Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Decadence isn't art.

yeah but we need to have stupid penis cut out poo poo in order to inspire fashion designers to make more jeans and sweaters that look the same as the always have except this time they have a button shifted to the left or something lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Why is it that the grossest women want to flaunt their nasty bodies all over the place?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Linux Pirate posted:

Why is it that the grossest women want to flaunt their nasty bodies all over the place?

Because no one wants to see it in the bedroom

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

City of Tampa posted:

imagine a male celebrity saying this poo poo

Idk, she gives no indication she was thinking about her sister while she was masturbating, nor was she touching her sister while doing it. Again, it's gross, but not in a molestery way. Maybe I'm just defending her because I grew up with two sisters and some of the stuff that happened was pretty awkward. Also, with my female cousins. When you are young and there are other young people around and you are developing mentally and physically sometimes things aren't handled properly by your brain. I also, 100% feel that a man saying similar things about their childhood would be just as gross, but normal.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Idk, she gives no indication she was thinking about her sister while she was masturbating, nor was she touching her sister while doing it. Again, it's gross, but not in a molestery way. Maybe I'm just defending her because I grew up with two sisters and some of the stuff that happened was pretty awkward. Also, with my female cousins. When you are young and there are other young people around and you are developing mentally and physically sometimes things aren't handled properly by your brain. I also, 100% feel that a man saying similar things about their childhood would be just as gross, but normal.

I dunno, if Justin Timberlake wrote a book where he described playing with his sister's vagina and then rubbing one out while her "sticky, muscly little body thrashed" in bed next to him it would pretty much end his career

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
at age 17

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

BigFactory posted:

It's a very popular show.

It really isn't.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
i bet it sounds like shaking a rain stick when she walks

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lena dunham is a child molester but she isnt in trouble for it cause she is friends with hitlery who got excused for committing a bunch of felonies because she is rich and going to buy the presidency :sigh:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I've slept with worse. :shrug:
Also runway models aren't there to look pretty. Shocking, I know. Looking weird is an asset.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 7, 2016

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

City of Tampa posted:

I dunno, if Justin Timberlake wrote a book where he described playing with his sister's vagina and then rubbing one out while her "sticky, muscly little body thrashed" in bed next to him it would pretty much end his career

You seem to be very passionate about this, but context is important.

• At 7 years old, with no sexual purpose just child curiosity about her own and her sister's body, she pried her sister's labia apart. Her exploration of her sister's genitalia is not sexual, though I understand it's hard to divorce genital touching from sexuality keep in mind that this was at an age where such things are completely normal. At that age you have no idea what sex is, or what the purpose of a vagina is. It should have been up to her mother to explain to her that that is not appropriate using language that a seven year old can understand.

• Then, in a later incident, she admits that she sometimes would masturbate with her sister sleeping next to her. Her comments on her sister's body don't seem sexual to me, just that it was there and moving around. Again, this happened when she was still a minor, albeit one who should know to take her solo congress to a bathroom, but it's like when I would masturbate when everyone was asleep around me at a sleepover. That is very anecdotal, I realize, but it seems pretty similar in my mind so...idk. Lena also has a way of being blase about her descriptions and perhaps not understanding how the language she uses can put suggestions into people's minds about what went on.

Though I don't particularly like how abrasive she can be, nor do I particularly enjoy the preachiness of Girls I cannot find a predatory red-flag or a concrete example of sexual molestation. Given my own childhood and the anecdotes I've gleaned from those both in my family and friends, maybe I am really just a:
  • child-molester
  • molestation-victim
  • molestation enabler

EDITed to MAKE it easier to read

Waterbed Wendy fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 7, 2016

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ya stop bing so passionate abou tit

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Pot Of Shoe posted:

You seem to be very passionate about this, but context is important. At 7 years old, with no sexual purpose just child curiosity about her own and her sister's body, she pried her sister's labia apart. Her exploration of her sister's genitalia is not sexual, though I understand it's hard to divorce genital touching from sexuality keep in mind that this was at an age where such things are completely normal. At that age you have no idea what sex is, or what the purpose of a vagina is. It should have been up to her mother to explain to her that that is not appropriate using language that a seven year old can understand. Then, in a later incident, she admits that she sometimes would masturbate with her sister sleeping next to her. Her comments on her sister's body don't seem sexual to me, just that it was there and moving around. Again, this happened when she was still a minor, albeit one who should know to take her solo congress to a bathroom, but it's like when I would masturbate when everyone was asleep around me at a sleepover. That is very anecdotal, I realize, but it seems pretty similar in my mind so...idk. Lena also has a way of being blase about her descriptions and perhaps not understanding how the language she uses can put suggestions into people's minds about what went on. Though I don't particularly like how abrasive she can be, nor do I particularly enjoy the preachiness of Girls I cannot find a predatory red-flag or a concrete example of sexual molestation. Given my own childhood and the anecdotes I've gleaned from those both in my family and friends, maybe I am really just a child-molester/molestation-victim/molestation enabler.

