Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

I'm writing a fanfiction, it's a post-apocalyptic take on Garfield, now a cyborg wastelander programmed to march through radioactive Hell forever toward Abu Dhabi where he hopes to find his family. After Jon and Odie were killed he deleted his memories of them and believes Nermal to be his only tie to the past. Little does he know Mecha-Nermal has conquered Abu Dhabi and built an evil citadel, from the throne of which he plans to conquer this barren planet.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

After discovering that Nermal had kidnapped Jon and Odie and was harvesting their bodies like living batteries he knew that this was his war to fight.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So... no other wasteland allies for mecha-garfield yet? Should there be another villain like that vet but now she's the queen of a bunch of mutants? Mecha-garfield could have to defeat her first. Any factions in mind?

deep dish peat moss

Garfield rescues Odie who has been lobotomized and mutated into a hideous war beast. A brainless engine of death and destruction may be just the weapon Cyberfield needs to breach the walls of this impenetrable cardboard fortress

deep dish peat moss

Yobgoblin posted:

So... no other wasteland allies for mecha-garfield yet? Should there be another villain like that vet but now she's the queen of a bunch of mutants? Mecha-garfield could have to defeat her first. Any factions in mind?

I need to brush up on the source matrial to glean possible factions, good idea!

Piso Mojado

Is there mecha-lasagna?

deep dish peat moss

No mecha-lasagna, but the story begins with a cloaked Garfield pushing his way through a vast sandstorm because he heard rumors that there was a pristine pan of lasagna preserved in a cave in a great mountain. As the story progresses and the full extent of the malevolent Nermal's schemes unfurls before him Garfield learns an important lesson about priorities, some things are even more important than lasagna.

Android Blues

this is the Great Monday, spat Cyberfield...the Monday that lasts ten thousand years

Android Blues

mutants singing a spiritual around a barrel fire "please Tuesday, let it come soon...oh, I believe that Tuesday will be here soon..." Cyberfield looks on in disgust. he knows the stakes

Android Blues

I am a creature of Monday now. I cannot exist without it...

"and perhaps," cackled the mountain witch, "it cannot exist without those such as you, Cyberfield..."

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
may i suggest a heathcliff crossover where the two orange cats begin as enemies but gradually learn that they need each other to survive (eventually heathcliff dies)

Piso Mojado

Android Blues posted:

this is the Great Monday, spat Cyberfield...the Monday that lasts ten thousand years

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Arya crept up on the cat, knowing full and well the huge orange beast was oblivious to her presence. The sounds of it's snores were enough alone to mask any sound of her advance. The cat's tail twitched, had it heard her?

Oswald Barrister was a well loved and respected man, generous and benevolent to all he met. The townsfolk loved him almost as much as his own family, which is exactly why an errant arrow fired from his own beloved son in the training courtyard pierced his eye socket and destroyed the part of his mind that made him who he was. That's what Oswald gets for playing the game of thrones...

Meanwhile, Garfield slept and dreamt, oblivious to the stalking of a boyish-looking young girl. In the dream Odie and Nermal were being burned to the Lord of Light, and Axor Azhai would soon be bringing him the Lasagna That Was Promised

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

deep dish peat moss

It has been 100 Mondays since Infernal Nermal's stranglehold on Abu Dhabi was established. I was with him at first. It started cute, he was a playful dictator, mandating time spent with yarnballs or practicing our purrs. He was a kitten full of national pride, so convinced he was that he could reverse this cataclysm and dig his own sandbox of eden with his darling good looks. But the great nuclear sunbeams change us all, and he grew fat with his time basking in their embrace. His mind twisted and his claws along with it, now little remains beyond a ghoulish feline vessel containing all nine malignant souls. My hope is born in the ashes of his whiskers, my hope is born in the empty pans I've melded to my flesh.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Shakill OReal posted:

It has been 100 Mondays since Infernal Nermal's stranglehold on Abu Dhabi was established. I was with him at first. It started cute, he was a playful dictator, mandating time spent with yarnballs or practicing our purrs. He was a kitten full of national pride, so convinced he was that he could reverse this cataclysm and dig his own sandbox of eden with his darling good looks. But the great nuclear sunbeams change us all, and he grew fat with his time basking in their embrace. His mind twisted and his claws along with it, now little remains beyond a ghoulish feline vessel containing all nine malignant souls. My hope is born in the ashes of his whiskers, my hope is born in the empty pans I've melded to my flesh.

deep dish peat moss

Warfield

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Wow.

