Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who blew it the hardest?
This poll is closed.
Conor McGregor 31 15.98%
Jon Jones 163 84.02%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
slev
Apr 6, 2009

ronda refused to come out because Browne got his rear end kicked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
So can we get Rowdy Ringsports renamed back to Wrestlehut 2000 - Brock Lesnar came from here?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Brock Brings Out The Idiots

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Al-Saqr posted:

I really think they should stop making quick submissions like this part of the UFC. it's really a huge waste of time to keep building up two hours for just 12 second matches.

I agree if someone gets knocked out they should force them to get back up so all fights last not less than 10 minutes and also 30 years of lessened lifespan

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Al-Saqr posted:

I really think they should stop making quick submissions like this part of the UFC. it's really a huge waste of time to keep building up two hours for just 12 second matches.

Uhhhhh

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

fatherdog posted:

You, also shut up.

Sure thing chief.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Al-Saqr posted:

W-what do you want them to do? Not try and win until a time limit has passed?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

No don't go back to Brazil, they've got Zika and pollution and terrible things there. You have money now, stay in Vegas.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Shadalator posted:

great an ugly woman's champion...that'll put butts in the seats

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hahaha Probation before I could call you an rear end in a top hat.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

wait why would ronda beat a striker when thats how she lost already

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fatherdog posted:

We already knew it was gonna be Rock, Paper, Scissors when the woman who beat Rousey got beaten by a woman Rousey destroyed twice

Weren't the Tate/Rousey fights the most competitive/long-lasting of Rousey's career?

Legit asking, I didn't see them live so I'm basing that on what I've read but I thought Tate was the only one that Rousey ever had trouble against (until Holm KOed her of course)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

poo poo talking Dana is how every champion interview should end

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah when they predetermine the outcome they should definitely work on some of their cool back-and-forth stuff, just like all legitimate sporting competitions, you absolute loving goof

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Brazillian Kardashians Kall out.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Eltoasto posted:

No don't go back to Brazil, they've got Zika and pollution and terrible things there. You have money now, stay in Vegas.

if you're trying to avoid disease and dirt why would you stay in VEGAS?

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016

Shadalator posted:

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember Travis Browne getting steamrolled.

What a great time that was.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Early tap

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Nunes seems like a cool lady

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The whole "interview the person that just got the poo poo beat out of them" thing is pretty depressing though

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Al-Saqr posted:

bad booking imo

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Hace posted:

Where's ronda??

Laughing, somewhere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mister E posted:

W-what do you want them to do? Not try and win until a time limit has passed?

3 tap outs each. When you tap they have to release and let you stand up.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Shadalator posted:

I'm going to collect all the probations from this thread and look back on them fondly on my scrapbook years from now

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dias posted:

fair enough, fair enough

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Jerusalem posted:

Weren't the Tate/Rousey fights the most competitive/long-lasting of Rousey's career?

Legit asking, I didn't see them live so I'm basing that on what I've read but I thought Tate was the only one that Rousey ever had trouble against (until Holm KOed her of course)

Tate and Holm are the only ones to make it to round 2 with Rousey.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Minitrue posted:

Good for Tate that didn't go any longer otherwise she'd would have gone full JDS post-Cain face.

Yeah she literally got her face rearranged. I guess there's some small comfort that she was able to stay up for another 30 sec before the mercy killing but Jesus.

As soon as I stated seeing how hard the punches were and that Tate didn't have any sort of answer I started thinking, uh oh.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Miesha is too nice for UFC :(

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

A fun ppv but hard to live up to how awesome ufc 100 was

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Are those all Nunes' sisters?

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
Those losses to Ronda prepared her well for this moment

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Dias posted:

The disease is all in Pahrump, and the dirt is all at Palace Station. Don't go to those places, and you're golden.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I only got Cain and Cormier right.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Tweak posted:

Because Holm is extremely disciplined and Nunes is not. She could beat Ronda, but she would probably lose. She had worse than 50/50 odds to win this fight IMO, she had to light Miesha up early and finish her or she would have gassed and lost the last 4 rounds.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Jerusalem posted:

Rousey had nothing but first round armbar finishes for a large part of her career so....not really.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

UFC 200 kinda sucked. But i got drunk in IRC with some goons and it was cool and good.

UFC 202 is gonna be the poo poo. Brock is crazy. Like he creeps me the gently caress out, nobody that big should be that fast...and now he knows how to shoulder roll/dodge punches now. WTF.

Anderson Silva will always be my favorite, he outstruck the poo poo out of DC for the 31 seconds he was standing upright. Edgar/Aldo was dope.
Joe Lauzon owns and is underrated.

I had fun.

I love you guys

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
i know it doesn't matter in any way but did Tate fall down because she stepped in that little dip between the cage and the mat? it kinda looked like it

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

They were the most competitive because they matched up well. AKA, both aren't very good against strikers.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Holy gently caress. Has Nick Swardson been eating ham pizzas twenty-four hours per day for the last two years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Tweak posted:

Ah yes, the two types of fighter; the striker and the other one.

• Locked thread