Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Goddamn Blink Assault looks like fantastic fun. As does Emily's Yo-Yo grab. Getting serious Mass Effect biotic fuckery vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
FUUUCK I just realized Emily is able to Domino link these poor motherfuckers to her own Doppleganger.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I shot samuel straight in the face on my first run after he started scolding me the first time I played. Ended up having to swim to the last mission.

I did the same thing after he shot a flare to warn the guards and I was trying my best not to kill everyone but still ended up high chaos as I wasn't save scumming or anything.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Just finished up Dishonored and the Daud DLC campaigns in time for Dishonored 2. Man, the DLC is so much better than the main game that it's kind of crazy. Much better and more fun Blink power, more lethal and non-lethal options, some better level design, the final mission was really kind of trippy and captured the oil painting aesthetic perfectly and Daud was actually a really compelling character. I kind of wish the protagonists of Dishonored 2 were Emily and Daud instead of Emily and Corvo as it would create a pretty interesting dynamic between the two given that Daud murdered her mother but saved her as a child and Daud will have faced Delilah before. At the very least, I hope he gets a mention or maybe another DLC campaign for Dishonored 2.

Totally agree, one can only hope that the leap to Dish2 is as big or greater than the leap from Dish1 to the Daud DLC. I'm also hoping that Corvo being a voiced protagonist gives him a characterization as good as Daud's, as a think the silent protagonist choice hurt that in the main campaign.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
My dude lookin like heroin chic Karl Marx.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Just finished my first run of Dish2 as Emily and fell in love with her powerset by the end of it. Mesmerize and fully upgraded stun mines. And hardened bolts to take the heads off clockworks, that was a good tip. I got through the final fight by laying several stun mines and blocking enemy projectiles in the wide open. Love those things. Not coincidentally I received "non-lethal assault" ratings for nearly every mission in the game.

Now I'm trying a Rat King Corvo run because I never really used that power in Dish1. It's pretty great so far.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Using Emily and Far Reach's Pull Objects upgrade helps you ghost some encounters and still collect charms and runes as well. Overall, I think Emily is better for ghosting even if Far Reach is easier to spot than Blink, it's range is better than Blink which helps find alternate routes and stay up high in general.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

IMJack posted:

I lucked into a black bone charm that makes me invisible while using Far Reach to move. It wasn't until mission 6 or 7 but it did make the last couple of missions a little more aggressive.

I really like the bone charms in this game.

Yep, I received that one as well in the Conservatory Level, so a bit earlier. If that's equipped it makes Far Reach superior in all regards to Blink in a clean hands/ghost run.

Blink with the time stop upgrade is still superior in quickly getting off 2-4 instant assassinations in a High Chaos run. One of the coolest things to pull off in the game is a blink-assassination-blink-assassination chain and you've killed three people before the first body hits the floor.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
uhhh UHHHH What the gently caress High Chaos Corvo? What the gently caress? This is some dark poo poo.

Anyways, just beat the game as Chaotic Rat King Corvo. Concentrating on swarm charms meant I could pretty much walk through levels at the end. Rat Swarms could take down four enemies immediately with ease. Bloodfly swarms popping from defeated enemies would distract the next enemy, leaving them open to a deathblow, which would spawn more bloodflies to repeat the cycle. It's ridiculously scary, witches ain't poo poo compared to Corvo.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I'd love to see a video of what this looks like.

Here, I recorded some footage of me loving around the Grand Palace dining room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj_n8iRuJk

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Titus Vespasian posted:

I've read walkthroughs saying about the timepiece in Stilton's Manor that they use it, use a crossbow or some other weapon, and then use the timepiece again. But whenever I switch to anything else I don't see how to get the timepiece back again? It's not on the wheel of powers. Playing PC version.

It's on the power wheel next to the heart, it looks kinda like the heart.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I like that all your runes will be un-assigned in New Game+. I wonder if the runes are going to be able to be collected again on each level so you can make some truly godlike character who could rival the Outsider in terms of dark arts. Or just collect all the bonecharms and raw whalebone and craft more runes out of them.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Strong arms x 4 is a thing of beauty now. Strangle, strangle, strangle. erry'day.

Started NG+ with 54 runes. This is my 3rd playthrough now, send help.

Can I get ghost and clean hands by just maxing Mesmerize on the second level and walking through the game?

Achievements still count in NG+ right?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Can you change character on Newgame+ ?

Yep. And both characters have access to the full suite of powers.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The Crown Killer.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Wanderer posted:

There's an article on Glixel right now about the first Dishonored. I had no idea Carrie Fisher was in it, and it's because the character she voiced only shows up if you kill a propaganda officer as you're escaping from prison. She's his replacement who reads the announcements in Dunwall.

It's the most Bethesda thing I've ever heard. Who the hell hires a well-known actress to play a role that an easy 75% of the players will never hear?

The voice casts for both Dishonored games are absolutely insane for how small the roles actually are.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

GotLag posted:

I thought Delilah was pretty interesting. She wants to be loved but has an completely broken idea of how to achieve this.

Growing up in the palace, too young to understand why her father the emperor is fobbing her off (and taking the first opportunity to be rid of her), is thrown out on the streets to watch her mother die of poverty, and has to whore herself to patrons like Sokolov to survive. She is understandably jealous of Jessamine but fails to understand why Jessamine was popular because she only remembers Jessamine as the spoilt brat who dropped her in the poo poo, so she thinks that just by taking Jessamine's throne she'll take her popularity as well. So when she does get the throne but doesn't get the love, it all tastes of ashes and she lashes out before embarking on her project to "fix" the world. In summary, all of the power and none of the wisdom. Definitely a good idea to have given her the mark, Outsider! :bravo:

The Outsider doesn't care about the empire or the Kaldwin line, just amusing himself. This is the dude who gave his mark to a killer for hire, and other unsavory individuals to sow chaos so he had something fun to watch. Of course, he didn't realize Delilah was so resourceful as to locate a source of his power as she drifted the void for fifteen years and steal even more of his power.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

n4 posted:

In this clip at 1:45 Corvo says to himself "I need to find out why a sword through the heart wasn't enough to kill our new empress Delilah." What is that a reference to / how is that line triggered? I can't think of anything I saw in my 3 playthroughs that would've triggered that.

Corvo stabs Delilah in the heart in the opening scene. She pulls it out of her chest after imprisoning Corvo.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I wonder if you're playing as Billie or if you can choose between Billie and Daud just like the Emily/Corvo choice.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Displace sounds cool, and also sounds like it means you'll actually have to go everywhere; no instant-zip move.

This is going to make the agility upgrades very useful for sure, plus all kinds of displace centered puzzles I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Clockwork mansion rescue style maybe

Can't wait for the video where somebody places their Displace recall point at the beginning of the level, stalks through the level in 10 minutes in perfect stealth before chucking an unconscious Daud out a ten story window before finally Displacing to the recall point you forgot about to catch him.

• Locked thread