Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
So what are the two mission bonuses you missed on this stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Oh, Mamiya. You could have been a fun character if you weren't being written by 80s shonen manga writers.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
At some point, Ken becomes the weird outlier for not being an over-the-top screaming murder-lunatic.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Kaptain posted:

On the subject of over-the-top screaming murder-lunacy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzG42u15k4

This is the best thing I've ever seen.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
From what I'm gathering, it seems to have deliberately been made wackier to make it more kid-friendly or something.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
This game is basically God Hand, but unironically, and I love it.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
So is Ken-oh so baller that he gets Ai wo Torimodose as his boss theme, or has every boss used it and I just didn't notice until now?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
It's honestly appropriate for the first few stages to have really underwhelming boss fights. It takes like 20 episodes of the anime before Ken is more than vaguely inconvenienced by any of his enemies.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
My favorite thing about the FOTNS setting in general is that the world was nuked into the punchmans apocalypse like a decade or so back, but everyone is practicing these ancient martial arts passed down for centuries. The implication is that all these people were training ther over-the-top murder techniques in normal modern Earth, then when society suddenly collapses into a might-makes-right hellscape, they're all like "GOD, FINALLY".

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
I remember the whole arc on the side of the pyramid being one of my favorite parts of the anime. The melodrama is so perfectly ham-fisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Thanks for this slice of punchman nostalgia and intro to what looks like a surprisingly solid game!

• Locked thread