Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zyste
Jan 8, 2002

"Do you want this back?"

thebardyspoon posted:

So the system specs are out, anyone able to hazard a guess as to how conservative they're being? Like, in the past few years I've learned that both the recommended and minimum specs can vary wildly in how accurate they are. I've had games that I was apparently well below the recommended specs run perfectly on ultra at 60 fps and then I've had stuff like Just Cause 3 just run like poo poo on low even though I was way above the minimum, suppose it's all down to the optimisation and no one will know until release now (unless a youtube superstar has spilled everything already). Just really hoping my PC can run it at some reasonable level, my PS4 is full of games I'm actually playing right now and I don't really want to delete any of them to make space for this.
Hard to say right now. My general experience has been that the minimum specs are overstated on most modern games. (1) Because they don't want people to run it on lower specs and then bitch about how laggy/awful the game is. And (2) there's always a push to get PC gamers to buy newer hardware.

I'm going to try and run it on my current system and see if my Phenom II X6 can still keep up after 4 years. But this might be the game that makes me say goodbye to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread