Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who blew it the hardest?
This poll is closed.
Conor McGregor 31 15.98%
Jon Jones 163 84.02%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

Frankie was the champion too but at a hundred fifty five pounds, I know the fans really wanna see, him, get back in the ring, what he sees, for a belt, now.

Lmao I can hear it in his voice :ortiz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

e: too many mma threads

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I google when they try to take that credit from me

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
My question, and we all know it needs to be answered, is if Bifgoot and Giblert were to fight, who would win?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This sounds like they're answering questions in a magical cave.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stealth Tiger posted:

First, incredible OP.

I really wouldn't mind at all if they put cormier in a non title fight with gustaffson. It's one thing to get in the cage and fight because you're a loving fighter, and another thing to get in there and put a lot on the line without any time to prepare.
However, I am very worried that 99 percent of MMA fans would think cormier is a pussy for not putting the belt on the line, but he's not a pussy anymore since he made Jon Jones cry.

Jones & Cormier are now tied for making each other cry at 1-1.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Surprising almost no one Johny Hendricks and Kelvin Gastelum are part of the few left that have yet to weigh in.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Brock just weighed in and like all fighters was asked to stay on the scale for 5 seconds for press photos and just walked off and out of the room. He really doesn't give a poo poo.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Brock just weighed in and like all fighters was asked to stay on the scale for 5 seconds for press photos and just walked off and out of the room. He really doesn't give a poo poo.

Public weigh-ins are stupid anyway

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This op has legit literary value. It's a shame that only a small gang of niche goons will ever see it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore posted:

This op has legit literary value. It's a shame that only a small gang of niche goons will ever see it.

I appreciate it! It was really fun to write, but in a way it was among my most challenging to write: like channeling ee cummings through the lens of a profound learning disability.

Prelims info was added and I will be adding an entry for Anderson shortly. I apologize for the haphazardly on this one, it was kind of a bitch of a card to keep up with these last few days.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 8, 2016

mewse
May 2, 2006

Did you add the poll after the JJ news happened?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Yes, it seemed much safer than my usual mix of "who will win the title fights" when there were like 16 possible combinations even before the Jones Silva Shuffle.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Anderson weighed in at 198.5 so DC is gonna have quite the size advantage tomorrow.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

15 mins left in weigh ins and Miesha, Gastelum and Hendricks have yet to weigh in.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Le Saboteur posted:

Anderson weighed in at 198.5 so DC is gonna have quite the size advantage tomorrow.

Non-roided Anderson at 198.5lb seems to be a guarantee we can't expect a brilliant roided 205lb performance like his other 3 LHW fights.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

UFC 200 GDT v3.2 update history
[]Fixed bug where bouts appeared in the wrong order
[]Added Cormier vs. Silva photos and bios

Bluedeanie posted:

For a special, light heavyweight bout, of the night

DC Dannel Cormiay (c but not for the night)

verse

Anderson “SpideSilva”

Did you know they spell Daniel Cormiay’s name wrong, on all the UFCs and onlines and stuff? They write it like “Cormier” but I heard him say it with his mouth, and that’s not how it is like that. Everyone makes fun of me on the youtube comments about not being able to talk good and stuff, but, heh, but guess I’m not the dummie now this time, huh Dana? Heheh. Danielle’s real AWESOME at wrestling, he’s got AWESOME punches, buddy, let’s look at that. Knockouts over AnthonRumble Johnstons, and Bifgoot, and he wrestled real AWESOME in the college and Olympics. But is only loss, is to Jone Bones, who he was suppose to fight for the best light heavyweight, of the night, before a unfortunate accident with a supplemen made him too strong to fight. Buddy, let me tell him, what he’s thinking tonight?

Wow I can’t believe it, the 185 years old champ, Anderson Silva, back again with a dominating fashion. Buddy, let me show you, what he was champ, when I last fought for MY UFC belt, in 2006, verse Chuck Liddell. That was a long time ago, but he was champ for a long time too, not until the Allmerican Chris Weedman fought him, he knocked him out and that was crazy, then the rematch when Spider went for a kick him, and his leg got like gum you chew too long, let me tell him what he was thinking. He hasn’t won in a while but that’s ok, all credit to his warriors but he’s had some injuries, they were real hard to overcome, he works hard to do this, this is in his blood, fighting is what he loves, so it just wasn’t his night, for four years. AWESOME, I can’t wait.

and don’t forget to make your choices, of the best fighters, of the night

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

We are getting really close to the new main event of UFC 200 being hosed. Johny hitting the scales now, someone off to the side asked him if he was going to faint and he said he'd try not to. He's heavy, going to the towel now. 171.25 with the towel. Johny has missed weight. Hendricks was visibly shaking on the scale. Miesha Tate weighed in apparently in the back privately and weight is good. Gastelum hitting the scales with a minute to go. Gastelum makes weight at 171.

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/751459000114225152

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 8, 2016

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I seriously don't give a poo poo anymore let chaos reign motherfuckers

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
If Gastelum and Hendricks are /both/ off weight, they'll probably work out a catchweight and have them fight, but they're not going to be very popular with management for a while, especially since this isn't the first time for either of them.

If Miesha misses weight for her first title defense... hoo boy. Dana and Lorenzo are gonna be apoplectic.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Fat Johnny missed weight

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Fat Kelvin made weight

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Miesha is up and has to fully strip to make weight it looks like. And she makes it at 134.5. All championship fights are on.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I'm glad that guy let johny make a pizza

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Meisha made it at the buzzer

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

Fat Kelvin made weight

Good... good...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

so does Johny get an hour to lose a quarter of a pound or no

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

From the murmuring at the weigh ins it sounds like Johny has an hour to cut the quarter pounder. But considering he was shaking on the scales and whoever was with him was worried he was going to faint he probably shouldn't.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
If anderson is 198 he's in good shape

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

If anderson is 198 he's in good shape

Guys often are lighter after surgery and it's not usually because they're in good shape

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Guys often are lighter after surgery and it's not usually because they're in good shape

(to be clear I dunno if he's in good shape or not, but him being lighter after having major surgery is not indicative of anything as far as that goes)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/751462240054718464 Guess thats all she wrote for Hendricks' weight cut.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Le Saboteur posted:

From the murmuring at the weigh ins it sounds like Johny has an hour to cut the quarter pounder.

Johnny Hendricks, smacking lips together feverishly: quarter pounder??

Le Saboteur posted:

Hendricks on the scale looking fairly ghastly. https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/751460360645816320 Also the main event was seconds away from being off. https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/751464047724244992

tfw you didn't eat the fries but you could have anyway.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 8, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's probably in good shape for a 41 year old athletic man but not for a 41 year old MMA fighter.

Johny Hendricks didn't skip the fries after all.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I will gladly weigh in Tuesday for a hamburger today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaspgmHH4wk

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hendricks on the scale looking fairly ghastly. https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/751460360645816320 Also the main event was seconds away from being off. https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/751464047724244992

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Jon Jones still on drugs

Johny Hendricks still fat as poo poo

All is well

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Charter member of the Dallas Burgers Club

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Hendricks has gotta move up, man. This is gettin scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sklWAl7qk

• Locked thread