Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I bet walmart is pretty reich about it but for every customer i noticed walking out the door in my retail job my co workers basically stole hundreds or thousands of percent more in straight up cash and not an individial chip bag sold by the box of boxes we ordered in bulk

Edit: management was aware and didnt give a gently caress lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

At some point if the police themselves thought they were being jerked around they'd probably tell the store to cut it out, too.

Need I remind you that Walmart sells donuts?

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

radiatinglines posted:

Need I remind you that Walmart sells donuts?

2edgy4me

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Moridin, if only you could convert your garbage opinions and rate of posting into some sort of gainful employment you could of afforded that 2k tooth no problem. Or get dental.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if each visit is a dozen donuts, that's like 480 donuts a day

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Really it depends on what is reasonable, which pretty much means 'well what are other big box stores doing?' If WalMart is the only one calling out the cops to chase drunks away and other petty poo poo like that then yeah they're clearly wasting tax money.

yeah that's kinda one of the major points of the article I linked, that Target stores don't call the cops nearly as much as Walmarts do even when they are across the street from each other.

because Target has security guards like any other big business does and doesn't pass what are just basic costs of doing business onto the taxpayer

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

blarzgh posted:

Police have immunity from civil suits, generally,

lol whut?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

radiatinglines posted:

in fact if the police visit walmart at the frequency of a quartz crystal, 32,768 Hz, they'll be getting 393216 per second!

that's 33973862400 donuts per day! Wow!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the immunity police carry is with their vehicles at most. Which is why rookies drive like poo poo and bust up city property/road works, but not against private parties that's pretty lol. cops don't like chargers because the equipment made it too tight for more 'rounded' officers to work.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Mortimer posted:

in fact if the police visit walmart at the frequency of a quartz crystal, 32,768 Hz, they'll be getting 393216 per second!

that's 33973862400 donuts per day! Wow!

:wow:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Cop Facts™, brought to you by Mortimer

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

Moridin, if only you could convert your garbage opinions and rate of posting into some sort of gainful employment you could of afforded that 2k tooth no problem. Or get dental.

I could afford it, I'm just amazed that the costs are so high.

Dental insurance is garbage have you seen the terms? Fat deductibles, low 'max out' level, ugh. After you consider the cash discount most dentists will give you (usually at least 10% but I've gotten 20-25% off) it's just not even worth it.

I mean if you're expecting to have a lot of work done sure maybe.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 13, 2016

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Dental insurance is garbage have you seen the terms? Fat deductibles, low 'max out' level, ugh. After you consider the cash discount most dentists will give you (usually at least 10% but I've gotten 20-25% off) it's just not even worth it.

when I had fakeass "dental insurance" it required me to use specific dentists that were so expensive that I was better off just going to an off-plan dentist and paying out of pocket

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I refuse to brush my teeth before going to the dentist. I don't clean my apartment before my cleaning lady comes, so why should I do a half assed job when I'm about to pay someone to professionally clean my teeth and tell me I'm not doing a good job anywyas? Earn that deductible you mouth janitor.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

One of this thread's goons?
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/07/12/white-woman-walks-in-black-neighborhood-im-sorry-black-america/

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

SA is making me grumpy of late. So I decided I would take a break this evening and watch some Monty Python. What say you, GBS? Life of Brian or Holy Grail?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
super troopers

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I noticed she left her purse at home. Ha.

Cartouche posted:

SA is making me grumpy of late. So I decided I would take a break this evening and watch some Monty Python. What say you, GBS? Life of Brian or Holy Grail?

The Meaning of Life

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Meaning of Life

MoL is decent, but if I want to watch a group of skits I would just break out Flying Circus. Feel like something with a smooth story.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

I will agree with you completely here.

I have a family of 5 and we pay around 800 dollars a year for minimum coverage.

So far the only thing any of us have done at the dentist for the last 10 years is get cleanings every year. That's 70 dollars per cleaning 350 bucks a year. I've been talking to my wife and we're probably going to drop dental because we actually have the funds to cover braces for my one child who's going to need them in 7 years or so.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Its sometimes called "qualified immunity" and it protects cops from civil suits for things like punching, arresting, shooting, restraining people etc., all of which would be actionable civil claims amongst private individuals, if they do these things while acting in the line of duty.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

You can still sue the city itself for the officer's actions right?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

You can still sue the city itself for the officer's actions right?

Yes but the taxpayer still ends up paying for things like a wrongful death payout.

All muni PDs have insurance programs to cover the above situation.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Its complicated, but if its wrongful conduct, then yes, either the city, or the cop individually.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

radiatinglines posted:

Still cheaper than security guards I guess

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

This thread is better than the other thread.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my woman wanted more than a man could steal
from the bottom of the decks where I learned to deal
and it got me

living on the ruuuunnnn

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lol at all the peaceful protesters in Saint Paul and Baton Rouge getting arrested.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_5c2727f2-49f9-11e6-b05c-8f5b45d35b0a.html

cops apparently dragged this guy into the street to beat on him

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
3 cops dead in Baton Rouge

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
unconfirmed tho

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

...and of course there's no video of what happened before he's on the ground

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

e. Wrong thread

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 17, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EX250 Type R posted:

unconfirmed tho

Confirmed
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/index.html

Suspect dead, possibly two more. He was wearing a mask.

E: mm, didn't see the OTHER cop shot dead thread. We should just have one mega to avoid confusion!

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 17, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

haha good ole boys gotta get their revenge in cuz dis is da SOUTH BOY

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EugeneJ posted:

...and of course there's no video of what happened before he's on the ground

well dang now we have to assume the police were scared he was getting dehydrated and were just trying to give the poor guy a bottle of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Black people should form small groups of armed men in order to control neighborhoods

this is not getting enough love

• Locked thread