Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
Signed up for duty! :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Scribbleykins posted:

Application sent, Jade! It's the return of Nittien Stomperud!

Here's to 60+ more kills! :black101:

Nice, here's hoping to see that legendary bad rear end again. I sent in the son of James Dean. Can the "Rebel"'s son blow up as many aliens as his pappy could with high explosives?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i played through once at release. now that all the dlc is out, this seems like a good time to revisit.

Gridlocked posted:

Edit: Also JadeStar once you have all the characters made can you share the Character Pool file? I want goons in my game too!

he mentioned he would up-thread. i'd be interested in doing the same, too

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
I'm excited for this LP since this game apparently isn't coming out on consoles. Also, application sent, hoping my guy shows up and doesn't get rocketed into the sun just because I wanted him to look like EXALT.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Mountain Lightning posted:

I'm excited for this LP since this game apparently isn't coming out on consoles. Also, application sent, hoping my guy shows up and doesn't get rocketed into the sun just because I wanted him to look like EXALT.

It's coming to consoles: https://xcom.com/news/en-xcom-2-console-PlayStation-4-Xbox-one Probably not much of a mod scene, though.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I soldiered on up! Forgot my loving username though so I sent that through in a second email.

I really hope you can use him AND find the Minsc voicepack for him.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
Application sent. I'm ready to die.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Nice, here's hoping to see that legendary bad rear end again. I sent in the son of James Dean. Can the "Rebel"'s son blow up as many aliens as his pappy could with high explosives?

At least the nickname turned out to be way on the nose. Vive la resistance!

Blind Sally posted:

tbh, my application was Isobel Guitierrez

lookin' forward to MECing up and doing this again:

Ahaha, oh man, that was a thing. Too bad about there being no possibility of getting mec'd, but from the looks of it there will be other awesome things to come. Perhaps made by you, if your Chris Salid picture was anything to go by.

Man, it's like the old endgame crew is getting back together! Now we only need Isis "Saint" Tellar, Alex "Shellshock" Johnson and... oh.

Tony "Kill Steal" White. Rest in peace, buddy. :rip:

And for anyone who feels like spending some time catching up (or reminiscing) while we wait, here's a link to Jade's previous XCOM thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3607006

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
Tossed a soldier in, hope he dies for your amusement!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Scribbleykins posted:

At least the nickname turned out to be way on the nose. Vive la resistance!

Ahaha, oh man, that was a thing. Too bad about there being no possibility of getting mec'd, but from the looks of it there will be other awesome things to come. Perhaps made by you, if your Chris Salid picture was anything to go by.

Man, it's like the old endgame crew is getting back together! Now we only need Isis "Saint" Tellar, Alex "Shellshock" Johnson and... oh.

And for anyone who feels like spending some time catching up (or reminiscing) while we wait, here's a link to Jade's previous XCOM thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3607006

I'm already in the pool from Jade's streaming habits.

He has done horrible things to my armor colors.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

apostateCourier posted:

when doesn't Jade do horrible things to _________________

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

apostateCourier posted:

If giving your MEC troops and highest-ranking soldier colour schemes that make you regret having eyes is wrong, may I never be right.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

Hah! I've cleverly avoided this by sending him a .bin file of Nittien. I assume he'll be too lazy to actively mess with the colors.

I even included a background blurb as a nod to our non-canon past.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

fozzie dunlop posted:

Application sent. I'm ready to die.

I find dying less likely in this game but we'll see how badly Jade can get hosed!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ZenVulgarity posted:

I find dying less likely in this game but we'll see how badly Jade can get hosed!

Judging by how some of his streams have gone, I wouldn't go ruling out death so easily.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Sent a guy to DieForXCom. Looking forward to what delights our alien friends have prepared for him.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Scribbleykins posted:

I was about to say that Tony never died, he kicked too much rear end for that. Then i loaded up the last video from the old Lp and oh, yeah, I remember now. RIP Tony.

Private Botch
Jun 16, 2010
Tony never died. The final mission never happened and we didn't even get to play with that sweet sweet plasma tech. All that was some fevered alcohol induced dream of how things could have been. He's still out there waiting for his chance for redemption.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Looking forward to this! I watched the old Enemy Within playthrough after it was already over, so will be nice to follow this one from the start. And holy poo poo can you make your soldiers look really silly!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Sjonkel posted:

Looking forward to this! I watched the old Enemy Within playthrough after it was already over, so will be nice to follow this one from the start. And holy poo poo can you make your soldiers look really silly!

