Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who blew it the hardest?
This poll is closed.
Conor McGregor 31 15.98%
Jon Jones 163 84.02%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Good evening lebsen genlmen, :ortiz: I am Tito Ortiz, and I am back to officially welcome you to the TDG 200, of UFC, on 10 pm ET Saturday, July 9, only for paper view.

We got a AWESOME history card here folks, literally this weekend and Dana and I decided to bury the hatchet, so thanks for me, the People’s Champion, be the official voice, of the night, for the GTD here on the online, for old time sakes. I’m real excited to see the people fighting here in Las Vegas, it reminds me of the time I was ufc undisputulight heavyweight champon, and the hotel was real nice and gave me a complemenery shrimp buffay, which tasted good. But I’m here on the Fight Week for the fans, and this thread is very solidly with my hands around it, so let’s give the fans what they want, on the UFC card, of the night.

:siren: haha wow there’s girls in the UFC now, let’s see which will be the best 135 year old, of the night

Tate Cupcake. Miesha.

vs.

Amandl Noons

Miesha Cupcake was the third ever Strikeforce girl champ and now she’s the third ever UFC girl champ at a hundred thirdle pounds. She could never beat the old champ, what’s her name, Randa Rosies, but then HollHolms came and kicked her out, so Miesha came and choked her down and now she’s the champ. Pretty crazy, huh? Now Tate says she wants to fight Christiano, Santos, Cyborg, but she can’t because Cyborg can never fight in the UFC, I can show you it was never fearful about Tate but show you literally impossible. for her to be make that weight. That’s why she’s fighting for $7 in Invicta instead, where I told her to go as her manager, she was my first ever TEAM PUNISHMENT person who hire me and that means a lot, I really appreciate you all coming and. Uh. I just got a text. Oh wow she fought in UFC and I got fired… uh… wow that sucks.

Amandl Noons is like Veetor Belfort, who I got to comment-commenat-talk about on Affliction when I was their interview guy. Real powerful, real good guy, real dangerous. So what she’s a black belt in jiu jitsu. She won her first ever decison ever last time so I guess her heart, her cardio’s real good now so she’s gonna tell me, I wanna see, what she saw there in the ring, how she’s gonna feeling this night.

Two hundre-265 years old

Brockl Esner

verse

Mark Hunt “SuperSamone”

Wow, Brock is back. I used to watch him in the WWE, and I saw on an online documentary that one time there was a shark in the ocean and it was gonna eat all the people so he ran in and saved them with his big wrestling move. That was real brave, I’d have done that too but he got there first. Back in the UFC he was a champion too and did real AWESOME until he fought that Metsican guy Kane, who I thought was in the WWE too but I guess he took off the mask and came here to UFC. But anyway Brock got hit real bad and did a barrel flip and now he wasn’t the champion, then he didn’t eat his broccoli and got real sick and AliserOvreem beat him up so he went to WWE again. When I was a little kid I don’t eat my broccoli neither so my mom made me, it sucked but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I like it with cheese sauce now.

Mark Hunt is a real cool strong guy who hits real hard, and he use to fight in Japan before UFC. He got his nickname from that cartoon show SuperSamone Goku I think it was, where the vegable man came and everyone screamed real loud, then his hair got blonde like mine used to be but spiky. The SuperSamone in that beat the vegable man with a dominating fashion but a vegable beat Brock Lesnar here in real life, so I think Mark Hunt will win, if you really think about it.

For a special, light heavyweight bout, of the night

DC Dannel Cormiay (c but not for the night)

verse

Anderson “SpideSilva”

Did you know they spell Daniel Cormiay’s name wrong, on all the UFCs and onlines and stuff? They write it like “Cormier” but I heard him say it with his mouth, and that’s not how it is like that. Everyone makes fun of me on the youtube comments about not being able to talk good and stuff, but, heh, but guess I’m not the dummie now this time, huh Dana? Heheh. Danielle’s real AWESOME at wrestling, he’s got AWESOME punches, buddy, let’s look at that. Knockouts over AnthonRumble Johnstons, and Bifgoot, and he wrestled real AWESOME in the college and Olympics. But is only loss, is to Jone Bones, who he was suppose to fight for the best light heavyweight, of the night, before a unfortunate accident with a supplemen made him too strong to fight. Buddy, let me tell him, what he’s thinking tonight?

