Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Your mind is fuzzy, your vision blurry. Looking around, you can make out a ruined temple, overgrown with vines. Three armored figures stand in the distance, talking nervously among themselves.

Your skin is barely covered by a few torn scraps, mud and blood. Others in similar condition lay in a row alongside you.

What is this place? What happened?

Why are you tied up and gagged?

A gruff dwarf in chain armor approaches and looks down at you. His lengthy beard dangles a few inches above your face - he is standing up, you are laying on a mat. He reaches down and yanks out a leather strip from your mouth. You can see the imprint of teeth deeply in the leather. Did you do that?

"Anything yet? Where are you from? Altaris? Sorga? Ishull? Visiria?"

His words mean nothing. Your past is a blur. Then a few scenes pop into your head: vague memories of a deep forest, the smell of leather, red eyes peering through the trees. Blood and the hunt and fire and death.

You hear the dwarf say, "Ah dammit, not again," but he seems far away as you fade into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey look, it's a new 5E D&D PBP. No published module this time around. Altaris is my custom setting and the story will be oriented around your characters. The theme and feel may be a bit dark - my intentions for this game aren't typical D&D heroics. It'll be more about self-discovery and making hard choices. Maybe you'll save the world, maybe you'll screw it up more.

Character creation has a gimmick to it. Your character doesn't remember who they are yet. You, the player, won't know either. We'll discover who everyone really is as things get underway. Certain choices in character creation may indicate a nationality or guild membership, prior allegiances and obligations. Keep an open mind and don't assume your Elven Wizard will have the Sage background - she might have been a noble. Or a villain. Whether you stay true to that history or change direction is entirely up to you. But the past may not let go without a fight.

Character Creation

Make a level 1 character using the normal PHB rules. SCAG is legal too if you want. The setting is inclusive of all D&D content, so don't worry about a certain race being killed off or a class not existing.

There are a few things you will completely skip for now:

1) No background! That means both a background story and the actual 5e mechanic. Yes, you will be missing skills until the background is determined. You do remember your name, so pick one of those along with a picture or portrait.

2) No gear! You are wearing a few dirty leather scraps.

3) No alignment or specific deity! You might have had one, but you don't remember. Do pick a domain if you are a cleric.

I'll leave recruitment open until Friday the 15th. There will be some follow-up questions for you too. Then it's time for some of those hard choices.

Discord

This seems to be a little easier to manage than IRC, so here we go: https://discord.gg/BsB8zdz. Hop in there and ask any questions.

ritorix fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Consider this an interest post. Never played 5e before, but first time for everything.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm the discord channel doesn't seem to open for me, it just redirects me to a main discord site.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Ryuujin posted:

Hmm the discord channel doesn't seem to open for me, it just redirects me to a main discord site.

Thanks, had a typo in the link. Fixed.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Interest posting. This seems pretty awesome!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Immeral

pre:
Name: Immeral
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Monk 1
Background: 
Alignment:  

STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 08 (-1)

Prof Bonus: +2

HP: 10 AC: 16
Speed: 45
Ki Save DC: 13
Saving Throw Proficiencies: Str (+2), Dex (+5)
Tool Proficiencies:  
Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics (+5), Insight (+5), Perception (+5)
Languages: Common, Elven, 

Racial
Vision: Darkvision
Fey Ancestry: advantage on saves vs. charm, immune to magical sleep
Keen Senses:  Proficiency in Perception.
Trance: Elves don't need to sleep, but meditate semiconsciously,
for 4 hours a day. While meditating, I can dream after a fashion; such 
dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through 
years of practice. After resting in this way, I gain the same benefit 
that a human does from 8 hours of sleep, but I still need 8 hours for 
a long rest.
Mask of the Wild: I can attempt to hide even when I am only 
lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other 
natural phenomena.

Characteristics: 
Ideal: 
Bond: 
Flaw: 

Feats

Actions

Bonus Actions
Martial Arts (with Attack Action)

Encumbrance
Strength 10
Encumbered           51-100 lbs
Heavily Encumbered  101-150 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift      151-300 lbs

Equipment  

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 11, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Khalidah Al-Saab

What are these voices? What is this emptiness?

I feel as if there are tenets that I am sworn to uphold, and yet nothing seems right nor wrong.

What am I supposed to do?

pre:
Name: Khalidah Al-Saab
Race: Human
Class: Paladin 1
Proficiency: +2

HP: 12/12
AC: 18

Alignment: Unknown
Background: Unknown

STR: 16  (+3)
DEX: 8   (-1)
CON: 14  (+2) (Save Prof)
INT: 10  (0)
WIS: 12  (+1) (Save Prof)
CHA: 15  (+2) (Save Prof)

Skill profs: Intimidation (+4), Medicine (+3) Insight (+3)
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

Feat: Resilient (+1 CON, CON Save Proficiency)

Features: Divine Sense, Lay on Hands

Equipment 
Insectoid Claw (Battleaxe, 1d8)
Carapace (Shield, +2 AC)
Bone Armor (Chainmail, 16 AC)
5 Giant Teeth (Javelins, Thrown. 1d8?)
Strange Symbol (Holy Symbol)
Bag of Random Goods (Explorer's Pack)
I picked up Deep Speech because I figured it could be a neat hook even if seldom used. If you want me to stick to common languages I'll replace it with Orc.

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 13, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Arrrthritis posted:

Is the alternative human build allowed? I may change my stats if so.

Variant humans with a feat? Sure.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Questions that have come up so far...

No flaws/ideals/bonds, right?

Right. Your character had those, but they are forgotten. Maybe some new ones will develop or the old ones might reemerge, we'll see.

