Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Jade Star posted:

Dont worry about it if you already submitted it. I too ran into the problem of not being able to delete a nickname entry. I hadn't considered you were exporting a premade soldier that had already been ranked up through gameplay and thus already had a nickname.

For those of you wondering about the character pool, as of this post i am 71 entries in and i swear that 50% of you picked the laid back attitude. and about 40% of you picked twitchy. So i am concluding that goons are either too lazy to worry about anything, or anxious as gently caress about everything.

That sounds about accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Jade Star posted:

For those of you wondering about the character pool, as of this post i am 71 entries in and i swear that 50% of you picked the laid back attitude. and about 40% of you picked twitchy. So i am concluding that goons are either too lazy to worry about anything, or anxious as gently caress about everything.

Well I was thinking either Intense or Twitchy, which one is more appropriate for a "could snap and go Joker at any minute"? Because that's what I was building the character based off. If Twitchy works than keep it but if one of the other personalities is better suited for that then feel free to change it :)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Aces High posted:

Well I was thinking either Intense or Twitchy, which one is more appropriate for a "could snap and go Joker at any minute"? Because that's what I was building the character based off. If Twitchy works than keep it but if one of the other personalities is better suited for that then feel free to change it :)

Twitchy in this game tends to be more 'oh god oh god im gonna die THERES A MUTON IN THE BUSH' sort. If I recall correctly getting shaken automatically switches the attitude to tiwtchy.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hmm, so I guess Intense would be more what I was looking for

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Glad I choae Happy-go-lucky then hah.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Don't you dare make me not twitchy. You gotta stay on your toes, man.

Just roleplay the resistance as being a bunch of stoners and meth junkies.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Eh. I submitted an Italian soldier. I figure not even an alien invasion can make the Italians take war seriously.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Angry Lobster posted:

So, I'm the only idiot who picked Intense? :v:

No, mine is too.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Angry Lobster posted:

So, I'm the only idiot who picked Intense? :v:

:same:

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I used laid back because that's the only way my dude would hold his gun away from his chest so I could properly assess his outfit. Also I think it's hard luck soldiers that say "I hope you know what you're doing" constantly when I move them? Of course I know what I'm doing. Don't ever question the Commander, jerk. Whoops look out for that muton pod I activated on the last move of my turn!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Venom Dad has been drafted into XCOM. Godspeed soldies.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...
Here's hoping that Beef Slamchest makes an appearance. I lurked the hell out of the last LP and I'm excited to get the chance to see my stupid baby die to Aliens.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

All Australian's should either be laid back or intense

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SpRahl posted:

Never forget. :911:

My shining moment in X-Com was being mind controlled and shooting Commander 50 Cent in the back of the head. Then doing it again to someone else the next mission.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
This is still my favorite Open XCOM moment

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RBA Starblade posted:

My shining moment in X-Com was being mind controlled and shooting Commander 50 Cent in the back of the head. Then doing it again to someone else the next mission.

I was a star soldier in the LP of XCOM: Apoc. And a reasonable officer in Professor Booty's LP of Long War. I'm hoping Doctor Gridlocked manages to be useful in XCOM 2 for Jade.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Signed up with the most glaringly awful look I can think of. Had to be done.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Cynic Jester posted:

Signed up with the most glaringly awful look I can think of. Had to be done.

You aren't alone!

...Looking at you, Man Whore.

Aeromin
Oct 20, 2010
Don't generally post much but I watch a bunch of Jade's streams and had to send in an abomination. Here's to hoping I die early and fast.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Went with Intense for my ginger Scottish punk rocker/woad raider man.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jade Star posted:

You aren't alone!

Hey it could be worse, you could have 100 applicants with avatar hair.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Jade Star posted:

You aren't alone!

yesssss

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Jade Star posted:

You aren't alone!

