Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

The police here actually hang out on the main run of pokestops and make sure kids are safe and traffic isnt speeding and also obeying stop signs, and the station itself is one of the gyms. They have no room to call is nerds as I'm p. sure they play

Of course this isn't new york.

i think being a beat cop would be the ideal pokemon trainer synergy. delivery drivers and mailmen too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rutibex posted:

i think being a beat cop would be the ideal pokemon trainer synergy. delivery drivers and mailmen too

I bet garbage men are catching all the things.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Jenner posted:

I will never catch a Scyther.

I caught one today sucker now I just have to catch like 80 more to power him up to not poo poo and then I'll be king rear end in a top hat of pokemountain.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

RocktheCaulk posted:

What the hell else can you do when you're strolling your crotch spawn around? (I do this)

I wasn't saying that was a bad thing just pointing out why the people who think this is strictly the domain of neckbeards are unintentionally revealing themselves as the goony shutins

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Watch your step,

Pokmon Go Players in Bosnia Have Been Told to Watch Out for Landmines

Bosnians hunting cartoon critters in augmented reality run the risk of their play being interrupted by very real land-mine blasts, a Bosnian group has warned.

Demining charity Posavina bez mina said on its Facebook page that users of the hit cellphone app Pokmon Go are straying into dangerous territory while trying to catch them all, the ultimate goal of the game developed by Niantic. As of last year, Bosnia and Herzegovina still had an estimated 120,000 undiscovered landmines and pieces of unexploded ordnance left over from the early 1990s war, the BBC reports.

We received information that some users of the Pokmon Go app in Bosnia were going to places which are a risk for mines, in search of a Pokmon, the BBCs translation of the warning reads. Citizens are urged not to do so, to respect demarcation signs of dangerous mine fields and not to go into unknown areas.

http://time.com/4414156/pokemon-go-landmine-bosnia-herzegovina/?xid=tcoshare

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I've been playing this a lot but people are being real weird about it, like talking as if this game saved their life and magically made them social. Where I am there are no stampeding packs of people talking to each other about pokemon. The largest group of people I ever see playing are people just hanging out by the river sunbathing not talking to each other. Maybe Germans just don't "get" that aspect of the game but I'm kind of glad they don't take you playing the same game they are as an invitation to come talk to you.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :911: Guys. Pokemon Go is threatening our freedom. :911: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

:tinfoil:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Yeah I'm sure a bunch of pictures of police stations or restricted area fences you could get from google maps with a pokemon in front of it are going to do an invading army a lot of good.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Murphy Brownback posted:

Yeah I'm sure a bunch of pictures of police stations or restricted area fences you could get from google maps with a pokemon in front of it are going to do an invading army a lot of good.

10 bucks says the creator of the image votes for Trump.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

somnolence posted:

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :911: Guys. Pokemon Go is threatening our freedom. :911: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

South Park did an episode on this like seven years ago.

Also I finally saw someone IRL playing this poo poo. I looked at him with disdain and scorn.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If the game tricks fat people into walking 10x as much as normal then its a net gain for both society and my eyes OP.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

hemophilia posted:

"Hah yeah but what about NORMAL people?" - Some sad little Gen X creep flirting with 50 who thinks he still knows what passes for cool

:allears:

"I've spent my life in a series of digital echo chambers so I have it on good authority that being unemployed, single, collecting toys, watching anime, playing video games and bitching about capitalism all day is normal and cool"

be sure to post the next chapter from your pokemon fanfic where the hot moms not only talk to you without recoiling but are also overcome with passion from your smartphone prowess and immaculate personal hygiene

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I heard the players with the highest pokemon ranks were being let into exclusives dance clubs in NYC without having to wait in line, and all the supermodels want to sit with them.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Nothing worse than a self hating goon.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What about having ebola? That sounds worse.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
I'm level 17 and my most powerful Pokmon is 650cp. How the hell are you guys getting 1500cp?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Suddenly, I wish more millennials played Pokemon Go.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

mobby_6kl posted:

Because you hate Bosnians?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

hot drat I think this sign is saying there's a Cubone over here somewhere

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

That isn't even how you spell "Mines," no wonder people are walking into them. I don't evenknow what the rest of that gibberish is supposed to be, some sort of millennial internet leetspeak, I suppose.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tarquinn posted:

Because you hate Bosnians?