What would I like to see in applications if there's no background stuff?

Up to you, maybe some physical details. Later I'll start asking questions and stuff that will flesh things out more.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Sip, the Druid
I feel like I am where I belong, like I was chosen to be here, or chose to be here. the bite marks are shallow and narrow, only token resistance. Am I a sacrifice? Or being hazed? Or do I just like being captured and then escaping? I just don't remember.

quote:

Human Druid 2

16 Wis*
16 Dex
14 Con
10 Str
08 Int*
08 Cha

17 HP
13 AC

8 Initiative

Background: Trueborn Visirian

Sometimes called the souless or the lost, trueborn Visirians came into this world under the influence of the Plague. It provides them with a morality and purpose, but it is foreign. If cured, trueborn are adrift in the world, with no prior morality or history to rely on and no remaining ties to Visiria. They are childlike in many ways, and both their naivete and their undoubtedly violent life in Visiria can lead to persecution and condemnation from Altarans. Those who persevere can offer their unique insight into the Plague.

Skills: Animal Handling, Insight
Languages: Sylvan, or one of your choice if you already speak Sylvan.
Trait: Trueborn have an intimate understanding of the Visirian Plague. They know how it spreads, how it changes people, and how it can be undone. They can sense those under its influence and help them through the difficult recovery process.

Trained: Animal Handling, Herbalism Kit, Insight, Perception, Stealth, Survival

Languages: Common, Druidic, Elf, Sylvan

Feat: Alert
Always on the lookout for danger, you gain the following benefits:
• You gain a +5 bonus to initiative.
• You can’t be surprised while you are conscious.
• Other creatures don’t gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result of being hidden from you.

Spells,
2/2* Level 0
Magic Stone, Produce Flame
3/3 Level 1
Entangle, Detect Poison and Disease, Ice Knife, Goodberry, Speak with Animals

Wild Shape
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesn’t have a flying or swimming speed.

2nd level No flying or swimming speed, e.g. Wolf
4th level No flying speed, e.g. Crocodile
8th level No limitations, e.g. Giant eagle

You can stay in a beast shape for a number of hours equal to half your druid level (rounded down). You then revert to your normal form unless you expend another use of this feature. You can revert to your normal form earlier by using a bonus action on your turn. You automatically revert if you fall unconscious, drop to 0 hit points, or die.
while you are transformed, the following rules apply:
• Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, wisdom , and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature’s bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can't use them.
• when you transform, you assume the beast’s hit points and Hit Dice. when you revert to your norm al form, you return to the number of hit points you had before you transformed. However, if you revert as a result of dropping to 0 hit points, any excess damage carries over to your norm al form. For example, if you take 10 damage in animal form and have only 1 hit point left, you revert and take 9 damage. A s long as the excess damage doesn’t reduce your norm al form to 0 hit points, you aren’t knocked unconscious.
• You can’t cast spells, and your ability to speak or take any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of your beast form. Transforming doesn’t break your concentration on a spell you’ve already cast, however, or prevent you from taking actions that are part of a spell, such as call lightning, that you’ve already cast.
• You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the newform is physically capable of doing so. However, you can’t use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense.
• You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature’s shape and size. Your equipment doesn’t change size or shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can’t wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form.

Circle of the Moon
Druids of the Circle of the Moon are fierce guardians of the wilds. Their order gathers under the full moon to share news and trade warnings. They haunt the deepest parts of the wilderness, where they might go for weeks on end before crossing paths with another humanoid creature, let alone another druid.
Changeable as the moon, a druid of this circle might prowl as a great cat one night, soar over the treetops as an eagle the next day, and crash through the undergrowth in bear form to drive off a trespassing monster. The wild is in the druid's blood.

Combat Wild Shape
When you choose this circle at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action.
Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.

Circle Forms
The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there).
Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.

Gear
sling, handmade. 17 rocks
scimitar jawbone
leather armor
shield, lignum vitae cabinet door
staff, diamond willow
bone dice with skulls for sixes
explorer kit

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 28, 2016

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Medtur

quote:

Dragonborn Barbarian 1

16 STR (+3) (Save Prof)
16 CHA (+3)
14 CON (+2) (Save Prof)
12 DEX (+1)
10 WIS (+0)
8 INT (-1)

14 HP
13 AC
+1 Initiative

Skills: Athletics, Intimidation

Features:
Rage, Unarmored Defense, Breath Weapon (Fire), Fire Resistance

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Sylmae, Half-Elf Sorcerer (Storm) 1

17 CHA (+3) *
15 DEX (+2)
14 CON +2) *
12 INT (+1)
10 WIS (+0)
8 STR (-1)

8 HP
12 AC
+2 Initiative

skills: Deception, Perception, Persuasion, Arcana

Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Primordian

Features: Darkvision, Fey Ancestry

Equipment:

Arcane focus - staff
Explorer's pack
Spear
Two daggers

Spells:
Lv 0 4/4
Firebolt
Shocking Grasp
Acid Splash
Mold earth

Lv1 2/2
Shield
Thunderwave

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 16, 2016

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

ritorix posted:

SCAG is legal too if you want.
Since it's a custom setting, are the racial restrictions on the SCAG paths like Battlerager and Bladesinger lifted?

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Vilnius
Half-elf Cleric (Tempest)
Awakening from some nightmare, the echoes of thunder still rattle in the back of my mind...

