Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This game looks really fun. I wasn't expecting much of it, but it's winning me over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Ken's Rage 2 makes me upset on an existential level.

Now I have to see it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I saw it happening a lot. Apparently Toki's instant kill makes people experience intense pleasure, and I guess it can manifest in different ways.

I hadn't really been a fan of Fist of the North Star, but this abridged introduction is actually getting me invested in the lives of these dysfunctional brothers somehow.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Green Intern posted:

It's not explained in the game (I think?), but Jagi wears that helmet because he and Ken already fought a while back. Ken kicked Jagi's rear end and disfigured his face, and Jagi uses the helmet plus some metal braces to literally keep his head from exploding after that encounter due to Ken's techniques.

The visual to go with that:

You know that's gotta be a wicked headache 24/7.

I like Jagi's visual design, especially in the helmet. He's like a cross between Mad Max and Lord Humongous plus some other elements. Most other characters in this series just look like generic barbarians or medieval cosplay enthusiasts with a dash of biker thrown in.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 22, 2016

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Or maybe they're all normal sized and the apocalypse is full of midgets?

Like Kenshiro is Tom Cruiser short.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

ProfessorProf posted:

My favorite thing about the FOTNS setting in general is that the world was nuked into the punchmans apocalypse like a decade or so back, but everyone is practicing these ancient martial arts passed down for centuries. The implication is that all these people were training ther over-the-top murder techniques in normal modern Earth, then when society suddenly collapses into a might-makes-right hellscape, they're all like "GOD, FINALLY".

Actually there's a prequel series called Fist of the Blue Sky that takes place in 1930's China, so basically they didn't even wait for society to collapse.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

More punch-man melodrama please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So Kenshiro knew Ryuga from back in the day, but didn't know he was Yuria's brother? Or did he forget because stuff happened that blocked his memories of some things?

• Locked thread