link with them.

So I negate one incoming link and build a link outgoing with someone else...hmm, how about Pops or Winter for that?

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
So far, it looks like I haven't used any of my links, so here they go:

Someone is experienced: Juma Junkie - Pops has seen a lot, but never through the lens of a Juma binge!
Someone is green: Crash - He has a valid need to keep him alive: burnt hair smells terrible!

Tekopo posted:

Of course I can handle the Gs. You are a good pilot, and probably one of the better trainers at the Academy, but yet again, you showed favouritism to my brother, just like everyone else has always done. But you knew I was the better pilot, you knew I could pull out some manoeuvres that my brother couldn't even dream of doing, and yet you fast-tracked him and not me. What bullshit. I respect your flying skills, but I know I'm better than you now. And I know I'll get more than a few chances to prove once Grey squadron is out and flying against the Empire.

I believe a smart man once said that their scars prove their worth. The only metric I give a drat about is the surviving headcount. You keep that high, and maybe we can call it even.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyos posted:

So far, it looks like I haven't used any of my links, so here they go:

Someone is green: Crash - He has a valid need to keep him alive: burnt hair smells terrible!

I dig it.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Game thread - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782992

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Oh, It's ON!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I wasn't sure if the 'your opponent chooses whether to fleet' is something that I could choose myself or had to have the GM do it for me

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Tekopo posted:

I wasn't sure if the 'your opponent chooses whether to fleet' is something that I could choose myself or had to have the GM do it for me

My intention was that it's the MCs choice. Will see how that goes!

Also I'm like real sick so updates pending, maybe tomorrow if not hopefully Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Get better! We can wait!

• Locked thread