Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Oooo color me interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Tabetha, the Cutest Witch

Tabetha is a young witch, considered to be a prodigy. By whom, you ask? By herself, of course! It's not her fault nobody else takes her seriously because she's so cute. It's not her fault she's young for her age! (Whatever THAT means.) Tabetha's a witch of the seventh generation, or so she claims, and her talents are real, though not as impressive as she seems to think. That's why she's coming to school, of course, to learn as much as she can and grow to be the best witch ever. If anyone will take her seriously, at least--and traditional apprenticeship to a witch would place her doing menial tasks beneath her abilities for years! With her equally adorable fox familiar, Rennie, at her side, she's ready to take on any challenge. Provided it's a challenge that can be overcome by being a cute, clever witch, anyway!

Concept: The Cutest Witch
Trouble: Nobody Takes Me Seriously!
Aspect: Rennie, The Cutest Fox Familiar
Aspect: Smarter Than I Look
Aspect: Not Quite the Chosen One

Stunts:

Second Sight: Use Witchery instead of Notice to detect magic
Hex: Once per scene, if you create an advantage through Witchery, get an extra free invoke that can only be used to hinder the target
TBD: tbd

Skills:

Witchery +4
Lore, Will +3
Investigate, Notice, Craft +2
Athletics, Empathy, Rapport, Deceive +1

Refresh 3

Stress:
Physical OO
Mental OOOO

MollyMetroid fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 16, 2016

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

HiKaizer posted:

Tabetha

Where does Tabetha come from and what was home like, aside from insufferably unable to recognise her greatness?

Sheet checks out aside from the last Stunt needing to be finished, and your stress tracks. But we'd worked out a lot of stuff already anyway.

What was Tabetha's home life like?
Ugh.

Not that it matters, but of course Tabetha comes from a long line of witches and other magic users. She's seventh generation, right? But she's got a nemesis back home. Someone she can't beat, not without schooling and maybe a bit of help from friends. Someone who has ensorcelled her parents and relatives into ignoring Tabetha.

Let me tell you about the dreaded LITTLE BROTHER.
He's soooooo clever! He's soooooo talented! He's sooooooo destined to be a powerful wizard! Look, he wants his toy!

UGH.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

HiKaizer posted:

Tabetha

Ah a witch. A different branch of magic to mine in many respects.
Is that a problem?
Of course not. I know about all forms of magic.
Witchery is different to arcana because it is requesting the aid of spirits and fates.
Arcana directly commands and manipulates, so witchery is more about magical negotiation.
Oh I see. I had heard some people distrust witches.
That's because they don't understand it. People distrust mages and other magic practitioners as well.
Have you met a spirit or a fate before, Tabetha?
Is your familiar house trained?
Familiars can run the gamut of being barely more than a clever, albeit magical animal, to being smarter than a person.
Is that a problem for the Tomata?
Depends on how her familiar reacts to other magical beings, and simulated minds.

Of course I've met a spirit before. Lots of times! That doesn't mean they listen to me all the time, though. They don't really take me seriously any more than anyone else. I mean, even you don't take me seriously! Is Rennie house trained, you ask me. Rennie is very smart. He just only talks so I can hear it. I won't repeat what he said when you asked that. It was...pretty rude.

People don't seem to distrust me, anyway, so much as they just...don't really notice me, or talk down to me. One lady offered me a sweet for looking so cute in my witch costume! Um, I took it, because she was nice about it, but still!

• Locked thread