STR | 15
DEX | 08
CON | 14 (13 + 1)
INT | 08
WIS | 16 (15 + 1) [save prof]
CHA | 14 (12 + 2) [save prof]

AC: 9
HP: 10

Racial
Speed: 30
Vision: Darkvision
Fey Ancestry: advantage on saves vs. charm, immune to magical sleep

Skill Profs
Half-Elf:
(STR) Athletics
(CHA) Intimidation
Cleric:
(WIS) Insight
(CHA) Persuasion
Background:
(nil)

Languages
Half-Elf:
Common
Elvish
Draconic
Background:
(nil)

Armor Profs
Cleric:
light
medium
shields
Tempest:
heavy

Weapon Profs
Cleric:
simple
Tempest:
martial

Class Features
Domain (Tempest)
    1st. Wrath of the Storm [reaction, when hit within 5ft]: DEX save vs. 2d8 lightning or thunder damage

Spellcasting
Spell Attack: +5
Spell Save DC: 13
Slots:
[1]2/2

Prepared: (WIS+Cleric level = 4)
  • [Domain] Fog Cloud
  • [Domain] Thunderwave
  • Bless
  • Create or Destroy Water
  • Detect Magic
  • Healing Word
Cantrips: [3]
  • Guidance
  • Mending
  • Sacred Flame

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 11, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Since it's a custom setting, are the racial restrictions on the SCAG paths like Battlerager and Bladesinger lifted?

Yeah that makes sense. No restrictions on those two.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Interest posting...maybe.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Korrin Youngblood, Halfling Sorcerer

I struggle for wakefulness, my thoughts rattling in my brain like pebbles in a glass jar. The only one I can make out clearly is "always this sort of thing with you, isn't it?"

Can't remember. Can't remember anything. But somehow I feel... resigned. Maybe it really
is always this sort of thing with me...

quote:

Name: Korrin Youngblood
Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Level: 1

STR 8 (-1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 14 (+2) (Save Proficient)
INT 13 (+1)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 16 (+3) (Save Proficient)

Proficiency +2
HP 8/8
AC 12
Initiative +2
Melee Attack Bonus +1
Ranged Attack Bonus +4

Languages: Common, Halfling
Skills: Arcana (+3), Persuasion (+5)

Racial Features:
Small size, 25 ft. walking speed
Lucky
Brave
Halfling Nimbleness
Naturally Stealthy

Class Features:
Wild Magic Surge
Tides of Chaos

Spell Slots: 2 1st-level
Spell Attack Modifier: +5
Spell Save DC: 13
Spells Known:
Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Light, Mage Hand, Mending
1st Level: Mage Armor, Ray of Sickness

Equipment:
Light crossbow with 20 bolts (+4 ranged, 1d8 damage, piercing, ammunition/loading/two-handed, range 80/320, 5 lbs.)
Two daggers (+4 melee, 1d4+2 damage, piercing, finesse/light/thrown, range 20/60, 1 lb. each)
Component pouch (2 lb.)
Explorer's pack (backpack, bedroll, messkit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days' rations, waterskin; 59 lb.)

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 15, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Prelude, Day One

As the ragged prisoners fall into and out of consciousness, an armored woman approaches the dwarf. The pair discuss something in hushed tones. The dwarf seems nervous as hell, constantly looking around the forest as if he expects an ambush. The woman seems less paranoid. She doesn't look around, like she doesn't care.

Snippets of their conversation can be picked up as you battle to stay awake.

"We've been here too long. I don't like this at all. Gonna 'ave to move em again, and soon."

"They need time. After what they've been through, what we've sacrificed..."

She sighs and takes a swig from something small. A flask?

"Aye, it better be worth the trouble."

"If it comes to it, don't let me wind up like them. Promise?"

She hands the flask to the dwarf, who drains it. He doesn't look her in the eye as he replies.

"Aye, I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~

No, the game hasn't started, but in a way it has. There's a long way to go til Friday. Keep the apps coming. Until then, there'll be a few snippets like this to set the stage.

ritorix fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 12, 2016

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Sounds fun! I'll write up an app tomorrow.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Jacques Renault, Tiefling Wizard

Emptiness. Void. An almost entirely blank slate. My memory could have been aptly described using such words, save for a name. Mine.

But that was enough. If my heritage had taught me anything, it was that names had power, even if only to give ground to stand on.

quote:

Jacques Renault | Tiefling Wizard

HP: 7/7 | AC: 12 | Int. +2

STR: 8 | DEX: 14 | CON: 13
INT: 16 (prof.) | WIS: 10 (prof.) | CHA: 14

Racial
Size: Med. | Speed: 30
Darkvision | Hellish Resistance| Infernal Legacy

Languages: Common, Infernal
Skills: Arcana (+5), History (+5)

Class
Arcane Recovery | Ritual Casting
Familiar: Bartholomew (Celestial Cat)

Spells
Spell Attack Modifier: +5 | Spell DC: 13
Spells Slots: 1st-level - 2/2
Cantrips: Mage Hand, Chill Touch, Control Flames, Thaumaturgy
1st-level Spells: Find Familiar, Mage Armor, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Thunderwave, Magic Missile, Detect Magic

Inventory
Weapons: Bone Dagger +4 hit/d4+2
Armor: Tattered Rags
Caster Items: Hide Spellbook | Component Pouch
Other: Explorer's Pack

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 15, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Made a few stabs at picking a character this morning and settled on playing a straight up Fightman. :black101:

It's rather unpleasant to wake up to the taste of a boot in your mouth, but Glory finds himself unable to muster the will to complain in the face of the aches and pains in his body alongside the panic bubbling up in his gut at being unable to remember much of anything.

