Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Going out on a date today and Tuesday with two girls who play this game

Sorry if this offends you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Between Miitomo (getting people to voluntarily build psychological profiles of themselves) and Pokemon Go (getting people to voluntarily give up their locations and general movement patterns) Nintendo have accomplished in 6 months what took Google and Facebook over a decade.

The Google vs Nintendo War of 2025 is going to be badass

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Business Gorillas posted:

Have fun on your date Aatrek.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Today I heard the following yelled from a group of 5 teenagers loitering around the entrance to the zoo:

"Gotta catch em all...Just like herpes!"

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but this game will change the world.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Between Miitomo (getting people to voluntarily build psychological profiles of themselves) and Pokemon Go (getting people to voluntarily give up their locations and general movement patterns) Nintendo have accomplished in 6 months what took Google and Facebook over a decade.

The Google vs Nintendo War of 2025 is going to be badass

ingress failed spectacularly then they added childrens monsters and now its a hit

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Next thing you know they'll be trying to get you to talk to one another and notice the world round you - fuckin horse poo poo man

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

King of Bees posted:

My eleven year old daughter thinks it's fun. So can we get a little "flex" on the age range?

sorry but no

go berate her

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

sounds sweet too bad they are going to gently caress a non nerd after your 'date'

maybe you'll get to watch from the corner or whatever

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Sound posted:

sorry but no

go berate her

I think she's already lost interest. Kids these days, amirite?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Pokémon passed me by the first time it came around and thus I'm not really interested in playing this version but I do think it's neat and cool so many people like it op.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I just pretend to be into it to get at the dumb nerd girls

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Sound posted:

sounds sweet too bad they are going to gently caress a non nerd after your 'date'

maybe you'll get to watch from the corner or whatever

im sure youre a hit at parties*

* - you don't get invited to parties

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

nigga crab pollock posted:

the keywords for gyms are 'significant places, spiritually, culturally, etc' so yeah a shitload of churches and old memorials are going to pop up as gyms

Someone made a map online of gym locations and the closest gym to my home is a liquor store.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seriously what is the point of Pokemon GO? It's just walk around town and hope to find pokemon to do what with? Nothing worthwhile. It's a loving trick game to make Nintendo relevant again and to trick the millennials to go outside and walk around and poo poo.

This was a Public Service Message - Stay the gently caress away from Pokemon GO.

Pokemon GO? More like Pokemon Go Away!

The US has a department of Fitness

http://www.fitness.gov/

It was founded on July 16, 1956

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President%27s_Council_on_Fitness,_Sports,_and_Nutrition

Axe this loving do nothing bureaucracy and give all the money to the Pokemon Go makers. Fire every motherfucker that works in this parasite organization and hire the Pokemon Go programmers to make rare Pokemon to be only available on hills, up stairs and after a 5 mile hike.

American Obesity solved.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Enfield posted:

suck my penis

You're not doing it right, Enfield.

It's "Suck my dick, you fuckman".

Sheeeeesh!

Edit: You know what? I never knew where the hell that came from, so I just googled it and fuckin' lol, it's hilarious.
I just thought it was something from the forums that got formalized into a forum meme. But poo poo...

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/294640/alleged-murderer-to-fuckman-rear end-judge-suck-my-dick-you-fuckman-go-gently caress-yourself/

The more you know, eh?

autoaim.cfg fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 10, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

autoaim.cfg posted:

You're not doing it right, Enfield.

It's "Suck my dick, you fuckman".

Sheeeeesh!

Edit: You know what? I never knew where the hell that came from, so I just googled it and fuckin' lol, it's hilarious.
I just thought it was something from the forums that got formalized into a forum meme. But poo poo...

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/294640/alleged-murderer-to-fuckman-rear end-judge-suck-my-dick-you-fuckman-go-gently caress-yourself/

The more you know, eh?

