Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Jade Star posted:

That is super awesome, can/would you be interested in talking about your work on the game? Like the first LP i figure there will be times where i have kind of filler missions and would love to have some interesting guests to talk bout the game and an inside perspective of working on the game would be great.

Sorry, didn't mean to give you the wrong idea or get your hopes up. :shobon:

To clarify, it was just QA so most of my experience revolves around playing the game in really early stages, and I doubt any of the bugs I found or changes I saw would be enough to carry a video.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

VolticSurge posted:

Oh,I see. In that case,can I just make my guy in the game then email it to you? Or is it too late?

Ciaphas posted:

Jade if I already sent an application are you averse to me just making a soldier and sending you the file instead or would you rather I leave it be? Don't want to clog your inbox, and I'm not especially picky on my soldier anyway, but if importing is easier...

Do it. Send it in. If you already submitted a plain text entry but would like to send a .bin file in for exactly what you want then please do it and include in big letters in the mail that the bin file is to replace a previous entry. Please tell me the name of the soldier that is being replaced, as that what it sorts by in game.

Ciaphas posted:

Any chance we could get you to export the resulting character pool? I think it'd be an interesting thing to kind of 'play along' with the LP and observe how the games diverge (or more accurately, observe how my mistakes snowball compared to yours).

I should be able to easily export and host the character pool file somewhere once I'm done making making soldiers. Please remember I have the memory of a goldfish, so a reminder when I close signups/start the LP would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, I got like 15 soldiers done before the first request for Guile Hair was made. What is wrong with all of you?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Jade Star posted:

Oh yeah, I got like 15 soldiers done before the first request for Guile Hair was made. What is wrong with all of you?

I'm still mad over not being a MEC in the EU/EW LP, is what's wrong with me. :argh:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Jade Star posted:

Do it. Send it in. If you already submitted a plain text entry but would like to send a .bin file in for exactly what you want then please do it and include in big letters in the mail that the bin file is to replace a previous entry. Please tell me the name of the soldier that is being replaced, as that what it sorts by in game.

Oh nice. Just sent you the .bin for my guy instead, Jade.

E: Just realized it still had a nickname, sorry!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Jade Star posted:

Alright. Just sent the .bin for my replacement.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 11, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jade Star posted:

Guile Hair isn't Commissarial :colbert:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Here we go! I am ready to die for humanity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpU8w27YB3c

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Jade Star posted:

I figured there would be a million other requests for Guile Hair, truthfully. I'm sticking to what I submitted though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I was creating a character, and while from what I remember of the stories she certainly COULD have Guile hair, the Mad Max DLC added pigtails which are her iconic feature.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013
I don't suppose you are accepting modifications to applications sent?

I'd like to add that my soldier would probably be better as the Psi-Op soldier type given his name. Make him purple as well if thats cool. :-D

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Godnnelg posted:

I'd like to add that my soldier would probably be better as the Psi-Op soldier type given his name.

I'm not reserving class choices. That's in the OP.

And just fyi, i've gotten about 67 applications so far, if i make 100 in the next day or two i'm going to start the LP but keep sign ups open.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Sent you my soldier application Jade, looking forward to seeing someone good play this as I always mess things up and fail missions/get all my good soldiers killed.

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 12, 2016

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Do you have a list of soldier customization mods that you will definitely be using? I'd hate to send in a soldier only to have things break.

As a long time fan of you and guava's xcom lps, I'm excited to be participating on the ground floor this time.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sent in a character. Let's see how this madness rolls.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
gently caress it, I sent in a submission. Hope it wasn't too vague on the details.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
He's just using Capnbub's head gear.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lunethex posted:

He's just using Capnbub's head gear.

