Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I emerged from my hole to go "out and about" town to catch some of my favorite nintendo monsters.

i caught some duplicates to breed later. :mmmsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This game is going to end up indirectly killing hundreds if not thousands of people.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
the local Mormon church is a gym. i must defeat it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm gonna catch a pikachu.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Warning: Pokemon GO is a Death Sentence if you are a Black Man.

quote:

I spent less than 20 minutes outside. Five of those minutes were spent enjoying the game. One of those minutes I spent trying to look as pleasant and nonthreatening as possible as I walked past a somewhat visibly disturbed white woman on her way to the bus stop. I spent the other 14 minutes being distracted from the game by thoughts of the countless Black Men who have had the police called on them because they looked “suspicious” or wondering what a second amendment exercising individual might do if I walked past their window a 3rd or 4th time in search of a Jigglypuff.
When my brain started combining the complexity of being Black in America with the real world proposal of wandering and exploration that is designed into the gamplay of Pokemon GO, there was only one conclusion. I might die if I keep playing.
The breakdown is simple:
There is a statistically disproportionate chance that someone could call the police to investigate me for walking around in circles in the complex.
There is a statistically disproportionate chance that I would be approached by law enforcement with fear or aggression, even when no laws have been broken.
There is a statistically disproportionate chance that I will be shot while reaching for my identification that I always keep in my back right pocket.
There is a statistically disproportionate chance that more shots will be fired and I will be dead before any medical assistance is available.
The premise of Pokemon GO asks me to put my life in danger if I chose to play it as it is intended and with enthusiasm. Let’s just go ahead and add Pokemon GO to the extremely long list of things white people can do without fear of being killed, while Black people have to realistically be wary.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Within its first two days of release, Pokémon GO has caused safety concerns among players. On launch day, a Northern Territory police station in Australia reminded players that they do not need to enter the Darwin Police Station in order to catch a Sandshrew, and also to "look up, away from your phone and both ways before crossing the street."

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
how come your Tayne is the only one you gave a nickname too

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
how do i catch the pokemon

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
where do you get all that cp from

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

pr0p posted:

where do you get all that cp from

:siren: :siren:

loving reported

:siren: :siren:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Mega64 posted:

This game is going to end up indirectly killing hundreds if not thousands of people.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Pokemon are a lie

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
I cant wait for ppl to start real fights over this poo poo

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Trade you a Celery Man for that Paul.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This thread title is majestic and I like it.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Shiny Rogen for Rudd

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a61123/19-year-old-finds-body-pokemon-go/

uh oh!

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
looking for a nude seth.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
The mental health clinic near me is a pokestop

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Pocket Monsters can gaze back. Hail Hydra.

I'll trade for a Shiny Paul.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Enfield posted:

You gotta catch 'em all!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Enfield posted:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i bet itd be kinda cool to find a dead body by the river, in a stand by me way

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I can only walk around my work building holding my phone up so many times before I get pulled into the office and questioned

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
CHICAGO – 17 Year-old Marcus Jackson was stabbed and mugged for his iPhone after allegedly playing “Pokemon Go” a new app released by the franchise on July 6.

Police say Jackson was just walking around playing “Pokemon Go” and didn’t realize he had stepped into what is know as a bad neighborhood. A local store owner said he saw Marcus Jackson was stabbed and his belongings stolen right after recording the incident he immediately called the Chicago police department.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Why didnt they just battle their pokemon instead? Seems rude

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lime Tonics posted:

CHICAGO – 17 Year-old Marcus Jackson was stabbed and mugged for his iPhone after allegedly playing “Pokemon Go” a new app released by the franchise on July 6.

Police say Jackson was just walking around playing “Pokemon Go” and didn’t realize he had stepped into what is know as a bad neighborhood. A local store owner said he saw Marcus Jackson was stabbed and his belongings stolen right after recording the incident he immediately called the Chicago police department.

link?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-go-claims-its-first-victim.454800246/

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I caught a cubone
can you pet your pokes like in the ds games? that was the best part, was, petting them.

the app crashed when i tried to spin the thing in front of the thai restaurant and wouldn't re-open, so I went back to listening to the james urbaniak podcast (the one about the railroad is really good).

also, the twitter hashtag for this looks like "poke mongo." there's probably a pretty good blazing saddles reference in there but somebody else probably got there first, twitter joking is a cutthroat culture.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Op is a bit of a Clefairy if you catch my drift

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Charizard is reall and hes American

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

im going to catch them all

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Pokemon is dog fighting for children that's why I named my guy Mike Vick.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
So this is why my coworkers stopped playing overwatch

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
hmm not sure if i should hysterically demand for this thing to be banned, or wait to cry about the pussification of america when it does

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

AugmentedVision posted:

hmm not sure if i should hysterically demand for this thing to be banned, or wait to cry about the pussification of america when it does

you just know a bunch of dumb children are going to walk out into traffic staring at their phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

you just know a bunch of dumb children are going to walk out into traffic staring at their phones.

let's be real. there will be adults too

• Locked thread