Millennial Pokemon players. Some of them just happen to be Bosnian. Because they do poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/BaltimorePolice/status/755522427921326080

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Me When a rare Pokemon escapes

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, dude in Norway got arrested today. He was jerking off in some bushes near a place people were catching 'mans.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
that language has too many vowels

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

onanist caught onanering

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

gohmak posted:

I'm level 17 and my most powerful Pokmon is 650cp. How the hell are you guys getting 1500cp?

Last night I had a pokemon dream that included this post. :stonk: I had bought a new bed, and as part of a promotion the mattress company was giving away a unique pokemon to the first 2500 people who bought a mattress from them this month. A big promotion I hadn't really paid attention to, because I don't care about pokemons. Until I read this post, which surprised me because my only pokemon (the one from the promtion) was already over 800 CP, and I was only level 1. I didn't even realized it was especially good until, in my dream, I read this post.

I'll admit I have had dreams about video games before when I've been playing a game way too much. But I've never played Pokemon Go, I've never played any pokemon game at all. I don't even know what "CP" means. My cheap rear end phone can't even run the game.

:psyduck:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The Pokemon Go craze came to the State Department on Thursday, when a reporter was called out for playing the popular game during a briefing.
"You're playing the Pokemon thing right there, aren't you," State Department spokesman John Kirby asked a reporter during the daily briefing. Kirby had been in the middle of discussing ongoing efforts by the anti-ISIS coalition to fight the terror group.

The reporter, who hasn't been identified, responded, "I'm just keeping an eye on it."

Kirby resumed talking about the coalition -- saying the fight "won't be easy" and the department is "clear-eyed about the work" it has to do.
Then he circled back to the Pokemon Go playing reporter, asking him, "Did you get one?"
The reporter responded that he did not, because "the signal's not very good." Kirby said, "I'm sorry about that" before continuing the briefing.

On the one hand, the guy is probably fired, on the other, maybe if ISIS had pokemon go they would have the energy to do something else instead.

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer
onaner my bonaner

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

somnolence posted:

The game is actually made by an American company. People in Japan are actually pretty loving pissed because it hasn't launched there yet.

E: nm i guess it just launched there a few hours ago.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dogmeat posted:

The game is actually made by an American company. People in Japan are actually pretty loving pissed because it hasn't launched there yet.

quote:

Niantic, Inc., an American software development company ... The company was formed in 2010 by Keyhole, Inc. founder John Hanke

quote:

Keyhole, Inc., founded in 2001, was a pioneering software development company specializing in geospatial data visualization applications ... additional capital came from ... the CIA

The name "Keyhole" is a homage to the KH reconnaissance satellites, the original eye-in-the-sky military reconnaissance system now some 50 years old.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
2 spooky 4 me

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

whoa

e: still, fuckin lol at the pokeball wasting clowns who don't turn ar off.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Dogmeat posted:

whoa

e: still, fuckin lol at the pokeball wasting clowns who don't turn ar off.

lol the only cool part of the game

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lime Tonics posted:

The Pokemon Go craze came to the State Department on Thursday, when a reporter was called out for playing the popular game during a briefing.
"You're playing the Pokemon thing right there, aren't you," State Department spokesman John Kirby asked a reporter during the daily briefing. Kirby had been in the middle of discussing ongoing efforts by the anti-ISIS coalition to fight the terror group.

I can see why Pokemon Go would cause someone named Kirby to get really upset.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

The whole outside/exercise thing is a stupid point.. my son is 11 and tried to get into PG because he likes the video games and collects cards, but got bored with it quick. He's been complaining to me all week that none of the other kids want to ride bikes or play now, they just want to shuffle around and play Pokemon Go.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Dogmeat posted:

E: nm i guess it just launched there a few hours ago.

Hence the pants on head retardedness of the conspiracy.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Buca di Bepis posted:

onanist caught onanering

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

The reporter, who hasn't been identified, responded, "I'm just keeping an eye on it."

Kirby resumed talking about the coalition -- saying the fight "won't be easy" and the department is "clear-eyed about the work" it has to do.
Then he circled back to the Pokemon Go playing reporter, asking him, "Did you get one?"
The reporter responded that he did not, because "the signal's not very good." Kirby said, "I'm sorry about that" before continuing the briefing.

On the one hand, the guy is probably fired, on the other, maybe if ISIS had pokemon go they would have the energy to do something else instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4waiOrBe5w

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

wow that reporter missed a chance to say "i got myself a kirby!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
Found a rare Pokemon down at the barn this morning.

edit. gently caress imgur

Cerebral Mayhem fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 23, 2016

• Locked thread