Wow I can’t believe it, the 185 years old champ, Anderson Silva, back again with a dominating fashion. Buddy, let me show you, what he was champ, when I last fought for MY UFC belt, in 2006, verse Chuck Liddell. That was a long time ago, but he was champ for a long time too, not until the Allmerican Chris Weedman fought him, he knocked him out and that was crazy, then the rematch when Spider went for a kick him, and his leg got like gum you chew too long, let me tell him what he was thinking. He hasn’t won in a while but that’s ok, all credit to his warriors but he’s had some injuries, they were real hard to overcome, he works hard to do this, this is in his blood, fighting is what he loves, so it just wasn’t his night, for four years. AWESOME, I can’t wait.

:siren: To be second the next best Conor Mc-little featherweight fighter, of the night :siren:

Josay Aldo. Junior.

Verse

Frank “Edgar” Answer

This is gonna be an AWESOME fight, it was suppose be Conor McGegl verse Nake Diaz for the fight of the night, but then Conor tried to fight UFC, which take it from me Conor, buddy, that don’t work. You can’t do that. It’s too hard, they win. Then you have to fight Dana and that’s not too scary at first, you think “yeah I can beat up Dana, his bald old head.” But after a little while, you go to the office the next day, and he’s there just screamin and liftin up the whole boxing mat in the training gym up like he’s lookin for a candy, like a chip or somethin he dropped under the couch, except he’s just lifting it up with his big muscles screaming and like three of my — I mean someone else’s needles are stickin out of his rear end and it’s real bad. That’s when you realize your neck is hurt and you need a surgery. Josay Aldo lost to Conor though but that’s ok, he’s AWESOME and was the champ for a long time, and he even beat AnswerFrankie Edgar when they fought the last time.

Frankie was the champion too but at a hundred fifty five pounds, I know the fans really wanna see, him, get back in the ring, what he sees, for a belt, now. He beat Chamonl Mendes with an AWESOME ko, he beat, whatshis, Urijah Faber for first time not in a belt, he use to be, what, latest submission ever for UFC, he’s AWESOME. Best fight of the night, for a draw, with Gramanderd.

Big

Kane Vasqlez

verse

Travis Brown “Happen”

Hey it’s that Kane I told you about! He hit Brockle with a AWESOME punch, made him do uh, a flip roll, right in the cage, that was a lot of nights ago but the fans, buddy, are here to see what it’s like, and what he saw, in the cage. He was the champion twice but first he was knocked out by JSD, but then he got it back, but then it was too tall up outside, which I guess is a lot like making you feel like you need a surgery in your neck with an injury. He don’t got too good knees no more so let’s see how he does that, in the fight.

Travis and his ex wife remind me a lot of me and my sexy ex girlfriend Jenna Jameson but my lawyer is telling me to stop talking about that now, and he’s dating Randy Rousey anyway, so he’s gonna go in there real big for her, to win, buddy.

OTHER poo poo TO WATCH
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1), 8 pm ET
Women's Bantamweight Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Peña
Welterweight Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Bantamweight T.J. Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assunção
Lightweight Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marín

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass), 630 pm ET
Lightweight Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon
Middleweight Gegard Mousasi vs. Thiago Santos
Lightweight Jim Miller Vs. Takanori Gomi

Official weigh-ins, now maybe idk anymore

Official snackerating for the MMA: This sandwich tray that my company Primetime 360 provided for you, ourselves, for you

and don’t forget to make your choices, of the best fighters, of the night

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I wrote jokes for Cormier vs. Jones because I've had this card up my sleeve going on two weeks now, but Jon Jones ruined my special night. I was drat proud of them though, so I am sharing them here in honor of what could have been.

