Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

if you're so fat that u think going for a walk outside is exercise then ur diet coke programming is working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Holding out for Minecraft Go.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Applewhite posted:

I'm using a high tech simulator and no matter what ratio I input it comes out with "100% waste of time."

Pretty much, plus you look like an rear end in a top hat staring at your phone while you walk around

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Personally I'm glad somebody found a way to make walking around outside not be boring

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
theyve made it super easy for people to get mugged or robbed so congratulations on that i guess

"i know whats a good idea, im going to go out into this dark area in the middle of the night by myself to get some loving pokemon surely nothing bad will happen to someone who is unaware of their surroundings and holding a $600 piece of easily re-salable electronics"

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

social vegan posted:

if you're so fat that u think going for a walk outside is exercise then ur diet coke programming is working

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
too late bitch i already caught two pokemen while taking a smoke break

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

GTA GO

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

what about that game that was on like all the TI-83s and eventually other phones where you bought and sold drugs and stuff by moving to different areas

it could be a runaway hit

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

tomstuart posted:

what about that game that was on like all the TI-83s and eventually other phones where you bought and sold drugs and stuff by moving to different areas

I always won that game by buying negative beers.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

tomstuart posted:

i made my first million developing TI-83 games - a simpler time

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Applewhite posted:

I always won that game by buying negative beers.

just rely on finding some coke followed by a coke bust and you are instantly very wealthy

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

My Pokemon GO is broken

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

MasterSitsu posted:

My Pokemon GO is broken

uh no that's jynx and voltorb wtg why don't u try reading a book

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

MasterSitsu posted:

My Pokemon GO is broken

hey wheres that first thing
not chinatown i know where that is!!!!!!!!!!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

FuhrerHat posted:

hey wheres that first thing
not chinatown i know where that is!!!!!!!!!!

harbourfrontbuddy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
staring at your phone while walking around, hunting for Pokémon: nerd poo poo for losers

staring at your phone while walking around, shitposting in GBS: even worse

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i tried to catch a [pokemon and all i found was a cat and a pigeon and a raccoon, didnt catch any of them
this game is dumb

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ps kids will inevitably learn how to exercise when they go to the bar every night

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

ps kids will inevitably learn how to exercise when they go to the bar every night like we all did

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
http://adamreeve.tumblr.com/post/147120922009/pokemon-go-is-a-huge-security-risk

Pokemon Go on iOS gives itself full access to your Google account :lol:

quote:

Let me be clear - Pokemon Go and Niantic can now:

Read all your email
Send email as you
Access all your Google drive documents (including deleting them)
Look at your search history and your Maps navigation history
Access any private photos you may store in Google Photos
And a whole lot more

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the clever marketing ploy is a clever marketing ploy? well i never

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

owning an iphone in the current year of our Lord makes you deserve the security risks that come with it.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Three Olives posted:

http://adamreeve.tumblr.com/post/147120922009/pokemon-go-is-a-huge-security-risk

Pokemon Go on iOS gives itself full access to your Google account :lol:

My god, the Japs are going to know everything about us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

hemophilia posted:

owning an iphone in the current year of our Lord makes you deserve the security risks that come with it.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

tomstuart posted:

theyve made it super easy for people to get mugged or robbed so congratulations on that i guess

"i know whats a good idea, im going to go out into this dark area in the middle of the night by myself to get some loving pokemon surely nothing bad will happen to someone who is unaware of their surroundings and holding a $600 piece of easily re-salable electronics"

Well since most people aren't inner-city denizens, I really don't think that this is as big of a problem as you're suggesting. Additionally, this is largely done in groups and near groups; Yes, a few weak gazelles might get trounced every once in a while, but that happens regardless and especially to people who are already laxxed enough in what you're suggesting are notoriously dangerous neighborhoods. On the bright side, most muggers are willing to run you down if they're looking to mug you at all, so it's not like constantly scanning your surroundings will really save you much anyway.

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 11, 2016

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
*toses pokeball at weakened gazelle*

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
the ball tossing is the hardest part of this game btw

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FoxStrats posted:

Well since most people aren't inner-city denizens, I really don't think that this is as big of a problem as you're suggesting. Additionally, this is largely done in groups and near groups; Yes, a few weak gazelles might get trounced ever once in a while, but that happens regardless. Most muggers are willing to run you down if they're willing to mug you at all, so it's not like constantly scanning your surroundings will really save you much anyway.

Yeah I think it's pretty funny the idea that Po-Go (new hip name I just made) players are gonna be targeted and robbed for their phones.

Motherfuckers it's 2016, any random rear end in a top hat walking around outside has a cell phone that some mugger can take. A criminal doesn't need to see it in your hand to shake you down for it.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i have an iphone cuz i really like how the screen looks so crisp like i need this fidelity and the screen is crisp and kinda smart intuitive i don't have 2 think

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

gently caress the ROW posted:

*toses pokeball at weakened gazelle*

please don't, I might get a black eye and lose my phone to some wayward thug for the 7th time this week

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

social vegan posted:

i have an iphone cuz i really like how the screen looks so crisp like i need this fidelity and the screen is crisp and kinda smart intuitive i don't have 2 think

Their dumb loving system design ensures that if any point of their security fails, a whole bunch of poo poo is accessible, while their security measures rely on the design not being compromised by a dumb loving pokemon app fad, but now the security risk is known, and if it's not patched immediately, if it's by design, someone is going to be able to exploit a shitload of people with apple phones, because people needed the pretty shiny from the company that just assumes it's customers are incabable of using anything more complex than something a toddler can operate.

Android isn't so much better, but Apple's need to integrate everything in weird and intrusive ways honestly just makes them weirdly expensive lovely toy versions of smart phones. They may have been first but they are currently Worst.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

haha hot drat this screen iz sexy the koffing looks so clear on i t i get a boner

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MasterSitsu posted:

My Pokemon GO is broken

Am I the only person that didn't find that Babadook movie scary at all? I mean the only thing that was scary was that they actually let the annoying as gently caress kid live.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol holy poo poo this stupid game is getting old really fast. I went to a park for a walk and literally everyone there was playing this, looking like rear end in a top hat drones staring at their phone. I give it 2 weeks before everyone else turns on it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I started playing this a bit over the weekend and had some fun I guess. It was cool driving around with my gf finding Pokemons.

Then my friend mentioned how he and his buds all bought 2-3 external batteries for their phones and spent hours getting Pokemon and spreadsheeting and min/maxing and my desire to play anymore has been totally drained away.

I just want to battle casually with other casuals, not have to drive to a gym to get shrecked by some turbonerd who camps it with his level 900 Vaporeon. I already see the nerds who dominated Ingress coming through.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i did the quicz on the website and it says i'm a mankey wow telling a man of colour that he is a mankey tahnks nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
IDK if this been posted in the thread or if you nerds mentioned it, but Poke Go has full access to your data.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com...chenginejournal

quote:

When an app has full access to your Google account it can see and manipulate nearly every piece of information contained within it. The only things it can’t do are change your password, delete your account, or autonomously pay for something with Google Wallet.

It’s typical for most Google apps to be granted full account access, but it’s not a permission that is granted to most apps — especially not games. Further, there is no apparent reason why the game would need to have access to someone’s entire Google account.

• Locked thread