Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Usami is such an expressive and likable character. Every week I surprise myself by enjoying this show more than I think I do.

At 3 skits(based on other 4koma like SYD and Umaru, I assume each skit is a chapter?) per episode, will the show catch up to/outpace the scanlated comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I found it interesting that both this and Momokuri mentioned a particular drink, banana au lait.

It's absolutely coincidental, since the latter finished being webcast 6 months ago, but interesting nonetheless.

Also, it sounds delicious.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I was disappointed that Usami didn't draw a migratory school of apples, but besides that this was a great episode.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I wonder what, if anything, it indicates that the biggest-named voice actor (Nao Touyama) in the show is playing Imari? It seems like an odd way to budget.

I really like the new character, but I'm hopeful that there aren't any other major characters added. I'm looking forward to seeing the disjointed interactions between our existing cast for another 6 episodes. More stuff like the clay head skit, please.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Usami's fantasy was great. In a house with apple paintings on every wall, her husband comes home wearing an apple tie.

One of the paintings was a really weird Shokugeki no Soma reference as well:

There were also several times they focused on the fine hand movements of several of the characters, reminiscent of that famous Oregairu Zoku scene, but I don't know if that was the intent.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 19, 2016

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
The ribbon girl is rapidly becoming my favorite character. Every time she pops up is comedy gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Sweet ending to a sweet show. I was hoping for some resolution, but they pointed out they're in middle school, so hardly in a position to be making life plans, and I never really expected any sort of resolution. Plus, it's clear that Usami is gradually training him towards a preference for girls like her, so when he gives up on the 2d thing, she'll be in fine position to pounce.

• Locked thread