Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I shot samuel straight in the face on my first run after he started scolding me the first time I played. Ended up having to swim to the last mission.

That's a thing you can do? Neat.

I'd heard about the "high-chaos" last mission where Samuel alerts the entire island, but I guess my high-chaos wasn't high-chaosy enough? He just told me he didn't want to see me again. :(

I did a replay of both the game and DLC, doing them the opposite way that I did them the first time around: High-chaos main-game, low-chaos DLC. The both the main game and DLC definitely feel harder when going for the high chaos approach. Delilah's manor was a cake-walk on low chaos, so fewer bone-puppies.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

3Romeo posted:

Not bad. After DX:MD I was expecting something really loving egregious

There's a 9 GB day-one patch too, but its all in line with other current releases so whatever. :shrug:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

DancingShade posted:

Oh we talking about what it runs well on? I have an old i5 2500k, a 980ti and 16 gigs of RAM. It auto detected everything to very high/ultra at 1440p. I'm not even using current video drivers as they're months old :toot:

i5 3550, 4 GB 970 GTX, 16 gigs of ram.

I got a mix of high/medium. Frame rate seems inconsistent though, definitely seems like it's dipping to 40. Seeing as I can run Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 at consistent 60 FPS on high/ultra, I think Dishonored 2 is poorly optimized. :(

New nvidia drivers (already running the latest) or a patch to fix, I hope.

Someone on Reddit is saying setting prerendered frames to 1 (rather than automatic) in the nvidia control panel is the trick. I'll try that tomorrow.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

So has there been anything said yet about optimization improvements for the PC release?

Bethesda tweeted about a patch + details in a few days, today.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

I wonder if you're playing as Billie or if you can choose between Billie and Daud just like the Emily/Corvo choice.

The way she's prominently featured in the box art, sans Daud, says to me that its just Billie Lurk.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

They have another continent within the game world that could be explored in a future game. It's a snowy region called Tyvia, I think? I imagine that given Corvo/Emily were marked by the Outsider, his death might have consequences for them which could be explored as well, possibly extending beyond a simple loss of powers.

And the whole continent of Pandyssia.

...and Morley.

EDIT: Tried to link a map but imgur has changed. :(

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 14, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm having trouble with the safes in the Bank Vault.

I'm not dumb, I know what the Fibonacci Sequence is. But when I put it in order into the safes, going by the labeling on the safes themselves, they're not opening.

IE. I put "011" into the first safe, I hear an audible click, but it doesn't open like the knife safe does.

Glitch? Or am I missing something?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ladron posted:

you got to put the numbers, in order, including the one with the keys just skip over it like you put the numbers in and continue with the next set on the next one.

edit: does anyone know if playing just a 'mission' will get you a trophy that you missed during that mission?

THANK YOU.

For the record, you won't unlock any chests, unless you unlock ALL of them.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ladron posted:

what happens if you try again?

It won't let you and you get a message along the lines of: "You can only steal a face once".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

What a non-event ending.

I don't expect them to reveal all their cards and what happens to the world with a dead/free Outsider, but at least give us some kind of tantalizing sequel hook!.

I hope we get a sequel. :(

• Locked thread