Name: Glory (Strike the Glorious Heavens)
Race: Dragonborn (Black)
Class: Fighter
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 285 lbs
Alignment: N/A
Ability Scores:
STR: 17 (+3)
DEX: 13 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 11 (+1)

Pointbuy: 15 str, 13 dex, 14 con, 8 int, 12 wis, 10 cha. +2 strength and +1 charisma from racials

Stats
HP: 12/12
AC: 11 without armor.
Speed: 30'
Initiative: +1
Sight: Normal.

Proficiencies
Saving throws: Strength (+5) & Constitution (+4)
Weapon: Simple & Martial
Armor: All Armor & Shields
Skills: Athletics(+5) & Survival (+3)
Tools: None
Languages: Common & Draconic

Background:
Feature:
Personality Traits:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:

Inventory
Money: 0gp
On person: 75 lbs
Modesty leather scraps+Stolen clothing scraps
Bonemail 55lbs
Scapula Greatsword 6lb
Tusk Maul 10lb
Tooth Handaxe x2 2 lb

In Pack: 59 lbs
Backpack 5 lbs
Bedroll 7 lbs
Mess kit 1 lb
Tinderbox 1 lb
10 torches 10 lbs
10 days of rations 20 lbs
Waterskin 5 lbs
50' hempen rope 10 lbs

Glory's encumbrance 134/255 lbs

Features:
Dragonborn
Breath Attack: 5x30' line attack, DC 12 dex save for 2d6 acid damage or half on a miss. Recharges on a short rest.
Resistance: Take half damage from lightning damage sources.

Fighter 1
Great weapon fighting: On rolls of 1 or 2 on melee weapon damage rolls you can re-roll the die and must use the new result. Requires 2h or versatile weapon.
Second Wind: Heal 1d10+fighter level once per short rest.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 15, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

A possible druid app may arrive here, if a computer part I need shows up on Thursday

Otherwise it shall be far too late.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Prelude, Day 2

"What about those two? Ishullians, surely?"

"Aye, from the isles. Wild ones even before the Plague, I bet. The dragonborn were hard to bring down."

"And how about this one 'ere? Do your thing, lass."

The woman leans over you, smilling gently. Her voice is soft and calming.

"I'm going to untie you. Please stay calm, don't make a scene. I know this is confusing. We are here to help."

She removes your gag and unties your limbs. Guards are nearby, eyeing you warily, but for now you are free. You get a chance to stretch and move around - a painful experience. How long have you been bound?

Offering you a cup of water, the woman asks you to sit on a stump. She perches on another, a set of makeshift chairs amid the forest.

"I'm going to help you remember. Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths. Think of home. Let it come to you..."

The sounds of the forest fade away.

DM posted:

Each PC has a different memory rise to the surface. A few of you get to choose between options, others are assigned. That's fate for you. If you happen to get a choice, read through your options and pick whichever you like.

Immeral - B or C
Khalidah - B or C
Sip - C or D
Medtur - C or D
Sylmae - A
Vilnius - A
Korrin - C
Jacques - B or C
Glory - A, C or D

If you post an app after this post, I'll offer you a similar choice. Or non-choice.

(A): You hear the crash of waves and the smell of the sea fills the air. You rock gently, swaying with a ship. Sails unfold above you and catch a breeze as gulls cry in the distance. For a moment you feel at peace, free, and home once again. You see land in the distance - a misty shore, full of promise, and it has something you need...

(B): You hear the whispers of hushed voices down long hallways. There is the smell of burning incense covering musty rooms. You see a face, half-formed and transparent. But it doesn't feel scary - it feels familiar, and this place feels like home. Looking out a window, there is only grey sky, overcast and gloomy. There is something else, too, a secret...

(C): You hear the bustle of a crowded market. People of all races move past you in a hurry, going about their lives. Commoners, warriors, even a wizard or two. There is a desperate quality to their movements, their conversations and the way they haggle - but also a fierce resolve. You are one of them, and this feels like home. Your resolve is no less, and you are focused on one overriding goal...

(D): You hear the gentle sounds of the wilds: birds chirping happily, the rustles of squirrels through the trees and the broader sound of a breeze through the leaves. You feel a rushing pulse as you pursue game, hunting prey through a forest. You feel alive, at home, fulfilled - and then you catch up to your prey. It's a human woman, desperate and out of breath, terror etched on her face. The birds land in the trees nearby, patient as carrion, and look towards you expectantly. Their eyes are all red...

The rest of your memory can't quite be grasped, like a rope just out of reach. Your thoughts are interrupted by her voice.

"What do you remember? The more you tell, the more we can help."

DM posted:

Before Friday, give her an answer. It can be as long or short, truthful or dishonest as you wish.

This will be a monologue, meaning I won't be responding in-character during this recruit thread. You can do stuff besides talk, but you'll have to adjudicate anything that happens. These are the only real memories for now, so any other details you invent are just that - invented.

A few guidelines:
-The NPC won't reveal anything, even her name. She doesn't want to taint your memories before they surface.
-You could escape if you really want, and you'll run to freedom, right out of the game.
-If things get out of hand, you'll probably get a whack to the skull.

No matter what you do or say in character, make sure you tell me which choice you made.

ritorix fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 12, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Khalidah Al-Saab, Day 2

Khalidah stirs from her sleep with no small effort on everyone's part. When she first sees her waker, her instinct is to attempt to strangle them with the binds that have been placed on her hands.

"You're going to earn your forgiveness, Garmon!"

She is too clumsy and too bound to perform such an action, and is quickly knocked out. Moments later, she is brought back to consciousness in a much more placid state.

"I remember... I do not remember much. A bustling market, people exchanging ideas and goods back and forth with a fierce vigor. I feel as if I am a part of them, and yet I do not belong. I do not understand why their methods work... only that they do."

