Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
Man, I really wanted to pick this game up during the summer sale but between the fourth and bills, all I could afford was Prison Architect and Dark Souls 1. Super excited to see how different it is from XCom 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011

Pyroi posted:

If anyone is waiting for a sale on Xcom 2, it's on sale for about $30 on green man gaming.

FFFFFFF-I just bought it on Steam the other day :shepspends:

Ah well, I really wanted it during the summer sale and not being able to afford it then made it so hard to resist, especially with the LP starting.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011

zyxophoj posted:

I cringe every time Jade puts half the squad in cover behind an unexploded car. Always mind your surroundings.
Blast padding might not be such a bad pick if you're going to do that :D.

I had a soldier get vaporized when a car that looked like a junker exploded while he was taking cover behind it. Worst part is, I wasn't paying attention to the feed and didn't realize that he had died since, y'know, the car that started the mission missing four tires and already on fire should have been a burnt out husk and been safe to hide behind.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
I skulljacked the first pod I saw on a convoy raid before I had seen Vipers or anything like that. It...went badly. Not game over badly, but bad enough that I scrapped that run.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011

EggsAisle posted:

So I'm thinking about picking this game up since it's on sale. It looks like fun and I'm enjoying EU/EW, but I'm hesitant about the bug/glitch situation. Everyone loves to say "fix your game, Jake" but to what degree do the errors actually detract from gameplay? I'm a little bothered by reports of LoS bugs/shooting through solid walls and such- it's already frustrating when it happens in EU/EW, and it sounds like it's even worse this time around?

I never felt like there were that many bugs/glitches that impacted my game, and I feel like the actual story progression in XCOM 2 has been better than EU. I just laugh when I see one of my dudes shoot through a wall and kill something, so that may be why it doesn't bug me much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
Can I vote we name someone else Empanada, if only to confuse Jade even more? Otherwise, I'm absolutely for Siobhan "Shredder" Mackenzie and Eph "Beef" Phatha.

• Locked thread