Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Stephen Russell isn't even trying to hide the Garrett voice. It's total and utter pandering to Thief fans and it's working!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

CJacobs posted:

You can also stand around and hop back and forth between the guys and they will get progressively more annoyed at you. Naturally, I did it for as long as possible

A real great piece of reactivity would be if you stood there long enough you would be included in the portrait as well.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Preload is up. 32GB download on Steam.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

The Karnaca guards are the biggest bunch of Bennies to ever taff about since 2004.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

This is a cool creepy song and when it pops up in the final mission I got a genuine chill. It helps that it sounds like it was song by Terri (voice of Shodan and Thief's Victoria) Brosius who also voices a few witches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be4xSJQeVKQ

Beat it. Game owns, art owns, atmosphere owns, Emily owns, Corvo will probably own and I've yet to even play it with outsider powers or in high chaos. I'd happily play a full game that just used the time travel gimmick from A Crack in a Slab. I think I've even gotten a new all-time favourite stealth game moment of power in the final mission slipping unseen under a table occupied by a trio of witches in order to reach the Overseer chapel

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

There is one annoying no-lethal run bug in The Conservatory level. When you carry out the non-lethal solution it will kill the witches in the courtyard ambush.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I just did the Conservatory a few hours ago, did the non-lethal solution and the stats screen after I completed the level said no deaths :shrug:

I think it happens if they are already unconscious. I had a save from before and after I pulled the lever to confirm it.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Digirat posted:

If you refuse your powers can you still use bone charms or upgrade those non-power skills at the bottom like blocking bullets with your sword

You can still use bone charms. You can't craft them as far as I can see. Picking up runes gives you cash instead.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

There's one standing on top of a statue that falls down and dies if you sleep dart her. I went back and did the non-lethal solution, and they were all knocked out but fine. It's all a but wonky right now.

Hmm. Interesting. Fairly certain the only two witches I didn't knock out and put in a big pile were the two lazing around at the base of the big display in the main hall. They seemed so content and happy with life that I didn't want to interrupt them. When I went back to the courtyard the two witches I had placed in the dumpster were dead. Only one death counted against me maybe I'm missed something. Doesn't matter now. They'll all be dead the next time I play...

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

So I'm about to start mission 5 and I'm doing ghost/non-lethal.

My normal MO is to hug all the things, but I guess there's a bug? What's the deal here? Do I need to leave all the witches in the level active until I do the thing?

There are two witches in an area off one of the city streets. Don't knock them out.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Artemis Stilton question:
I tranqed him in the past in order to change his future. Now I'm back in the present so I can kill him there. Where does he appear in the new present?

Edit: Never mind. He's on a boat.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 19, 2016

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Just got Shadow Walk and I've now turned Addermire in to a slasher-flick where I stalk and pick off the guards one by one.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Wasn't the game originally going to be set in Tyvia? Seem to remember a rumour about the game being subtitled Shadows of Tyvia.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Ha! Of course the Spirit Water bonecharm works with beer taps as well.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

black.lion posted:

Dust City creeping through the Overseer station and seeing one dude laid out in medical and his friend telling him it's gonna be okay and comforting him before putting a sword in his chest and being real sad. Had me do a big cry. I killed the dude so he could hang w his mate. This game.

You should have Domino'ed them.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Knocking out Paulo is the best.

You get attacked by Granny Rag's mummified hand!

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Fun way to kill the duke. Domino him with his double and kill the double with a spring razor.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Well I know what ending I'm going for on my next playthrough. :eyepop:

It's even better than that. He still wears the mask!

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

On the last mission if you quickly run up to where the microphone is you can find the witch actually singing the nursery rhyme.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

black.lion posted:

Is the bug where knocked out witches die if you nonlethal the observatory lady still around? I'm at that point in my ghost nonlethal play through and I don't want to choke out twenty witches if its gonna kill them.

e: something something oraculum - i'm bad at remembering names of characters and items in this game.

It's fixed.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Turns out they're actually just recordings, ain't nobody got time to observe every adventurer in their home.

We're talking about a guy who recorded a robot error message for when one of them finds his own body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

The ending cinematics kind of imply that she's going off to track down Rowdy Daudy.

• Locked thread