Crack open a cold one and enjoy.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781121

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

enfield its pretty hosed up that you said a thing using your own words instead of repeating a meme

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Parallax Scroll posted:

enfield its pretty hosed up that you said a thing using your own words instead of repeating a meme

He's drifting off the hivemind course. This is serious business that should be discussed by the Elders of SAion.

Should the hammer be brought down, to stamp out such heresy or should we show leniency, in case he might take us into places uncharted?
Be there dragons there? Or colonies to be founded? Rich with vespene gas to be mined and interesting floral arrangements?
Convene the council!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I started playing it and thought "no way am I gonna do this I'm almost 29 ffs"

then my girlfriend who is a huge nerd went running with the game and came back with like 13 pokemon, so we went on a walk to a lake and spent like 2 hours catching ratatats, sparrows and a psyduck

tbh we really enjoyed ourself and saw a lot of cool monuments that I never noticed before, I'm embarrased but liking the game

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Martin Shkreli catch all the pokemons to increase their value

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm just waiting for the first Pokemon Go death - either from someone absent-minded wandering into traffic or heading into a seedy part of town.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I captured a Ratatata in the police station.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What are the odds Nintendo will sell pokemon locations to stores for big bucks? Think about it, it would be great. Yeah Wal-Mart, we will put a polemic in the back by the sweets, 50$ a month, for 100 we make it a rare one.... that could lure people into shops.

No need to thank me Nintendo.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No, apparently it's a trick to get more black guys about by police.

https://medium.com/mobile-lifestyle/warning-pokemon-go-is-a-death-sentence-if-you-are-a-black-man-acacb4bdae7f#.en545dhlt

The sad part is that I saw that article this morning and rolled my eyes. When I went back and googled "Pokémon go black men" to find out again, turns out a number of sites are running similar articles.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Hopper posted:

What are the odds Nintendo will sell pokemon locations to stores for big bucks? Think about it, it would be great. Yeah Wal-Mart, we will put a polemic in the back by the sweets, 50$ a month, for 100 we make it a rare one.... that could lure people into shops.

No need to thank me Nintendo.

A smart hooker would find a street corner with a good Pokémon on it, so as to capitalize on the virgin nerd demographic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

criscodisco posted:

A smart hooker would find a street corner with a good Pokémon on it, so as to capitalize on the virgin nerd demographic.

well supposedly some pokemen showed up at strip clubs

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

criscodisco posted:

loving brilliant

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

criscodisco posted:

Jigglypuff?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Shaquin posted:

nintendo gamers seem more well adjusted than most Miyamoto can relax a bit

I've seen more lovely zelda and mario-based tattoos than any other videogame tattoo. If you need Link or a one up mushroom in pixel art on your neck to show appreciation to the media you consume, you're not well adjusted.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

criscodisco posted:

"Hey there cutie, wanna make my Bulbasaur ;-*"

"I don't get it, I uh, uhh, I uh saw this was a doduo hotspot and uhhh ok see ya"

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

crabbie

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
cubone

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
my kids went to a park with their grandparents today and apparently they only wanted to go to find pokemons

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Enfield posted:

suck my penis

:shittypop: another golden post from a stupid charred-up human being

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Defiance posted:

would it be inappropriate to use the someone call the burn ward joke right now

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
who gives a gently caress?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

snorlax

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Defiance posted:

Enfield posted:

suck my penis

Suck mine too while yer at it.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
I keep hearing about how Pokemon Go is making people walk more, so far I've just seen other people in the cars in the parking lot furiously tapping on their phones.

Edit: Although at the mall today, there were some people walking around hunting for Pokemon. For some reason people kept luring the poke stop that is too far outside the mall to stay in the AC. There are 3-4 other stops that are inside glorious air conditioning and plenty of chairs.

Sperg Victorious fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sperg Victorious posted:

I keep hearing about how Pokemon Go is making people walk more, so far I've just seen other people in the cars in the parking lot furiously tapping on their phones.

Same

• Locked thread