I know
Isn't it great???

zyxophoj
May 24, 2014
Hey Jade Star, which cosmetic mods do you have? I think I need to know if you have this before submitting a character.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Private Botch posted:

Tony never died. The final mission never happened and we didn't even get to play with that sweet sweet plasma tech. All that was some fevered alcohol induced dream of how things could have been. He's still out there waiting for his chance for redemption.

Hey, he died in our hearts man, in an apocryphal story about what it would take to save all of mankind. That fanfic was the tale of ages for our weary resistance fighters. An alternate history project, to illustrate how things might've been if our govts hadn't just bent over backwards in the face of the alien oppressors! Stand up for yourself and you too can be a selfless psychic badass hero like Tony White probably would have been!

XCOM 2 playthrough-related:
I bought all of the DLCs yesterday, and I have this to say about how they're interacting with my current (early-to-mid-game) run: Oh poo poo. Oh holy poo poo. Oh god, why. You son of a bitch, Jake. You son of a bitch.

So here's to Jade running the same gauntlet! Incidentally, turns out you can kind of kite muton berserkers. Thus, a haiku and a picture:

Berserker rampage
Thank god for grenadiers
And friend gravity

There was something DLC-related there as well, but spoiler policy forbids me to speak of it. I'm just amazed I made it out. And that what remains of that roof is still standing.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Jade do you want me to do videos including a mod fiesta, ala roar

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

zyxophoj posted:

Hey Jade Star, which cosmetic mods do you have? I think I need to know if you have this before submitting a character.

I can easily subscribe to that in the workshop.

To Those of you giving me Bin files; Stop giving yourselves nicnames. The thread will be giving you nicnames.

Except you Veloxyll, Nap Tiiiiime!

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 12, 2016

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Jade Star posted:

I can easily subscribe to that in the workshop.

To Those of you giving me Bin files; Stop giving yourselves nicnames. The thread will be giving you nicnames.

Except you Veloxyll, Nap Tiiiiime!

Your character pool must look incredibly bizarre by now.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Drakenel posted:

Your character pool must look incredibly bizarre by now.

I am very much looking forward to importing it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Gridlocked posted:

I am very much looking forward to importing it.

You and me both. A little Something Awful personality might be just what I need to get my rear end to actually finish this game for once :v:

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Scribbleykins posted:

Never forget. :911:

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

Jade Star posted:

I tried but the character already existed and the game won't let you remove nicks from those who already have it. :(
I'll recreate the character from scratch without a nick... tomorrow. If I don't, just take him off the list.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

geri_khan posted:

I tried but the character already existed and the game won't let you remove nicks from those who already have it. :(
I'll recreate the character from scratch without a nick... tomorrow. If I don't, just take him off the list.

Dont worry about it if you already submitted it. I too ran into the problem of not being able to delete a nickname entry. I hadn't considered you were exporting a premade soldier that had already been ranked up through gameplay and thus already had a nickname.

For those of you wondering about the character pool, as of this post i am 71 entries in and i swear that 50% of you picked the laid back attitude. and about 40% of you picked twitchy. So i am concluding that goons are either too lazy to worry about anything, or anxious as gently caress about everything.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Jade Star posted:

For those of you wondering about the character pool, as of this post i am 71 entries in and i swear that 50% of you picked the laid back attitude. and about 40% of you picked twitchy. So i am concluding that goons are either too lazy to worry about anything, or anxious as gently caress about everything.

Feel free to change mine to By the book for some variation. :cheeky:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

geri_khan posted:

i did the same thing, whoops!
bizarrely it looks like there's no way to remove a nickname, even via mods. i thought i'd be clever and just open the file in notepad and delete the nickname that way, but that just makes the character not show up for import all together.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Jade Star posted:

Dont worry about it if you already submitted it. I too ran into the problem of not being able to delete a nickname entry. I hadn't considered you were exporting a premade soldier that had already been ranked up through gameplay and thus already had a nickname.

Go ahead and change mine to Intense,if you want.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jade Star posted:

i swear that 50% of you picked the laid back attitude. and about 40% of you picked twitchy. So i am concluding that goons are either too lazy to worry about anything, or anxious as gently caress about everything.

true story

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I picked Hard Luck and if anyone else has read my namesake's books you know why :v:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Jade Star posted:

You can change mine to Happy-Go-Lucky if needs be.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
So, I'm the only idiot who picked Intense? :v:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Angry Lobster posted:

I forgot to pick my attitude! Guess that makes my duder Normal.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Angry Lobster posted:

No I did too. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I personally did Happy-Go-Lucky. Kinda surprised at how many people did Twitchy, honestly.

• Locked thread