whoa lookit that text brick

also it should be pointed out that a bunch of editors and other adults read her book before it was published and presumably were all like "yeah this is good, go with it" which is pretty nuts to me as well so maybe I am the outsider here

still would never ever leave Lena alone with children

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What about the time Lena Dunham wrote this:

Lena Dunham posted:

Let's just say Buffy was a female dog, and my depravity knew no limits.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Do you think if bill cosby went to a bunch of clinton rallies he would get off the hook for his sex crimes also?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Nooner posted:

Do you think if bill cosby went to a bunch of clinton rallies he would get off the hook for his sex crimes also?

Probably.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Women have it so easy. They can be models even though theyre ugly.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

City of Tampa posted:

whoa lookit that text brick

please see my newly edited post I have reformatted for your reading comfort.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pot Of Shoe posted:

please see my newly edited post I have reformatted for your reading comfort.

whoa gently caress that wall of text

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

whoa gently caress that wall of text

Oh gaddemmit

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
George Bush did 9/11 and everyone was willing to forgive and forget. I think Lena Dunham should be extended the same courtesy :shrug:

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
hey you know whats a cool thought?

as president hillary clinton might appoint lena dunham to a position of real authority haha ah cooool

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I don't read GBS much but are you guys usually just outright humorlessly hostile towards women? What's that all about?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
you know who was ver y progressive? john wayne

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

BigFactory posted:

I don't read GBS much but are you guys usually just outright humorlessly hostile towards women? What's that all about?

Some women have the nerve to have flaws AND not be cute.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

BigFactory posted:

Treatment of Lena Dunham is the point on which you've chosen to base your analysis of GBS on?

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

you know who was ver y progressive? john wayne

He treated all horses equally.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

BigFactory posted:

that must be very triggering for you

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

BigFactory posted:

gsb is an alt right safe space

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pot Of Shoe posted:

• At 7 years old, with no sexual purpose just child curiosity about her own and her sister's body, she pried her sister's labia apart. Her exploration of her sister's genitalia is not sexual, though I understand it's hard to divorce genital touching from sexuality keep in mind that this was at an age where such things are completely normal. At that age you have no idea what sex is, or what the purpose of a vagina is. It should have been up to her mother to explain to her that that is not appropriate using language that a seven year old can understand.

• Then, in a later incident, she admits that she sometimes would masturbate with her sister sleeping next to her. Her comments on her sister's body don't seem sexual to me, just that it was there and moving around. Again, this happened when she was still a minor, albeit one who should know to take her solo congress to a bathroom, but it's like when I would masturbate when everyone was asleep around me at a sleepover. That is very anecdotal, I realize, but it seems pretty similar in my mind so...idk. Lena also has a way of being blase about her descriptions and perhaps not understanding how the language she uses can put suggestions into people's minds about what went on.

Though I don't particularly like how abrasive she can be, nor do I particularly enjoy the preachiness of Girls I cannot find a predatory red-flag or a concrete example of sexual molestation. Given my own childhood and the anecdotes I've gleaned from those both in my family and friends, maybe I am really just a:
  • child-molester
  • molestation-victim
  • molestation enabler

what the gently caress tell me you didn't write this out yourself

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Captain Yossarian posted:

Treatment of Lena Dunham is the point on which you've chosen to base your analysis of GBS on?

Yeah, what's the deal with you guys?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

she pried her sister's labia apart?

now i have this in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz8f7H3NtsQ

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

why would you want to defend lena dunham, the lady is loving gross its like thinking randy quaid deserves respect

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

BigFactory posted:

Yeah, what's the deal with you guys?

I don't have an opinion either way really, but do you think it's possible that people just don't like her? I mean it seems possible to me, but

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Pot Of Shoe posted:

• child-molester
  • molestation-victim
  • molestation enabler

You have mental problems if you are seriously and thoughtfully coming to the defense of Lena Dunham. I know Jastiger does it, but he is a known gimmick.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Pawn 17 posted:

You have mental problems if you are seriously and thoughtfully coming to the defense of Lena Dunham. I know Jastiger does it, but he is a known gimmick.

the formatting alone is akin to a flashing "i am schizophrenic" neon sign

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
schizophrenia is a requirement to become a d&d mod so this guy is on his way

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Pot Of Shoe posted:

• child-molester
  • molestation-victim
  • molestation enabler

Dude this is pretty weird and you did not have a normal childhood. Jfc.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Linux Pirate posted:

Considering you've got to be shameless to ruin your body, showing it off isn't that hard to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
:shrug:

• Locked thread