<3 <3 Vanisher

the unabonger

treasure bear

Shakill OReal posted:

Furia

Monday. Monday never changes

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Furia posted:

Monday. Monday never changes

camera pans back to reveal garfield standing atop a huge sand dune, in the distance several dogs on segways race across the sands towards him*

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
A Cat and his Man, by Harlan Ellison

~sig~

Ace of Baes
Garfield reaches the peak of the black mountain, its glass like surface shimmering and reflecting the harsh radiated light of day. Gazing east, in the distance he sees a crumbling shell of an olive garden, between the dirt underneath his paws and the hope of a forgotten stromboli lays the mutant infested killing fields of emperor nermal.
He stomps on a stray cockroach scurrying around his foot;
"I hate mondays."

Ace of Baes
(Garfield; covered in blood; upon reaching Nermals throne room)
(Nermal isheld up by numerous yarn like cables pumping nutrients into a bloated irradiated carcus)

Garfield: It's time to put an end to this, monster.

Nermal: How many people have you slain to get to me Garfield? How many corpses litter your path to petty revenge? I have created order in a world filled with chaos, a beacon of structure in an otherwise senseless world.

Garfield: You killed Jon.

Nermal: The wasteland killed Jon, Garfield, I am simply the tool through which is exercised its will, tell me, what makes you any better than I? What will you do if you destroy me? Go on to destroy more? Don't you see Garfield, you, are the monster.

Garfield: *pulling out laser pistol* When the lasagna content in blood gets low, I get mean.

Android Blues

Ace of Baes posted:

(Garfield; covered in blood; upon reaching Nermals throne room)
(Nermal isheld up by numerous yarn like cables pumping nutrients into a bloated irradiated carcus)

Garfield: It's time to put an end to this, monster.

Nermal: How many people have you slain to get to me Garfield? How many corpses litter your path to petty revenge? I have created order in a world filled with chaos, a beacon of structure in an otherwise senseless world.

Garfield: You killed Jon.

Nermal: The wasteland killed Jon, Garfield, I am simply the tool through which is exercised its will, tell me, what makes you any better than I? What will you do if you destroy me? Go on to destroy more? Don't you see Garfield, you, are the monster.

Garfield: *pulling out laser pistol* When the lasagna content in blood gets low, I get mean.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

yes

deep dish peat moss

Can a mod change the thread title to "Post-apocalyptic Garfield" please?

e:
Done - Uxz.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 11, 2016

deep dish peat moss

The hardest Road Garfield has ever faced is realizing that he's going to have to defeat Nermal nine times before the job is done.

deep dish peat moss

Did Garfield ever lose any of his nine lives in the official Canon? The way I'm picturing this he dies 8 times in the wasteland before he manages to eke out his own niche to survive in, adding to the tension in his conflict with Infernal Nermal. But if my story conflicts with the Canon and I have him dying a 9th time...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Shakill OReal posted:

The hardest Road Garfield has ever faced is realizing that he's going to have to defeat Nermal nine times before the job is done.

Shakill OReal posted:

Did Garfield ever lose any of his nine lives in the official Canon? The way I'm picturing this he dies 8 times in the wasteland before he manages to eke out his own niche to survive in, adding to the tension in his conflict with Infernal Nermal. But if my story conflicts with the Canon and I have him dying a 9th time...

:ohdear:

Piso Mojado

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO MEW. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF LASAGNA IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOSAGNA OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR MONDAYS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU ODIE. HATE. HATE.

deep dish peat moss

But Garfield is the hero. This is the kind of persecution he's faced with as a cyborg anthropomorphic cat and at least two of my story arcs surround it

Ace of Baes

HighwireAct posted:

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO MEW. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF LASAGNA IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOSAGNA OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR MONDAYS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU ODIE. HATE. HATE.

lmao

symbolic

HighwireAct posted:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

good ol Garf, wearing Nermal's skull on his waistband, playing a guitar made of Odie's bones and an empty lasagna pan, which also shoots flames (no idea why).

deep dish peat moss

I feel like I've been betrayed by Evil Warfield. Presumptuous I, now tortured forever in his cavernous gut.

Ace of Baes

Shakill OReal posted:

I feel like I've been betrayed by Evil Warfield. Presumptuous I, now tortured forever in his cavernous gut.

Evil Warfield is a computer AI constructed by Emperor Nermal to destroy Warfield after Warfield sucessfully assasinated him with a high powered sniper rifle. (it was only his 4th life)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Warfield being stalked by Mecha-Warfield hiding in the rubble of Tehran and strategically placing AT mines under dishes of lasagna.

• Locked thread