She pauses for a moment to try to recall more, her face completely expressionless the entire time. "I feel as if there is a child bringing me a parcel, perhaps as a gift? There is something I need to do. Something I need to accomplish or uphold, but I do not know what. There are people who look to me for guidance, though I do not understand why."

going with C

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory

Glory is all to happy to slink to his feet when his captors? Saviors? See fit to release him from his bonds, muscles scream in joy as they are finally allowed to move about in who knows how long.

After testing the limits of his host's patience, the young dragonborn allows himself to be pulled to the side where he is all to pleased to accept a few mouthfuls of water with which to wash the taste of leather from his mouth before he reluctantly takes the designated stump as a seat.

Listening to his host Glory goes to roll his eyes as the woman insists that one without memory thing of home, but his witty retort is cut short as the backdrop of sounds in the area fall away and a scene washes through his mind.

quote:

You hear the gentle sounds of the wilds: birds chirping happily, the rustles of squirrels through the trees and the broader sound of a breeze through the leaves. You feel a rushing pulse as you pursue game, hunting prey through a forest. You feel alive, at home, fulfilled - and then you catch up to your prey. It's a human woman, desperate and out of breath, terror etched on her face. The birds land in the trees nearby, patient as carrion, and look towards you expectantly. Their eyes are all red...

Letting out a small gasp Glory's fist clenches tight, his claws digging furrows into the stump beneath the appendage, soon however he begins to speak to the woman in a faint voice "I am Strike the Glorious Heavens and as you ask I shall answer after I have gathered my thoughts."

Glory's fist slowly relaxes open as the memory begins to assimilate and he answers what few questions he has been given "At first I see a tranquil glade in which many animals are calmly residing, before long it becomes apparent that something is being chased through this space." Glory's voice tapers off to an even quieter level "Then there are birds all throughout the scene, their hungry eyes staring expectantly..."

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 15, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

quote:

You hear the whispers of hushed voices down long hallways. There is the smell of burning incense covering musty rooms. You see a face, half-formed and transparent. But it doesn't feel scary - it feels familiar, and this place feels like home. Looking out a window, there is only grey sky, overcast and gloomy. There is something else, too, a secret...

Naught but a fragment, a piece of the shattered puzzle, and still a vague one at that. But... it was comforting, in a curious way. I supposed being able to latch onto anything, anything at all in this strange hour would do. While the stump wasn't the most pleasant place to sit, it would do to be polite and listen, at least until I had my bearings. Out of curiosity, I begin to probe my "interviewer" in the Infernal tongue.

"Do you speak? No? How unfortunate. Or perhaps you are merely pretending not to understand? I cannot comprehend why you would do such a thing, but-"

I pause, noticing all of the stares I'm receiving, and resume in the Common tongue.

"My apologies; after all the rest I find myself rather excitable. I was simply questioning if you understood me, that was all, but I am quite willing to converse in this language as well. Might I know with whom I am speaking? A name, at least? I see. Tainting my memories, hmm...?"

All in all, it was pointless to detail in words how suspicious the entire situation was. With a needlessly dramatic sigh, my fingers curl unconsciously as if to pet the air. My brow raises at the gesture, and I stare for a moment before locking eyes again with the woman.

"Right, my memories, was it? What I recall is...whispers. The exact words, sadly, escape my grasp, but there was the scent of incense in the air and a specter-like image of a face. Some kind of ritual, perhaps. One that I was not involved in, or so I believe. Ah, the weather outside was rather dreary, dark and seemed likely to rain..."

That should be enough to satisfy, I thought. There was more to the memory that would perhaps be of interest, but I felt no desire to share feelings with these strangers, and secrets... Well, secrets were meant to be kept.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Korrin Youngblood

Korrin hardly has a build likely to alarm the guards -- tall for his kind, but wiry to the point of scrawniness -- and he does little else to draw their notice, as if he had an unconscious ability to look unassuming. He stretches his arms and cracks his neck, trying to shake the feeling that he's been bound for years. (Maybe he has been? At this point... well, who knows.) He accepts the water with an expression of pathetic gratitude, and he sips slowly as he tries to collect his thoughts.

It takes a while. They're very resistant to being collected, it seems, and even the water isn't helping much. His head feels empty. He closes his eyes for a moment, desperate for any echo, and then at last he speaks.

"... I remember a marketplace, somewhere crowded, but pleasantly so, if that makes sense? Everyone busy and happy, everyone about their errands. It was a comfortable place. I was running my own errands..."

No, says the echo in his head, you were running one specific errand, weren't you? You can feel it, can't you? The earnestness. The desperation.

"There was something I was trying to buy? Trying to find? I can't quite remember, but I remember it was important. Maybe more than important."

The last faint trace of relief in the halfling's face fades, even as he takes a last long draw from his cup. "Can't imagine it matters much now, though. Even if I found it, it's not here now, is it? ... Heh." The laugh is hollow and reflexive-sounding, more like he's trying to convince himself he told a joke than that he could possibly be trying to win over his silent audience.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae

Sylmae grabs the cup of water and gulps it down – fast enough that she coughs, almost choking, as the cool liquid coats her dry, cracked throat. Her body ached from the inside out, and her head pounded. From what, she wasn’t sure. She sets the drained cup down and massages her temples with a soft groan. She had almost forgotten the question.

“Oof…what do I remember? How are you going to help – wait! A ship! I remember a ship!” She bolts to her feet, despite her muscles screaming from the sudden use. She sits back down and eagerly leans forward to take the woman’s hands, hoping the woman would join in her excitement at having a memory – at last! The woman appears to be visibly uncomfortable with this, but meets Sylmae’s eyes.

