Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Waroduce posted:

more about this please

i hope its an old stinger we didnt buy back

https://citeam.org/ruaf-mil-mi-35-hind-e-down/

Some people on the internet claims the shot-down was friendly fire, citing the lack of smoke trail from a MANPAD and no IS video of the launch. Their theory is that both choppers was firing unguided rockets, and the rear chopper hit the first one in the rear end.
If so, that would be amazingly bad coordination and discipline. Soldiers though :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Waroduce posted:

Havent read thread so excuse me if its been posted but Dallas shooter learned his poo poo at a private self-defense course

Was wondering when this would be the case. You can't throw a rock in Texas without hitting a 'tactical instruction' place where mostly bored white people go play dress up. Guess he got his money's worth.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Warning: mouseover to see dead terrorist
:nws: :nws:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeesh. Face full of C4 makes for a bad day.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I guess you could call this a ringing endorsement for Magpul's products.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
With so many third world countries offering terrorist training its good to see he supported the local economy and bought locally.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

From an American volunteer fighting with the Kurds near Mosul.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

What are the two small explosions behind the tail rotor? Was it possible it was hit by AA fire?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

psydude posted:

What are the two small explosions behind the tail rotor? Was it possible it was hit by AA fire?

Russian flares lovely flares

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Teflon Don posted:

Warning: mouseover to see dead terrorist

Is that the Dallas dude?

Draxd them sklounst.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Is that the Dallas dude?

Draxd them sklounst.

Yeah I think so. Odd, I figured he would use an ar15 type. I wonder if the AK style weapon was a political statement.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

Yeah I think so. Odd, I figured he would use an ar15 type. I wonder if the AK style weapon was a political statement.

Just cheaper. SKS. And I'm kind of surprised at the condition his body is in. I expected a bigger mess.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Did they bring half the building down on him? I thought those bomb squad "defusing" charges were smaller, shaped charges designed to keep a device from exploding properly at its intended yield.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Haha. So a lot of articles heard that he was using a "sks rifle" and then went to google, found the first wiki page link, and wrote the article as if he was using this.

They even went so far to explain that this had a weird clip and could only handle 10 rounds or some poo poo like the old russian WWII one.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
thats not an sks, thats a vepr with a bunch of mods

i guess i should expand that. the vepr is a newer sporterized ak made by a russian firm for sale in america

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thats not an sks, thats a vepr with a bunch of mods

i guess i should expand that. the vepr is a newer sporterized ak made by a russian firm for sale in america

I thought it was a saiga retread of the AK designed to take a lot of western mods

I honestly don't know anything about russian guns

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

I thought it was a saiga retread of the AK designed to take a lot of western mods

I honestly don't know anything about russian guns

if you pull the trigger, some times they shoot

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

sounds about right, i kinda stopped caring about guns a couple years ago so im not sure on the particulars

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
i was gonna say thats def some ak variant. an sks receiver would be a milled, not stamped/pressed.

no amount of dressup cool guy poo poo turns an sks into what that guy had.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
the receiver is clearly some sort of AK, the fore-end/handguard marks it pretty clearly as a "civilianized" AK, either a vepr or a saiga

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

i was gonna say thats def some ak variant. an sks receiver would be a milled, not stamped/pressed.

no amount of dressup cool guy poo poo turns an sks into what that guy had.

AKs can be had with milled receivers, but they're a bit of a niche thing.

Also yeah that forend is decidedly VEPR. Pretty far from a fixed mag SKS.

Kinda surprised there's that much debris on the dude, guess I wasn't expecting much more than a shitload of concrete dust but that looks more like a whole floor fell on him.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Fair enough. It's been so long since I shot or owned a Russian gun that they're all basically AK's to me unless someone tells me otherwise.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I gave the image to a gun nerd.

He is thinking it is a saiga because of the pin placements. The pistol grip is a mod that he has done before and is apparently annoying to do.

magazine is one of these
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/tapco-intrafuse-ak-47-magazine-762x39mm-30-rounds-composite-black-mag0630-black-751348005218.do

pistol grip mod, close to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxoNHA9nPT8

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 11, 2016

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gizmojumpjet posted:

Good news! Everyone can relax; the robot they used to ice the Dallas shooter is still functional.

Long live the Kill-bot!

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The UK will have a new Prime Minister on Wednesday. Theresa May, the ex Home secretary, will be replacing Cameron as no one else want's the job.

She's going to have an extremely tough time trying to placate the pro-Brexit camp now.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The UK will have a new Prime Minister on Wednesday. Theresa May, the ex Home secretary, will be replacing Cameron as no one else want's the job.

She's going to have an extremely tough time trying to placate the pro-Brexit camp now.

I said to someone that Davey must be feeling so relieved now and then I saw this

https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/752531316755881984

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Carter says were deploying 560 more troops to iraq

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

This sounds like the secretary of education from battle star galactica

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cameron later heard to be singing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Reverand maynard posted:

This sounds like the secretary of education from battle star galactica

She is currently updating a white board with the number of people still alive.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Waroduce posted:

troop cap of 4,647 in Iraq...FML limit of 8,400 by the end of the year in Afghanistan...I give it until the end of 2017 before we've flip-flopped troop numbers (again) and we're back to having more forces in Iraq than Afghanistan

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
christ weve been at this for 15 years there cant be that many browns left?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Hillary says you need a surge, and not the sort of surge that Bill gets every time a new female staffer walks in to his house.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm curious to see what initiatives Bill will head up as First Husband. Does he have a pet charity/cause?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm curious to see what initiatives Bill will head up as First Husband. Does he have a pet charity/cause?

Safe sax

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Red Crown posted:

DPRK News Service has shut down :smith:

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/750737086609780736

This has been a lovely, lovely week. I'm hoping @dog_rates isn't next.

:smith:

Someone needs to fill the void.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Waroduce posted:

They're mobilizing a lot of reserve and national guard units for this. I know at least two people who will be heading over within the next few . months.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

I bet Bill gets a seat on an economic panel or something. He isn't just going to be first husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

They're mobilizing a lot of reserve and national guard units for this. I know at least two people who will be heading over within the next few . months.

Oh it's good to be out

• Locked thread