Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who blew it the hardest?
This poll is closed.
Conor McGregor 31 15.98%
Jon Jones 163 84.02%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This OP being amazing?
:ortiz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hunt vs Lesnar is a top-tier fight for selling tickets, means as much as the Diaz Conor rematch and it's more important to them to not let people think they can demand whatever they want and get it than have Conor on the card.

UFC 202 is a huge card anyway and Dana said he has no regrets about that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

god is real and he rewards mark hunt for his devotion once more

yeh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's probably in good shape for a 41 year old athletic man but not for a 41 year old MMA fighter.

Johny Hendricks didn't skip the fries after all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC200's main event getting nuked again because Miesha Tate can't keep time is the most UFC 200 thing so I'm shocked it didn't happen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only way it gets more tragic for Hendricks is another KO followed by him appearing on Bellator looking like Roy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She used to fight at 145 in Strikeforce for a while. I'd guess she's not a small BW, but she's not a big one either.

She did not think this one through.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

On a serious note and fanboyism aside, are people really counting out anderson that much? Yes he hasn't looked tremendous in his last fights but he was also fighting guys who hung back and fought patiently. That's not what Cormier is at all.

DC's a smart guy, he's going to look at the first Sonnen fight rather than the Weidman ones for his gameplan. He was a wrestling phenom in the heavies, he's not going to struggle taking down a MW with less than stellar TDD who weighed in at 198 and will be giving up a good 20 pounds by fight time. Cormier can definitely get him down, keep him down and pound him out pretty easy at this point.

Anderson still looked good against Bisping for a dude who has clearly lost a step or two, and Bisping's the champ now so yeah, he's still great, he's just facing a huge dude whose strength is his greatest weakness.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 8, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Just because they are both wrestlers doesn't mean they fight the same

Cormier would win his takedowns differently to Chael, sure, he'd attack differently and defend differently, but the ideal goal is the same. Take him down, pound him out or sub him. It's a very clear route to victory that's easier now than ever.

I love Andy, but he's the rightful underdog in this, and him losing to Cormier doesn't tarnish him at all or diminish him in my eyes. He has balls of steel for even thinking of taking this fight, never mind doing it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

colonel_korn posted:

DC has a pretty good chin too, and it's been a good long while since Anderson has KO'd anyone. I don't see much of a way for him to win this fight either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWG1yWWcF0

English commentary here, 3:40s for the same timestamp.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Yeah it's not like anderson's ever fought an.Olympic wrestler before...

1 week probation bet? I'll take DC

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zwachro posted:

...no she didn't? She did fight in their "Women's Welterweight Tournament" but that got renamed to bantamweight later.

After the last Ronda fight she was talking about how she walked around at 142 pounds and didn't want to put on muscle because she feared losing speed and cardio, and also making noises about an 125 pound weight class. Guess she's given up on that and bulked up instead.

My mistake then, woops.

Dangersim posted:

I don't disagree Cormier is the favorite, I'm just confused by people.acting like.anderson silva is a can

There's a huge difference between thinking a dude who has recently beaten excellent fighters, is an active champion and is looking better than ever while possessing the very strengths Anderson is weak against is a hellish matchup for Anderson at this point and saying Anderson is a can.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cormier looked real down and rough about the whole thing on Thursday morning, sucks for him real bad. Hope the UFC sort him out good and proper, with PPV points still ideally.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

threeagainstfour posted:

I will take that bet and back Silva on this one.

He looked primed and ready while scarfing down that quesadilla on Embedded. Let's go Spider!!

Right on

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you MMA God for Hassy, Mark Hunt, Lesnar and Mark Hunt vs Brock Lesnar

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Count Roland posted:

I hope we see the Aldo that crushed Edgar and made it look easy. Their first fight is one of my favorites.

We watched vastly different fights

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lauzon came to bang. Lots of people making a claim for that UFC 200 potn

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Better hope no one springs a leak on this yellow

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Awesome escape there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Assuncao is losing this but he's not putting in a bad show after 2 years off against a much improved TJ

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johny is so done

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Right call. Hard to see where Hendricks goes from here

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Brock: Don't get punched
Hunt: Don't get wrestled

Truly cutting insight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rough night for Cat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No UFC 200 bald man shout times :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They didnt think through the subtitles on the octagonal screen

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sprecherscrow posted:

Somebody post the gif of the Lindland knockout.

My favourite thing about that is how he neatly arranges the corpse when standing up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

I mean, I love UFC more than anybody but I wouldn't call this one of the biggest nights in all sports history.

not even close. arguably not this year.

seeing brock with the canadian flag will never feel normal

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Please return to form in stunning fashion please Cain Velasquez

Pretty please

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reckon Rousey isn't in the entourage here so they can have the kinda obvious SHOCKING cage confrontation from nowhere?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to be mad if Anderson doesn't get the yellow Brazil trunks too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC 200 gets postponed until tomorrow after the janitors can't find the puddles of piss Cain is about to beat out of this tiki turd golem

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Give us a KO of the year candidate Cain

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Did I just see cain velasquez throw a loving wheel kick???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you wheel kick cain

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Early stoppage

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seriously I am flabbergasted. Two beautiful wheelkicks from Cain is the last thing I expected to see tonight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC200's been a top class card already, that was a cherry on the sundae and Aldo vs Edgar is minutes away :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't wait for my boy Frankie Edgar to become unduckable by the coward Conor McGregor

without giving up the belt obvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I bet Browne being beaten to a pulp was sensational in 4k

• Locked thread