“I…I can’t recall why I was on it though. But I felt so happy, and at peace. Being on that ship felt like I had returned home. I don’t know why, though…I can’t remember much of ships or sailing before I ended up here. There was something important on the land I needed. I just wish I could remember what…” She drops the woman’s hands and nervously rubs her palms together.

Sylmae pauses. “Is this the land I saw? Did I say anything while I was unconscious?” The woman simply regards her coolly. Sylmae sighs in resignation.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Sip, the Druid

I lie all the way back on the large stump and stretch out my arms and legs, then roll to both sides, bending and twisting my spine like a cat. I got a crick in my back and don't stop until I get that satisfying pop. It's a good pain. I sit back up when and take the wooden cup the woman offers. Before I drink from it, I scratch its lip with my fingernail, give it a sniff and a nibble. I sip the water, swish it and open my mouth and inhale over it to make it bubble and get the smell. Never know, could be bad wood, or bad water–on purpose or not. You can't be too careful with something you didn't make or draw yourself. Once I'm satisfied, I throw back the rest all in one gulp. I sure am thirsty. Now that the water's gone I flop back onto the stump. Sitting up isn't nearly as comfortable.

She tells me to take deep breaths and remember home. "Okay," I yawn. Then I close my eyes and have a nap.

I hear the gentle sounds of the wilds: birds chirping happily, the rustles of squirrels through the trees and the broader sound of a breeze through the leaves. I feel a rushing pulse as I pursue game, hunting prey through a forest. I feel alive, at home, fulfilled - and then I catch up to my prey. It's a human woman, desperate and out of breath, terror etched on her face. The birds land in the trees nearby, patient as carrion, and look towards me expectantly. Their eyes are all red...

"It isn't a game this time," I mouth silently, the words only echoing in my mind. "You thought you could swallow it and run. That it'd buy you some time if I caught you. You thought wrong. I don't have the time, so your time is at an end." I draw my knife, and the light it reflects flashes across her face.

Then the woman wakes me up. My heart's still pounding. I'm still smirking. She wants me to tell her what I remember.

"Hehe, don't get scared, but I dreamed I was chasing you through my woods. It was fun and exciting, all the forest creatures were egging me on, laughing with me."

While I talk I play with the rope, entwining my fingers and thumb and winding it around my hand, wrist and forearm.

"But it wasn't a game. When you got tired and I caught you, I said you had something I needed right away but you had swallowed it and ran. That's why I was chasing you."

I run out of rope, so I fold the leather gag in half and start chewing on it, in the middle, where the wetness and shallow teeth marks from before are. Tastes savory, smells smoky... it's good. I continue talking with my mouth full.

"Anyway then the their eyes turned all red. They were telling me to hurry it up. I said 'oh I'm gonna kill you and get that thing,' pulled out a knife, mirrored some light into your eyes with it, then woke up. Weird huh?"

I stop chewing the middle of the gag and draw it through my fingertips, straightening it out until I'm holding the end, which I start tying it around my birdie.

"Actually, it makes sense. Your face is the only one I really know right now, so I have to dream about you until I remember more, right? Then I can have creepy dreams about them instead."

Once the knot's tied, I fold the gag in on itself and start swinging it lazily back and forth. Helps me think. I snap my fingers, turn over and look the woman in the eyes.

"Ah! Can I have more water, but In a bowl or something? I want to see my face."

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Vilnius

Seemingly content to lie still, Vilnius begins to speak; it seems fairly clear that escape isn't quite an option, and that he's safe enough, for now.

"... a garden? Hmm... that place, there, overgrown with vines? Maybe it was the same place... Was I inside there?"

"I was very near a shore. That's what I remember..." he puzzles over this a moment. "Is that where you found me?"

"Look, I--" he groans with stiffness is his ribs, trying to sit upright, "what do you want to hear? Am I under arrest or something? Like, what is this?"

quote:

e: I told the truth

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 12, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Prelude, Day Three

After your 'interview' yesterday, your captors (or rescuers?) have allowed you to remain unbound. They have highly suggested you remain in camp, but no one chased the single runner last night.

The guards assume he is already dead.

As for the guards, they are maintaining their silence for the most part. To ease the return of your memory, they say. A few details do slip through or are overheard. From what you can gather, you are recovering from a plague. It doesn't seem to be contagious, or your guards are already immune, since they don't seem concerned with proximity. They spend most of their time focused outward, staring into the forest for attackers that have not come.

Not all of the plague victims have been as lucky as you. A few others are moving about, seeming to make a recovery, but some are still tied up, writhing in the throes of the plague. They flail against their bonds and bite at their leather gag. That was you, not too long ago.

Later in the day, you have a second session of remembrance with the strange woman.

"Yesterday, you thought of home. Today, consider the recent past. Think of someone important to you. Whom do you see?"

As before, you fall into a memory. A name comes to mind other than your own, for the first time. Magar. He stands before you, tall and wildly bearded, wearing thick hides and an iridescent breastplate that seems to be a giant bug carapace. His scent is thick and his voice booms.

All around you is a disturbing scene. Magar seems pleased. He hands you a horn full of blood, of which you drink deeply.

"Now you are a true Visirian."

The memory fades.

"You can talk of this later, if you wish. Some things take time to process. You are free to remain at the camp, unbound, and mingle with others who have awoken. Perhaps sharing your experiences will help your memory to return. But please do not leave; you are not yet ready."

DM posted:

The memory of Magar is shared by all. What differs is the details of the "disturbing scene." For some, it is a flaming field with corpses of farmers piled high. For others, a burnt-out building with fresh slaves being led away. All are scenes of war and conquest, and no mercy is shown.

