Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The penguins are out and about this morning! And since the park is open today you can expect regular feeding times at 1 PM and 4 PM eastern!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would encourage all folks who in the office today to keep a penguin cam tab open, it's quite helpful in counteracting workplace stress.

They are actually feeding them right now!

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
what is this? some kind of rock zoo?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Some woman just looked in and angrily threw her arms up in the air, I think she was upset there were no visible penguins.

And just ray, they can sense when evil doers are trying to watch and they get out of the camera view.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
these penguins are making me thirsty!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I spy a penguin hiding behind the tube

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's feeding time friends!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

It's feeding time friends!

Amazing, it's feeding time for me as well!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Amazing, it's feeding time for me as well!

You might be a penguin! Do you find yourself craving fish and discovering that you can swim much faster than you can walk?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
No penguins for me. Hopefully they were not eaten by a seal.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Zoos are animal prisons, OP

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Oh good, there is at least one survivor.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

AugmentedVision posted:

Zoos are animal prisons, OP

I don't much like zoos, but african penguins are at danger of going extinct due to various human factors, so I don't have a problem with zoos keeping populations of them.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The penguins were fascinated by squeegees a few minutes ago

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Do penguins tatse good?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Do penguins tatse good?

We've been over this in the thread earlier, but no, unless you are a seal, penguins do not taste very good.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What do they smell like?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What do they smell like?

Mostly like penguin poo poo since they poop about every 15 minutes and it gets everywhere.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Feeding time!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Something amusing happened this evening.

Usually when an aviary person walks in the penguins all run towards them, because the people usually have food, plus the penguins are just curious.

But this evening a lady I've never seen before walked in and as soon as any of the penguins saw her they ran away. She was able to grab three of them at different times and each one struggled mightily, squirming around and trying to escape, which they usually don't do.

I think maybe this woman was the doctor or something and they associate her with unpleasant experiences like shots or something. It was just funny, they obviously wanted no part of this lady.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Probably they just know that she likes to play hide and seek.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
omg all the penguins are dead

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I see five penguins hector

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I kept my Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail Scratch and Sniff card for this moment.

Thanks OP.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

I see five penguins hector

Wishful thinking on my part

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Wishful thinking on my part

It's feeding time for the penguins hector

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I just ate too :)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This is weird as hell, watching people pop up in that cylinder and then disappear.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

This is weird as hell, watching people pop up in that cylinder and then disappear.

One time someone was in the tube and a penguin saw them, turned around, and poo poo on the tube.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

OctoberBlues posted:

One time someone was in the tube and a penguin saw them, turned around, and poo poo on the tube.

:hellyeah:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Feeding time in less than ten minutes, watch the penguins chow down.

They are already starting to gather, they know it is soon time!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think the penguins are playing hide and seek. :unsmith:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Based on these African penguins, I conclude that the Antarctic reeks of bird guano.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yes, any place that has penguins is covered in penguin poo poo. Unfortunately dipshit humans steal the guano, which penguins normally use for their nests, which is one of the reasons the poor african penguin is endangered.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Poo thieves

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Birds are being fed

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

They were cleaning the penguin area this morning and someone set down some cleaning supplies on a rock. As you can see here, our juvenile penguin friend hopped up there and tried to steal them.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Let's see what the penguins are up to!

We've got one up on top of the rock checking things out and another sleeping right above the tube.

Crazy birds.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm not really sure what this guy was doing but he seemed unaware that this penguin was trying to steal his walkie talkie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Today at the National Aviary...

A naughty little penguin gets ahold of the squeegee and the worker has to play tug of war to get it back

But don't worry, they worked it out and they're buddies now

• Locked thread