I'm starting to worry that my ridiculous soldier is going to be one of the more reasonably dressed.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I have done my duty and signed up to be sacrificed at the first available opportunity. :patriot:

Looking forward to reading another great Jade Star Xcom LP!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I done posted. :patriot:

Awesome to see this. I'm looking forward to it!

zyxophoj
May 24, 2014

ZiegeDame posted:

I'm starting to worry that my ridiculous soldier is going to be one of the more reasonably dressed.

We're going for realism here. The effectiveness of starting armour is accurately depicted by the half-naked outfits from Anarchy's Children, and the hugely popular "Twitchy" attitude is appropriate for a squad that is likely to chain-panic the moment somebody stubs their toe.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Just signed up! My Attitude was Happy-Go-Lucky.

I don't think we're all gonna show up, but at least XCOM 2 have more opportunities for character to show up from.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

zyxophoj posted:

We're going for realism here. The effectiveness of starting armour is accurately depicted by the half-naked outfits from Anarchy's Children, and the hugely popular "Twitchy" attitude is appropriate for a squad that is likely to chain-panic the moment somebody stubs their toe.

Not just that, but XCOM/the resistance is scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point and can't afford to be too picky. A lot of the soldiers' background blurb in-game make a point of mentioning this. So what if the only people willing to fight to the death for the cause want to dress up in biker leather and are using half the weapons budget on hair gel? That freaky Mad Max cosplayer might be all that stands between humanity and destruction!

Besides, it's urban camouflage. Not even the aliens take cosplayers seriously.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Signed up! I am prepared to die horribly to something stupid!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I too, picked intense for some hardcore death march.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!

Jade Star posted:

Ahhh and here I see this post right after I sent in my application requesting Twitchy just because that sounded amusing to me. Go ahead and change mine to Happy-Go-Lucky if you want some variety because that also sounds pretty hilarious for a soldier.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, I don't really understand what impact the different attitudes have so I just went with laid back for want of making a decision, it's definitely open to be changed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Yeah, I don't really understand what impact the different attitudes have so I just went with laid back for want of making a decision, it's definitely open to be changed.

It changes your soldier's default stance, personality, and some voice clips.

Scribbleykins posted:

Not just that, but XCOM/the resistance is scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point and can't afford to be too picky. A lot of the soldiers' background blurb in-game make a point of mentioning this. So what if the only people willing to fight to the death for the cause want to dress up in biker leather and are using half the weapons budget on hair gel? That freaky Mad Max cosplayer might be all that stands between humanity and destruction!

Besides, it's urban camouflage. Not even the aliens take cosplayers seriously.

With Anarchy's Children installed I like to think XCOM recruitment now consists of Bradford going to shady bars and back alleys and shouting "WHO WANTS A GUN".

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And Alien Hunters is the people he recruited from the Bars raiding Tygan's medical waste bin.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kurieg posted:

And Alien Hunters is the people he recruited from the Bars raiding Tygan's medical waste bin.

I look forward to seeing the fight over who gets the Hunters DLC gear.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Even before that, Alien Hunters unlocks salvaged alien helmets/heads for use as headgear in soldier customization.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

RBA Starblade posted:

With Anarchy's Children installed I like to think XCOM recruitment now consists of Bradford going to shady bars and back alleys and shouting "WHO WANTS A GUN".

"Look, as long as it can't be traced back to us... go wild."

"Sorry, what was that? I was too busy stealing this ADVENT transport and turning it into a dune buggy to listen."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The black market provides.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kurieg posted:

Even before that, Alien Hunters unlocks salvaged alien helmets/heads for use as headgear in soldier customization.

"Oh good here comes Bill with the reinforcements they will help us deal with those pesky XCOM resistance fighters."

"Wait what's wrong with Bill? Why is he a foot taller than.... OH MY GOD HE'S WEARING BILL ON HIS HEAD!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Nyaa posted:

The black market provides.

Gridlocked posted:

"Oh good here comes Bill with the reinforcements they will help us deal with those pesky XCOM resistance fighters."

"Wait what's wrong with Bill? Why is he a foot taller than.... OH MY GOD HE'S WEARING BILL ON HIS HEAD!"

Nature uh .... finds a way.

• Locked thread