Well,sheet. My guy uses a bit of the ADVENT Armor Mod. Whelp,back to the drawing board. :sigh:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

Well,sheet. My guy uses a bit of the ADVENT Armor Mod. Whelp,back to the drawing board. :sigh:

He also said he's open to using cosmetic mods, so long as they don't change gameplay, so... make sure you link the mod to make it easy, I'd say.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Canuck-Errant posted:

He also said he's open to using cosmetic mods, so long as they don't change gameplay, so... make sure you link the mod to make it easy, I'd say.

Oh,I linked it in my email. That's a huge relief. :toot:

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Decided to err on the side of caution and not use any mods. Soldier sent!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Really between all the official DLCs you have a buttload of gear to pick from. I think you only *need* to delve into the workshop in that respect if you're looking for unique stuff like Disney princess dresses.

...one sec, need to go check something.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Soldier sent! I actually sorta like how Guile Hair looks with a gas mask, and I decided to include a bio as to why my soldier wears a gas mask in the first place.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bruceski posted:

Really between all the official DLCs you have a buttload of gear to pick from. I think you only *need* to delve into the workshop in that respect if you're looking for unique stuff like Disney princess dresses.

...one sec, need to go check something.

I already sent my app, but I think the Titanfall Gear adds some pretty cool outfits. I especially like the pants in this screenshot:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
By now i have a few more than capnbubs cosmetic pack, but yes like it was said, include a link to a cosmetic only workshop mod and I'll include it if its not super spergy realism all members of NATO camouflage patterns.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Jade Star posted:

By now i have a few more than capnbubs cosmetic pack, but yes like it was said, include a link to a cosmetic only workshop mod and I'll include it if its not super spergy realism all members of NATO camouflage patterns.

Awww :( I wanted the Australian Camo pattern on my guy.

Lotish posted:

I already sent my app, but I think the Titanfall Gear adds some pretty cool outfits. I especially like the pants in this screenshot:

Jeeeze 166 megabytes for a visual mod.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Application sent, Jade! It's the return of Nittien Stomperud!

Here's to 60+ more kills! :black101:

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Just sent in my application, then realized I forgot to look at armor/weapon patterns. Ah, well. Most of them are dumb looking anyways.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

is there a database online that has all of the stock faces and poo poo? Cuz I don't have the game but would rather pretty up my soldier instead of just send in blandy mcblandface

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Scribbleykins posted:

Application sent, Jade! It's the return of Nittien Stomperud!

Here's to 60+ more kills! :black101:

tbh, my application was Isobel Guitierrez

lookin' forward to MECing up and doing this again:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Blind Sally posted:

tbh, my application was Isobel Guitierrez

lookin' forward to MECing up and doing this again:

Bad news Sally. MECs didn't make the cut for XCOM 2 :(

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Looking forward to getting murdered by our alien overlords.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jade Star posted:

There's a separate Warsaw Pact camo pattern set that isn't nearly as well organized. Besides, what other patterns were you going to use, the Mass Effect pack?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gridlocked posted:

Bad news Sally. MECs didn't make the cut for XCOM 2 :(

no. nooo :negative: that's not true!!!1 that's impossible!!!!!--- i've been defeated before the LP could even begin

:xcom:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I did go through the trouble of making a pseudo-cobra commander like I did for the Jade streams but I thought I should instead make a character thats more befitting my name

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Blind Sally posted:

no. nooo :negative: that's not true!!!1 that's impossible!!!!!--- i've been defeated before the LP could even begin

Have faith Blind Sally, There's something in the DLCs that may scratch that itch for you.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Here's hoping some DLC or Mod comes out for that!

There's plenty enough class mods already for the game. Someone might figure it out.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

well if this is supposed to be more blood thirsty and more in line with UFO Defense maybe I might get a chance to make a more dressed up entry but for now what I sent should be more than enough :)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I tossed my hat into the ring, ready to give my life for my non-specific extraterritorial stolen spaceship.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh man I wanna change my dude now :(

How can we change our submission JadeStar?

Edit: Also JadeStar once you have all the characters made can you share the Character Pool file? I want goons in my game too!

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
Submitted a Soldier, Hyped as All hell for the LP

• Locked thread