Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
May you all die by the hundreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It has both of those things.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Gridlocked posted:

JadeStar please also remember to edit the list that mission names can be generated from so we can have Operation: Goon Christmas and Operation: Dick Butt

Shhhh don't ruin the surprise

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

He's just using Capnbub's head gear.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nah we do this all the time in Jadestream.

Creating a haiku was the get-in card for original XCOM.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You can use the LW Toolbox mod to seamlessly change the squad cap in game. I mentioned to jade there was a mod that gives EXP to soldiers that don't go on missions so that more people can die and the A-team's death won't be a game ruining scenario but he's very confident that things will turn out A-OK

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

No, it works fine.

What needs to be fixed is soldier customization randomizing every time new armor is equipped.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Jake was on fire

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Tony White will always steal kills.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Jade and Guava are recording :neckbeard:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

About Bradford's gun, is it a legit thing to have two scopes on the top of a gun? Or is it a scope > laser sight kind of thing because that looks impossible to use or not worth it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

WOW, thanks for telling me I wasn't crazy, Guava. I always thought I could put extraction points on soldiers but then when I've been playing recently I couldn't do that. That's loving lame, I need a mod to fix that, no reason for that to have been 'patched.'

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

That video gets posted for all sorts of reasons and it's never not funny or worth watching through again :allears:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Canuck-Errant posted:

Here's a picture.

:five:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You could not have picked a better time to post with that avatar, i'm just saying :lol:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

XCOM 2 is basically the game Kenny was playing in that South Park episode where Heaven's angels needed him to lead them into battle.

You are Kenny. Engage in the most epic fight too good to be seen.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

We need a DLC where Tygan joins in on a mission as a badass psionic user.

Jade was streaming Shen's Last Gift one night and someone brought up Tygan being potentially the star of a DLC. My response was:

"Tygan should show up on a mission in a doctor octopus like exo suit or that thing out of the Alien movie and be like 'COMMANDER! I COULD NOT HAVE PREDICTED HOW BADASS I AM, IT IS INTRIGUING."

e. Tygan vs. Vahlen in a psionic duel would kind of make the year for me though.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

JAIDS has already struck during a stream tonight. No telling how this will affect the LP.

:suicide:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I agree with all of this.

I just assume "eccentric" involves a lot more... war crimes.

That is my area of expertise.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

just go with the flow

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

To be fair Jade looked over it too before the LP.

So I'll only take credit/responsibility for the good ones :D

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

One thing to keep in mind about enemy scattering when you overwatch them, cover still applies, if they are running along it.

I only discovered this after someone mentioned it in the Xcom thread and finally got Perfect Information mod to work.

Speaking of starting right next to aliens who spot you, that's been happening ever since Shen's Last Gift. I don't think it's mods. I'm pretty sure that's a fine example of 'Fix your game, Jake.'

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Angry Lobster, simultaneously the Resistance's Greatest and Worst hero.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Gunslinger snipers are the answer to the strongest enemies in the game to be honest.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You can install Commander's Choice mod to change their class at Squaddie. There are console commands too but it will reset their rank.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Jade lives only to be disappointed and suffer.

Also make two gunslingers and ignore sniping because the revolvers have more class and get useful earlier.

Unless a certain thing happens that happened to Jade during a stream, then you can use rifles.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

She'll be in charge of training you all to go gently caress up 99% shots in the field.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

A mod does in fact exist that shows you what the hacks are and your chance just from the hack tooltip on the target.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

I swear to god the Resistance in this game is composed of the sort of people who post Sectoid decapitation videos on youtube.

Link? Asking for a friend.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nothing is broken, except what Jake needs to fix, like floating Advent Officer puppet that acts as full cover.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I also hate the seeded RNG nature of everything about this game. Hacking always bugs me because your roll is decided before you even look at it and the chances are superfluous. There's just something wrong with not technically being the one to throw the dice.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 19, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I used to say they only have the RNG set up the way they do primarily so overwatches would actually hit multiple enemies and not everyone just shooting something the second it is the first one in line of sight and wasting ammo or blowing a trap meant for multiple guys.

But then a mod came out that let you set up overwatch cones to effectively watch for certain guys doing things and also there's a custom class mod that targets specific guys when they do act so maybe Jake was just lazy :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The point is that the player is not technically throwing the dice and enjoying good fortune or ruing bad luck, it takes away the feeling of making real decisions and it's really just a "ok, am I going to be screwed doing this?" which, yes, would still be a question, but it wouldn't be the only question. You can at least feel like it's fair when you get the chance to make the move and see how it turns out, how to work with it, instead of it changing at the whim or being decided in advance. I know that combat is handled in the same way but variables like cover, threat of revealing more, and the AI making some very stupid decisions (especially in this LP so far) can balance the scales very well. In the case of hacking, the consequence of failure is severe enough (potentially campaign ruining early on) that only safe plot hacks will be made.

I 100% acknowledge this is minor but it bugs the hell out of me and always will. Actions should be calculated the moment they are taken.

Spudd posted:

Does Blademaster buff the damage of a certain ability in the not-sword sword you get later?

Like some people have said it becomes more and more useless as the game gets later but now, like right now, it's a Godsend... and kinds op.

There's a mod that fixed the damage not being added when you threw it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Lightning Reflexes is in the AWC too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Hurslcarls

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Twitch deleted it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Zomborgon posted:

Go to ...\XCOM 2\XComGame\Localization\INT (or whatever language you play in, INT is english)

Open XComGame.int (the file extension is the localization abbreviation) in your favorite text editor.

Find the beginning of the name list. It begins with [XGCharacterGenerator], so use a find function on that tag.
Then, replace every name in quotations with Skippy (for first names) and Granola (for last), or whatever variation you desire. You may wish to figure some way to automate this process, perhaps using regular expressions.

This will make every single generated character- soldier, VIP, or otherwise- have the name Skippy Granola. Feel free to add as many variants you desire within the namelist; as one may expect, increasing the frequency of any variant will weight that variant to appear more.

Let it be noted: I have not tested the above, but that's how the same process worked for XCOM EU/EW. Given that the mission name list is in that same file and has been altered successfully, I assume this will work as well.
Additionally, I have no idea whether or not this will apply the name list to a current save.

I briefly explored the possibility of changing the random name pool since Jade planned on using the char pool all the way, that way we'd have silly civ names.

However I was not prepared for the size of that random name pool and we dismissed it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

XCOM EW LP reminder: if you try to give yourself a nickname you will be nicknamed Bad Form.

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Godnnelg posted:

I paid the 25 intel cost to reveal the 3rd event.

Man you aren't kidding...

Still salvageable.

• Locked thread