Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jastiger posted:

Lena Dunham is actually funny, talented, and very attractive

I'm willing to look past "attractive", but the remaining descriptors are so perverse no civilized society should be forced to endure reading them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
She goes by Simon now,

https://twitter.com/simongdunham/status/529316552840314880

And a little extract from her website:

quote:

Some things about me are that I’m white, that I have relatively famous parents, and that my sister is a celebrity. I also have a vagina, which makes people think I’m a woman. I have an intimate relationship with a black trans activist, Reina, who by being in a public collaborative relationship with me validates my perspective and—despite my whiteness, my class, and my proximity to fame—makes my critique of power seem legitimate in ways it otherwise might not. In other words, as a commodity, I have power through my associations with social capital; in addition, I hold a set of marginalized identities which give me intellectual authority and increased use-value in contexts seeking "diversity."

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I looked up Carroll Dunham's painting, they are pretty funny.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

SpaceAceJase posted:

She goes by Simon now,

Woof. Do you ever meet someone who is well read and intelligent, but only in a narrow field of study to the detriment of their general knowledge (aka every engineer I've ever met)

quote:

. I have an intimate relationship with a black trans activist, Reina, who by being in a public collaborative relationship with me validates my perspective and—despite my whiteness, my class, and my proximity to fame—makes my critique of power seem legitimate in ways it otherwise might not

How dumb

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
So she uses a black trans activist as a reverse-beard to gain acceptance and hide her privilege.

What progress we've made.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SpaceAceJase posted:

She goes by Simon now,

Is there a phrase to say when this happens? Like you know how there is Poe's law? Is there something like that for stuff like this? Just uncompromising unawareness spewing out of someone's dumb face that wouldn't know actual struggle even if it came in the form of vagina geology.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
"Some things about me are that I’m white, that I have relatively famous parents, and that my sister is a celebrity. I also have a vagina, which makes people think I’m a woman. I have an intimate relationship with a black trans activist, Reina, who by being in a public collaborative relationship with me validates my perspective and—despite my whiteness, my class, and my proximity to fame—makes my critique of power seem legitimate in ways it otherwise might not. In other words, as a commodity, I have power through my associations with social capital; in addition, I hold a set of marginalized identities which give me intellectual authority and increased use-value in contexts seeking "diversity.""

There's no way someone doesn't type that ironically. No way someone typed that and thought "I did a good job". Right ? RIGHT ??

Someone who genuinely believes all that stuff has the same value to society as Rush Limbaugh

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Decebal posted:

"Some things about me are that I’m white, that I have relatively famous parents, and that my sister is a celebrity. I also have a vagina, which makes people think I’m a woman. I have an intimate relationship with a black trans activist, Reina, who by being in a public collaborative relationship with me validates my perspective and—despite my whiteness, my class, and my proximity to fame—makes my critique of power seem legitimate in ways it otherwise might not. In other words, as a commodity, I have power through my associations with social capital; in addition, I hold a set of marginalized identities which give me intellectual authority and increased use-value in contexts seeking "diversity.""

There's no way someone doesn't type that ironically. No way someone typed that and thought "I did a good job". Right ? RIGHT ??

Someone who genuinely believes all that stuff has the same value to society as Rush Limbaugh

new york idle rich

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Decebal posted:

Would you expect anything less from the sister of someone who calls herself "the voice of a generation" after growing up in a lifelong nursery school where the word "no" didn't exist and became a celebrity through sheer nepotism?

These people do not live in the real world.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

SpaceAceJase posted:

She goes by Simon now,

Stop doxxing me.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

The_Franz posted:

Would you expect anything less from the sister of someone who calls herself "the voice of a generation" after growing up in a lifelong nursery school where the word "no" didn't exist and became a celebrity through sheer nepotism?

These people do not live in the real world.

Yes, but can't they have a damaging influence on the real world though ??

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Decebal posted:

Are all people like this autistic

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Zzulu posted:

Are all people like this autistic

I could probably legit pull off actually believing some poo poo like that if I stopped taking my meds and was balls-deep in a months long manic episode. I think people like this are just crazy in general, which certainly doesn't preclude the 'sperg but also doesn't indicate it in any meaningful way. Text is the worst way to get a feel for somebody's "place on the spectrum" anyway, since you're missing all of the subtle interpersonal cues and poo poo like that in the first place.

TL;DR: Yes

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's cool that they're trans but lol that Simon literally goes "I'm loving this person so I have authority on poo poo outside my paygrade"

naem
May 29, 2011

rezatahs posted:

new york idle rich

The grimdark future is going to be a vast air conditioned drone guarded warehouse full of swimming pools sized vats of flesh all burbling GENDERFLUID at each other while the other 99% of humanity huddle in the radioactive wastelands eating dirt

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol someone in this thread wrote a loving essay to defend a child molester

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

setafd posted:

it's cool that they're trans but lol that Simon literally goes "I'm loving this person so I have authority on poo poo outside my paygrade"

p sure she's just genderqueer :rolleyes:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

rezatahs posted:

new york idle rich

See people call me antisemitic when really i just hate rich white new yorkers

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm not gay?!?!?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Don't try to photoshop her, just post more sexy Lena pics tia.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Blue Train posted:

I'm not gay?!?!?

Bill Murray?

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Jastiger posted:

Don't try to photoshop her, just post more sexy Lena pics tia.

A computer AI made that photoshop

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I got to page 5 of this thread before I literally googled Lena Dunham to make sure I was thinking of the right person

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I got to page 5 of this thread before I literally googled Lena Dunham to make sure I was thinking of the right person

I'm glad you did. She's hot af.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Jastiger posted:

I'm glad you did. She's hot af.

i too find a woman shaped like a bag of rotten potatoes hot af

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

vols bitch posted:

i too find a woman shaped like a bag of rotten potatoes hot af

please dont feed the troll

he is desperate for any attention, even negative attention

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why would the status of the potatoes shape the bag rotten or not? What a dumb insult.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Someone said Lena Dunham looks like a sentient toe and that was probably the best description I ever heard.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Jastiger posted:

Why would the status of the potatoes shape the bag rotten or not? What a dumb insult.

U only notice the differences where it starts walking

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

This is great and captures Lena's essence.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

naem posted:

The grimdark future is going to be a vast air conditioned drone guarded warehouse full of swimming pools sized vats of flesh all burbling GENDERFLUID at each other while the other 99% of humanity huddle in the radioactive wastelands eating dirt

i like this imagery but you have to find a way to have the 1% somehow feel oppressed by the wastelanders

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Jastiger posted:

Rotten potatoes release potentially deadly gas depending on the variety I believe, so depending on the air-tightness of the bag in question, extra distention and swelling might be present and drawing near might be harmful to your health.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A chance im willing to take with the beauty known as Lena Dunham

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pvt.Scott posted:

Rotten potatoes release potentially deadly gas depending on the variety I believe, so depending on the air-tightness of the bag in question, extra distention and swelling might be present and drawing near might be harmful to your health.

I like to imagine she is sprouting disgusting shoots, like an old, soggy potato.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
me reading Jastigers posts irl:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Toadvine posted:

you cant trick me with all that make-up, it only works with goths

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
makeup on fleek gat drat Hah

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

So you become hyper attractive from reading my posts? Nice.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jastiger posted:

So you become hyper attractive from reading my posts? Nice.

No, apparently reading your posts drives home the sobering fact that even Vogue's world-class cosmetologists and prestige level photoshop wizards can't elevate Ms. Dunham above a generous 6.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
6.5 is my target range

• Locked thread