:siren: To be the best, light heavyweight, of the night :siren:

DC Dannel Cormiay (c)

verse

John Jone “Bones” (also a c)

Did you know they spell Daniel Cormiay’s name wrong, on all the UFCs and onlines and stuff? They write it like “Cormier” but I heard him say it with his mouth, and that’s not how it is like that. Everyone makes fun of me on the youtube comments about not being able to talk good and stuff, but, heh, but guess I’m not the dummie now this time, huh Dana? Heheh. Danielle’s real AWESOME at wrestling, he’s got AWESOME punches, buddy, let’s look at that. Knockouts over AnthonRumble Johnstons, and Bifgoot, and he wrestled real AWESOME in the college and Olympics. But is only loss, is to Jone Bones, who he fights for the best light heavyweight, of the night. Buddy, let me tell him, what he’s thinking tonight?

We’ve got two belts this time, folks. Champion vs. a champion, for the fight of the night. Jones beat my record for most best light heavyweight, which I don’t like, but his only loss is to Matt Hammer, who I teached on the Ultima Fighter, and you know what? I’ve noticed he don’t hear too good, which means he’s got a soft head and don’t got none of the equilibrum, so that pretty much means I for sure would beat John Jone. I definitely would, except back then my neck was bad from an injury back then, and I had some surgeries on it, so nothing to take away from Jone, he’s a warrior, but I guess it just wasn’t my night in 2011, when we would have fought.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 7, 2016

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Also if you'd like to support my medical bills, please donate to the Bluedeanie's Self-Induced Stroke Recovery Fund on Gofundme

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CommonShore posted:

This op has legit literary value. It's a shame that only a small gang of niche goons will ever see it.

I appreciate it! It was really fun to write, but in a way it was among my most challenging to write: like channeling ee cummings through the lens of a profound learning disability.

Prelims info was added and I will be adding an entry for Anderson shortly. I apologize for the haphazardly on this one, it was kind of a bitch of a card to keep up with these last few days.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 8, 2016

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Yes, it seemed much safer than my usual mix of "who will win the title fights" when there were like 16 possible combinations even before the Jones Silva Shuffle.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

UFC 200 GDT v3.2 update history
[]Fixed bug where bouts appeared in the wrong order
[]Added Cormier vs. Silva photos and bios

Bluedeanie posted:

For a special, light heavyweight bout, of the night

DC Dannel Cormiay (c but not for the night)

verse

Anderson “SpideSilva”

Did you know they spell Daniel Cormiay’s name wrong, on all the UFCs and onlines and stuff? They write it like “Cormier” but I heard him say it with his mouth, and that’s not how it is like that. Everyone makes fun of me on the youtube comments about not being able to talk good and stuff, but, heh, but guess I’m not the dummie now this time, huh Dana? Heheh. Danielle’s real AWESOME at wrestling, he’s got AWESOME punches, buddy, let’s look at that. Knockouts over AnthonRumble Johnstons, and Bifgoot, and he wrestled real AWESOME in the college and Olympics. But is only loss, is to Jone Bones, who he was suppose to fight for the best light heavyweight, of the night, before a unfortunate accident with a supplemen made him too strong to fight. Buddy, let me tell him, what he’s thinking tonight?

Wow I can’t believe it, the 185 years old champ, Anderson Silva, back again with a dominating fashion. Buddy, let me show you, what he was champ, when I last fought for MY UFC belt, in 2006, verse Chuck Liddell. That was a long time ago, but he was champ for a long time too, not until the Allmerican Chris Weedman fought him, he knocked him out and that was crazy, then the rematch when Spider went for a kick him, and his leg got like gum you chew too long, let me tell him what he was thinking. He hasn’t won in a while but that’s ok, all credit to his warriors but he’s had some injuries, they were real hard to overcome, he works hard to do this, this is in his blood, fighting is what he loves, so it just wasn’t his night, for four years. AWESOME, I can’t wait.

and don’t forget to make your choices, of the best fighters, of the night

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

Fat Kelvin made weight

Good... good...

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I will gladly weigh in Tuesday for a hamburger today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaspgmHH4wk

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Hendricks has gotta move up, man. This is gettin scary.

