Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
🔫

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
People should not shoot police officers, imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/CarrTamicbs11/status/751248745358979072

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hearing a female suspect was taken into custody

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

GrimGypsy posted:

Hearing a female suspect was taken into custody

That's apparently from a white SUV that tried to drive past police barricades. Not sure yet if she's related to the shooter.

Him
Oct 9, 2015
Pretty much this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/MikeDoocyFox4/status/751249975993065477

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BREAKING: I'm gay

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I work a few blocks from where this is all going down. Local news is saying some guy with an ar15 in survivalist gear drove in, and then in the very next breath trying to heavily imply that the protest is to blame. Interviewing some random guy on the street and in the middle of a loving active shooting trying to prod him into answering "how the protest could have caused this".

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
sorry cant have sympathy for ppl who willingly and knowingly joined up with the oppressive arm of the state because they wanted to opress

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

MSNBC: Shooter cornered, speaking w/ negotiator

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

THE PWNER posted:

sorry cant have sympathy for ppl who willingly and knowingly joined up with the oppressive arm of the state because they wanted to opress

Is this directed towards the police or BLM?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

THE PWNER posted:

heh youll be changing your tune when you need the police to save your bacon

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I was honestly hoping all of these shootings would end with the de-militarization of police and with a change in how they are trained (no more military style training and anti-terror training). But poo poo like this just gives them an excuse to militarize even more and will end with the deaths of more innocent people.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Can you imagine if this guy is dumb enough to surrender after getting some kills? I'd take the bullets, thanks.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Blazing Zero posted:

heh youll be changing your tune when you need the police to save your bacon

they'll save my bacon anyway and probably summarily execute the guy they were saving me from lol

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Negotiator: "Haha nooooo of course not, I promise, if you come out with your hands up now the whole force won't bring you down into a basement and take turns bulldogging you into mush for several days."

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Pawn 17 posted:

I was honestly hoping all of these shootings would end with the de-militarization of police and with a change in how they are trained (no more military style training and anti-terror training). But poo poo like this just gives them an excuse to militarize even more and will end with the deaths of more innocent people.

You are 30 years too late.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What's the point of talking to a negotiator? You want to find out how will you be tortured later?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Guess who is going to get the death penalty

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Guess who is going to get the death penalty

innocent black people?

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
dude decided tonight is the night to let off goddamn

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Gyges posted:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Please be a white militia nut trying to start a race war.

Please.

Seems like the more likely thing at the moment, but crazy assholes come in all shapes and sizes.

d&d doing what d&d does

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

whatever7 posted:

What's the point of talking to a negotiator?

Gotta bait the trap

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

People should not shoot police officers, imo

On the other hand cops shouldn't keep shooting black people impunity and little to no consequences so I mean I have no point besides I mean the cops are killing a loving lot of innocent black people vs innocent cops so maybe this conversation should have more nuance.

:lol: nevermind, Blue Lives Matter, this will dominate the media narrative for the next few weeks.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Lord Binky posted:

d&d doing what d&d does

Two lone wolf white militia nuts. They need to catch up.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

whatever7 posted:

What's the point of talking to a negotiator? You want to find out how will you be tortured later?

free pizza

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does anyone know what gun that is?

Hard to tell really, you are getting a lot of echo off of those buildings. But if I had to guess, it sounds like a higher caliber rifle, maybe in the .308 range. That's a pretty deep boom for it to be a standard .223 rifle.

This is just going to cause all kinds of poo poo to happen. More itchy trigger finger cops and all kinds of woe is me, true blue rallying amongst the police. A shame because this will set back any attention that was being paid to the problems and issues that precipitated this event.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i cant wait to see all the idiots in my city putting blue tape across their lovely car's back glass

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
go team white!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

jfood posted:

Gotta bait the trap

The police need to at least remain consistent in their escalation of situations and just nuke the building.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/DrGMLaTulippe/status/751248090930114561

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad of it

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Furious Mittens posted:

This is just going to cause all kinds of poo poo to happen. More itchy trigger finger cops and all kinds of woe is me, true blue rallying amongst the police. A shame because this will set back any attention that was being paid to the problems and issues that precipitated this event.
It can't get any worse, unless you are white and can't look away from the internet. Just like close your eyes

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

and then the cops launched their false flag attack

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Furious Mittens posted:

Hard to tell really, you are getting a lot of echo off of those buildings. But if I had to guess, it sounds like a higher caliber rifle, maybe in the .308 range. That's a pretty deep boom for it to be a standard .223 rifle.

lol you can't tell what it is by the sound sorry

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Three Olives posted:

On the other hand cops shouldn't keep shooting black people impunity and little to no consequences so I mean I have no point besides I mean the cops are killing a loving lot of innocent black people vs innocent cops so maybe this conversation should have more nuance.

:lol: nevermind, Blue Lives Matter, this will dominate the media narrative for the next few weeks.

Don't let a few bad apples spoil the barrel

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Lord Binky posted:

and then the cops launched their false flag attack

six deaths for full militarization? its for the greater good

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ItBurns posted:

lol you can't tell what it is by the sound sorry

it's a ak-47 duh