No 'questions' today, you still have until Friday to answer that portion. For the remainder of the thread, those of you who have been untied - that is, you finished the earlier question - can mingle and chat in-character, or just wait it out. As before, there won't be any DM rulings or adjudication on actions since we aren't really playing yet, so handle your own stuff and don't harass the poor NPCs too much.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Khalidah Al-Saab, Day 3

Khalidah thinks for a long time of people that might have been important to her. There are no names that even come to mind for a very long time, until someone else brings up the name of Magar. It is then, and only then, that the memory of the scene comes flooding back to her.

-------------

music

Khalidah stands atop the ramparts of an ancient fortress under siege. All around her there is conflict, bloodshed, viscera. Soldiers in armor engaging in melee with one another while she traverses along the tops of the walls clad in plate, wielding an axe and shield. A loose boulder from a trebuchet comes flying overhead, smashing into the castle village below. With a fierce resolve she steps forward over the bodies of the recently fallen, to face the reward of being charged by enemy soldiers. As time passes and her troop advances, enemy soldiers become enemy militia, and enemy militia become the old, the weak, and the young. Every single one of them a nuisance, a small hurdle to overcome for her greater cause.

She now stands in the recently conquered castle courtyard. There are newly hanged banners that decorate the castle's insides, as well as several dozen celebrating soldiers that she has very little regard for. Also decorating the castle's halls are the flayed bodies of the defeated, as well as those few that are still alive being herded into chains and into the castle's courtyard. Khalidah's silver armor is now stained red with the blood of the fallen, the same blood that has been poured into the horn she is drinking from as if part of her daily ritual. She gives Magar a compliant smile when she is done drinking, as if she had done so many times before.

-------------

"I'm afraid the only name I remember is Magar, just as the other has said. I am taking part in... a conquest, I believe. There are several who stand in my way, but none of them are able to truly defend themselves. There is a horn full of blood that I drink from, and he refers to me as a 'Visirian'. Just what is that, exactly?"

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Vilnius

Quietly, Vilnius begins to piece things together.

Replaying the memory of Magar in his head, over and over again, something begins to stand out in his mind: the carapace.
Its changing colours seemed to be some trick of the light -- it wasn't, though. As Vilnius approached, the colour adapted, as if to match him.

"Odd.."

ritorix posted:

"Anything yet? Where are you from? Altaris? Sorga? Ishull? Visiria?"

ritorix posted:

"Now you are a true Visirian."

"Visiria: what is that? It's a place, right? Where is it?" he asks, to no one in particular, hoping someone has some useful information.

Arrrthritis posted:

"I'm afraid the only name I remember is Magar, just as the other has said. I am taking part in... a conquest, I believe. There are several who stand in my way, but none of them are able to truly defend themselves. There is a horn full of blood that I drink from, and he refers to me as a 'Visirian'. Just what is that, exactly?"

"You! His breastplate -- what colour was it?"

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Sip, the Druid

My leather scraps smell bad, so I take them off and let them air out and sun wash, then sit back down on my stump. The guards gave me some more rope because I was bothering them for it, but it was too thick, so I unraveled it into cords. I loop the cords around my toes and start aweaving, humming as I go, singing a made up song to myself. It's boring here otherwise. "Making moccasins~" It's pretty mindless work, so I try to remember more about Magar. He smelled of poo poo because he stress ate too much before battles. No one can talk about it because of his rank, but I like to manage myself a little better so I show how I'm better than the other youths not yet come of age. I ignored the smell that most of those stupids probably didn't even know about and waited to see who got the blood this time. My heart was beating like the one I took from that woman last night. You can remake a person from their heart, and no one likes having to kill someone twice–

The half-man asks a loud question to everyone. He wants to know the color of the carapace, "White!" Everyone knew that, It blended in with the snow that way of course. "Before It got all bloody you know."

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 12, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Khalidah takes a moment to ponder the question the half elf asks of her.

"...I do not recall. I remember a great deal of red, though I do not know if that is my mind coloring in details I was too inattentive to notice."

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory

Glory is relieved when he is allowed to break for the evening, the toll of whatever sickness he has been afflicted with still lingering on his body in addition to the wear and tear of having been bound in place for an extended period of time. Taking the time he has to himself Glory plops down on the ground in as open a space as he can find and begins to put his body through an extended period of stretches in the hopes of working out some of the tightened muscles and joints on his body.

Having limbered himself up to some degree and shaken off at least a portion of his pain Glory is quite content to curl up on the ground where he has sat and to collapse back into the slumber from which he had earlier been awoken. The dawn is not content to delay its arrival and the morning finds Glory far too soon for his tastes, but he drags himself to his feet as the low key bustle of the camp begins and falls back into his calisthenic routine as he awaits another round of questions from the benefactors.

Come the afternoon the awaited session comes and Glory is set to recollecting another scene by the mysterious woman herding the plague victims about. There is certainly a flash of memory inflicted on the dragonborn, but he is not forthcoming with information "Magar was his name, a man in heavy armor" he shakes his head "there was some form of chaos happening in the same woods I mentioned previously and quite a large amount of blood." Glory manages to catch himself halfway through a motion as he finishes the sentence, his tongue drawing itself across the edge of his mouth and teeth as though savoring the last remnants of a fine meal.

Excusing himself from the situation Glory stands to the side as the woman goes over the same routine with each of the plague bearers. Some time between people the half-elf asks a simple question to the human who has just completed her pass through the screening. Glory pauses for a moment, the fresh memory of blood flowing into his mouth halting his immediate response, before he echoes the woman's answer "It was much the same for me. There were many colors, but the red comes to the forefront of my mind."