Hendricks would be severely out reached and undersized at middleweight, he needs to manage his diet more like a pro athlete and less like me, a grossly fat goon

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Dangersim posted:

On a serious note and fanboyism aside, are people really counting out anderson that much? Yes he hasn't looked tremendous in his last fights but he was also fighting guys who hung back and fought patiently. That's not what Cormier is at all.

Imagine Silva Sonnen 1 except Silva is much older, slower, chinner, less prepared, less juiced and all around more beat up, and Sonnen is way stronger and more powerful and has cardio. What do you think that looks like?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Dangersim posted:

You guys know he fought chael again and stuffed a bunch of takedowns and then ko'd him right

Bluedeanie posted:

Imagine Silva Sonnen 1 except Silva is much older, slower, chinner, less prepared, less juiced and all around more beat up, and Sonnen is way stronger and more powerful and has cardio. What do you think that looks like?

There's always the chance of a shorts grab at least.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I don't know who Tito Ortiz is.

UFC hall of famer and former longtime light heavyweight champ. Speaks like that thread is written. Willingly fathered children with Jenna Jameson. Might have Forrest Gump level intellect.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I could only get audio at the time, what happened with the mic?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Love Crime posted:

I take it back, you're the leading authority on getting the poo poo kicked out of you

Paul Pot?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Yeah feels really King of the Cage

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Dammmmmmmn

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

JOOOOOE

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Buffer's Diamonds Are Forever tux is one of my favorites.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

drat, Sage has strep throat again

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I'm the person wolf whistling in the crowd every time it goes to North south

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Shappa posted:

So "generic opponent" probably won that round but they'll give it to sage cause he does better interviews, right?

No one knows the true reasoning behind the strange decisions of the judges, but it's definitely not based on interviews or marketability

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ok got my arms in, what are you supposed to do with your legs and hips during this kind of choke? Nothing hmm... I think it's nothing

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I don't have FS 2 and I went to my dads to watch this so there isn't a good computer to stream from.

Please tell me what's happening.

Sage is showing a lot of natural talent crafted by a lot of bad technical guidance and will maybe lose a close decision

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Assuncao doesn't look rusty at all

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

Pretty sure Zingano Pena isn't going to be "a whirlwind of chaos"

I'm not sure why you feel this way

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fifthace posted:

It's kinda crazy to think of how far Hendricks has slid. People were arguing that he beat GSP.

People were right, too :colbert:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

LordPants posted:

Rousey did, until she ascended to the "wrecks people fast" status and thought she could box.

Other finishing moves:

Dan Henderson, Falcon Punch
Robbie Lawler, summoning the Blood God
Bob Sapp, betting against himself and faking an injury

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

fatherdog posted:

By thread bylaws, you must now claim she won that round 10-8 and declare eternal emnity against anyone claiming otherwise.

Agreed, now let me tell you about Tyron Woodley

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Good fight for unfortunate and unpleasant person Juliana Pena

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

While we're here in the lull, I have a question for our new friends who came here because of Brock or overall hype. Would you all be interested in some sort of ufc 200 post fight thoughts thread, or even something just highlighting who's cool or good and what to watch next if you're interested in following mma? Like there's so much more to Mark Hunt than has been illustrated by my thread, and you all deserve to know that.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

no BALD MAN SHOUT TIMES for UFC 200 confirms it isn't the biggest card of all time

Also I now hate UFC and MMA and this dumb sport :qq:

It's Peña's fault if you really think about it

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

ParanoidInc posted:

I would love that

Needs More Ditka posted:

I'm only following the show through this thread, but I would love to read a big "what to watch in MMA" effortpost like you're describing.

I'll get something posted probably tomorrow then.

gently caress Travis Browne for using the best fight walkout song of all time, he does not deserve this

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Wow, Browne has already won the night's "Worst entrance music" contest.

Congrats man, sorry everyone else, you're fighting for second place.

You are wrong

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Phobeste posted:

He definitely doesn't deserve it though

You are right

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Cain is good.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Aldo looks slow, could be Frankie's just that drat fast tho

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

That round was closer but still probably have him 2-0

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I have no firm grasp on who won that fight, but Frankie is the morally just choice

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The Brazilian champ is dead, long live the Brazilian champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Is normal.

• Locked thread