Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This show is epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

They should of done the new season of berzerk like this.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pierson posted:

Every single time the camera gives us a wide-shot it looks amazing(er).

I'm pretty sure that's just because the subtitles are using the romanisation of the Chinese names (pinyin I think it's called?), even though they're speaking Japanese. It's a nice little touch and acknowledgement of the source but makes it a little awkward sometimes. See also the names of the demon-swords which they say 'Makai Shinkai' but the subtitles read 'Shén Huì Mó Xiè' (thanks google).

I hate it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I can't stop thinking about how awesome this show is and how much I want to see episode 3 already!!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

It will be epic when the main character guy gets his hand on a 3 sectioned staff or whatever he uses and annihilates everyone.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I found that Phoenix Killer's name "Kills Everyone. Dies." was surprisingly accurate.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

My only regret is that he didn't kill more people.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Calling it here,:

Lin's luck runs out and he dies against Betsu, leaving Shang to finish the job. He defeats and kills Betsu then takes his sword to finish the job on the giant demon. Maybe has to sacrifice himself. The series took a very interesting turn but I'm kind of bummed out all the people I liked ended up being actual bad guys possibly worse than the main villain. I was looking forward to seeing some of them get more development, like one eyed impaler and Juan along with Xing Hai. Was also really hoping for some kind of duel between Shang and the Phoenix Killer.

I really enjoyed the series a lot though and would love to see more stuff like it. I've never seen any of the creator's stuff so maybe the turn of events was less of a surprise to people more familiar with his works.

What if his name was Betsy instead of Betsu, like the villain from Kung Pow. That would be epic.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I haven't bothered to learn any of the names. I call them Chinstrap, Ken, Girl, Vaper, and Heavenscorpse Scorn. In my head at least, because I can't really talk about this show with anyone in real life.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lestaki posted:

Show was great. I'm sad my boy Juan didn't get to do more but he got the girl which is the best kind of winning I guess.

Kei Gai presumably just leaves after the demon god is banished? It seems too much to ask that she'd die in the explosion when it was summoned.

I was pleased that Enigmatic Gale exploded into genuine frustration after he got screwed out of his 'treasure' by sheer spite. After twelve straight episodes of smug dickery it was fun to see him break character for a moment.

I got the impression the demon lady got absorbed into the demon god somehow. I felt like they had the same voice.

• Locked thread