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 15, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

The woman leaves, and immediately the surroundings burst with noise. Not surprising, considering how isolated all of us had been for the last...however long we had been here. Days? Weeks? And it wasn't as if the woman had exactly been an interesting conversationalist. Now that she had left, however, I was left with the opportunity to collect my thoughts. Once more, my fingers curl unconsciously and my lips into a frown. I was forgetting something. Or someone? Food for thought, and I would have to investigate later, but for now it was important to focus on what I knew for certain. Which, admittedly, was not very much.

Magar. The current topic of discussion, and an individual we all seemed to remember. Unlikely to be a coincidence. Possible, but unlikely. What was it they were asking about? The color of his breastplate? From my memory, it was... Even that was hard to recall. However, at the moment red was the most common answer, and there appeared no reason to go against the crowd here.

"Indeed, as many of the others have also claimed, my memory is that the man's armor was a splendid crimson. A fine hue, indeed."

Clasping my arms tightly, a quick glance around the encampment revealed that as far as I could tell, I was the only one here of my kind. Worrying. Common sense told me that being the last of my kind was near impossible but... the guards had mentioned a plague of some sort, after all. One that I had fortunately managed to survive, as well those before me. Time would tell for the others.

The only scrap of information left was drinking from the horn offered by this Magar, and the words he had spoken after. Visirian, he had said? Presumably, a kind of people. Or a cult? Drinking blood was a possible initiation ritual, especially if I had been the one to gather the blood myself. Was that it then? Or was it something else?

No point in thinking so hard when lacking so many pieces, I supposed.

Spells
Spells Slots: 1st-level - 2/2
Cantrips: Mage Hand, Chill Touch, Control Flames, Thaumaturgy
1st-level Spells: Find Familiar, Mage Armor, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Thunderwave, Magic Missile, Detect Magic
Prepared Spells
1st-level Spells: Find Familiar, Mage Armor, Thunderwave, Detect Magic

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 12, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Sip, the Druid

I finish a hemp shoe and move onto the next one after giving my toes a stretch. I wonder why everyone else is waiting so long to air out their leathers. I start going into a work-trance and remembering. Or making up, I don't know!

An important thing is to cut out as many dead enemies' hearts as you can, impale them with a quick carved spear into the dirt beneath the snow, and oil them so they can be burned all at once later, after the number of hearts is matched to the number of bodies that the Counter–elder who can count the fastest–counted before we threw them in the pile. I would have gotten the most of that done but I thought I could find that shield maiden who tried to cut that one in half, swallow it and run. Normally we'd capture them, but if just the heart came back out it might get rescued at night or something. Getting a whole person out of their ropes and stuff on top of how hungry and thirst we keep them meant they'd be easier to chase down than that one fresh woman who fled the battle carrying just a heart when we were tired from fighting.

I hope that getting the woman and the heart to Magar before someone else did makes up for having to kill her instead of capturing her. And for the heart's being in half, so she could swallow it. I don't know if those things matter but they might. I should just make myself useful while I wait. I'll keep staking hearts and hoping.

I finish another sole, pretty sure I did get to drink the blood in the end. I hope I didn't make that part up.

The other still are wearing their rags, which are getting damper and smellier by the minute. And they're going to stub their toe or step on a thorn if they don't make some shoes. No handwraps either. If they have to climb their palms and fingers are going to get all burned. They're either dumb or lazy. Or maybe they forgot how to be useful when whatever happened happened. Next I start looking for good stones. You can suck on one to feel less thirsty, skip them across a pond, and who knows what else. I can't quite remember why, but I should. Knowing why we do things is for elders to know and figure out. For a youth, just doing the right things is what's expected. And if you want to live to be an elder, you do them. Then you can learn and figure out the whys.

I still haven't gotten my water to see myself in. I'm probably going to have to find a pond myself when they let me go.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Melchiresa posted:

Sylmae

“A ship! I remember a ship!”

Vilnius

Making a point of addressing the elven-looking woman, Vilnius speaks to her quietly, off to the side.
"A ship..." he says, giving a slow, knowing nod.

Nothing more is said -- because there isn't anything he can add that she hasn't already told them -- so instead he watches her eyes, gauging where her mind goes.

Insight, Mr. DM? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae
Half-elf Sorcerer (Storm)

Sylmae overhears the questions about the vision – it was eerie to her that she somehow shared the same memory. “I remember his armor! It shimmered!” she blurts out. She composes herself and continues, “there was a horn of blood too…and I drank from it, as if it were not a strange thing to do at all. I don’t know what that has to do with Visiria…”

“I wonder though…how did this woman know to ask us about this Magar person? Is she looking for him? And how does she know all of this?” she asks, beginning to become nervous...

P.d0t posted:

Vilnius

Making a point of addressing the elven-looking woman, Vilnius speaks to her quietly, off to the side.
"A ship..." he says, giving a slow, knowing nod.

Nothing more is said -- because there isn't anything he can add that she hasn't already told them -- so instead he watches her eyes, gauging where her mind goes.

Insight, Mr. DM? :v:

However, Sylmae couldn't help but relax upon seeing another person who looked like her – finally realizing this was the person she was answering before. She walks up to Vilnius and studies him carefully. “You look so familiar…” After a moment, realization washes across her face.

“You were there, too!” She can’t help but sound almost joyful that perhaps someone can help her piece together her memories. "The ship was so peaceful...I wonder why we were there? Surely there was a purpose for us."

“Something else about you feels familiar as well…like we have more in common than just our appearances.”

I’m not sure if we have knowledge of our classes and skills, so I’m sort of alluding to it. I don’t want to overstep too far, though.

• Locked thread