Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hemophilia posted:

Also this town skews a lot older, and the business owners Do Not Understand what's happening, but they know if millenials are running around town in the texas heat they tend to step into their stores and buy their poo poo and they're just beaming, smiling, and excitedly offering specials and deals for pokeman hunters

It's a beautiful world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
They definitely need to patch this game, so that if you're going over 5mph it locks the screen or something. Asians have a hard enough time driving already.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
this is my pokEmon gogang sign right here:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Divine Styler posted:

They definitely need to patch this game, so that if you're going over 5mph it locks the screen or something. Asians have a hard enough time driving already.

that's not a half-bad idea; it would also discourage the pokemon stampedes that happen in urban centers that are probably going to end in someone getting crushed to death

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Anyone who wouldn't stomp a child to death for a Pikachu obviously doesn't want to collect them all.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
So i started playing Pokemon Go. What is that big bright object in the sky and why does it burn my translucent skin? Will that be patched?! The PokeFAQ has no answers. Halp!

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I would play pokemon go but i tried it and it was way too awkward

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Ive met a bunch of people on this town after socializing the last couple of days.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Its kind of worth it for that

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Iron Prince posted:

giving u a hell ya

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
One of my co-workers said that his friend was stoked that there was a valuable Pokemon behind a strip club while they were driving past. My coworker slowed down like he was gonna pull into the parking lot, then sped up past it and made his friend sad.

Also I have the 3 footprint bug so can't track Pokemon but that's OK because I don't really go outside much any way.

Bored fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 19, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Iron Prince posted:

Stick your pokeball right up your rear end cuz stone cold said so

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I will never catch a Scyther.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
what do you guys feel when normal people see you, being over 12 years old and walking around the city looking at the world through an anroid playing a video game made for children

is shame a thing in your world

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i just like

it's not even a fun game once you master the throwing of the poke ball where is the gameplay. I get firing it up every now and again and catching some pokemon but the people taking this super seriously are just noobs who have never seen a grindy skinnerbox before I guess

go have a tequila

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Internaut! posted:

what do you guys feel when normal people see you, being over 12 years old and walking around the city looking at the world through an anroid playing a video game made for children

I feel like I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Internaut! posted:

except normal is now the people playing the pokemon game

dehumanize and face the capital

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

pft, nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I'm out of poke balls. Got them all neutered.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Internaut! posted:

No, because they are also walking around the city looking at their phone playing the game. Because this is what normal people are doing at the moment.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"Hah yeah but what about NORMAL people?" - Some sad little Gen X creep flirting with 50 who thinks he still knows what passes for cool

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Sheeeit, I'm well into my 40's and hetero and even I can see how attractive a 27 year old man is as he walks through the neighborhood looking at his phone.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Internaut! posted:

I've seen more adults playing this than kids tbh. Literally moms pushing a stroller with one hand and a phone in the other.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm going to catch all the pokemon so no one else can :twisted:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'm not going to catch any because all that lives in my yard are rats and pidgeons. I got some sort of smoke monster thing when I ran to Kroger one, but other than that it's all rats and pidgeons, like Chicago.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This fit mom was with her kids at this poke stop, we are chatting. Im team mystic and she was instinct and we put aside our differences to shoot the poo poo and abuse a lure at a pokestop. Turns out she was insanely hypercompetitive and i pointed out thr church/gym near her house just got taken over by my team and she flies into barely contained rage and runs to her earth destroyer tosses her kids inside, tears rear end through town, i see the gym flip back to yellow and she comes back soon after happy as can be and we resume chatting like she never went full psycho. I saw some kids flying around on bikes sort of playing but mostly messing with AR. All the tryhards are the early millennial/late gen x parents

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
My four year old child and I play Pokemon Go together

He needs to stop wasting my razz berries

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

hemophilia posted:

"Hah yeah but what about NORMAL people?" - Some sad little Gen X creep flirting with 50 who thinks he still knows what passes for cool

They might not have talked about it on MTV yet.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

This fit mom was with her kids at this poke stop, we are chatting. Im team mystic and she was instinct and we put aside our differences to shoot the poo poo and abuse a lure at a pokestop. Turns out she was insanely hypercompetitive and i pointed out thr church/gym near her house just got taken over by my team and she flies into barely contained rage and runs to her earth destroyer tosses her kids inside, tears rear end through town, i see the gym flip back to yellow and she comes back soon after happy as can be and we resume chatting like she never went full psycho. I saw some kids flying around on bikes sort of playing but mostly messing with AR. All the tryhards are the early millennial/late gen x parents

the people obsessed with Ingress were like that too

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

The New York State Museum is infested with vermin.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Hey Jastiger how's the volume of pokestops in Des Moines

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 20, 2016

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Voted 5. Thread delivers.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I wonder if that guy went to work shirtless, or if he took his shirt off before he jumped. Either way seems like a bad idea.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

criscodisco posted:

I wonder if that guy went to work shirtless, or if he took his shirt off before he jumped. Either way seems like a bad idea.

It was hot okay

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

ArbitraryC posted:

I've seen more adults playing this than kids tbh. Literally moms pushing a stroller with one hand and a phone in the other.

What the hell else can you do when you're strolling your crotch spawn around? (I do this)

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

RocktheCaulk posted:

What the hell else can you do when you're strolling your crotch spawn around? (I do this)

Throw them in a dumpster and be able to afford real games?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

RocktheCaulk posted:

If you go to 59th Street and 5th Avenue in NYC there's literally like a thousand people just hanging out playing Pokemon. A fire truck drove by and yelled "NERDS!" at us on their radio thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The police here actually hang out on the main run of pokestops and make sure kids are safe and traffic isnt speeding and also obeying stop signs, and the station itself is one of the gyms. They have no room to call is nerds as I'm p. sure they play

Of course this isn't new york.

• Locked thread