Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

While I may have sent my own death warrant, under Jade's steady hand may we only meet two UFOs and three tight time limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Lunethex posted:

About Bradford's gun, is it a legit thing to have two scopes on the top of a gun? Or is it a scope > laser sight kind of thing because that looks impossible to use or not worth it.

Bradford's gun is definitely something, as we'll soon see. It's pretty cool to see all the story set up after beating the game so many times. The Tutorial is alright, especially compared to the first game's one. It's also good you're playing Commander, cause it means you can actually use Sword Rangers and they're not mediocre unlike Legendary. Actually, I'm trying to remember if my Sword Rangers were mediocre even on Commander.

Also, once this tutorial stuff is over and done with, are we going to see the actual Gatecrasher mission and just ditch this campaign? Cause right now, you're sitting at two losses, a lack of corpses and supplies and you couldn't even go down to Engineering! To be frank, Commander, you lost the war before you even started.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

We need a DLC where Tygan joins in on a mission as a badass psionic user.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's okay, keep justifying yourself, Vahlen.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

On Legendary grenades do either 3 or 4 damage, but the chance of you actually doing 4 damage is about the chance of Advent missing a Marked soldier behind half cover. And not critting for 8 damage. I've only seen it once or twice and it was marginally useful, but the guy now having no cover was much more useful. Especially because I love Absolutely Critical.

Also #TeamSniper. They're fantastic when you use them properly, whereas Gunslingers take a little while to get going. Though they're still not as amazing as a Grenadier or a Ranger, I'll grant.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Sectoids in XCOM 2 are easier because there's less of them around. You'll get just the one in the first mission in 2 compared to the 8 you faced in 1.

Also Phantom Rangers are amazing and when you use them effectively you can activate all the pods on the map when you want to. If you lose your concealment, then that's why you give them Battle Scanners and be amazing that way. With just how meh Blade Rangers are, espeically on Legendary, it makes them a harder sell. And even on Legendary, you can very easily take out a pod with three guys if you activate them on your terms, but having Squad Size 1 does make it much more consistent.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That's great for killing reinforcements if you plant them close. Or, you could get your Phantom Ranger as close to an inactive pod as you can, activate them and watch the carnage.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It turns out your computer was a Faceless the whole time!!!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Commander, I seem to have wiped the hard drives and caused a bluescreen by opening Paint. I could not have predicted this outcome.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's not too surprising the Sniper got hurt when Jade put her in sight range of the enemy and in half cover. I believe the AI sometimes prioritizes hitting Snipers when they get the chance, since they often don't get the chance. Cause the Sniper should never be in sight range of the enemy.

Aah, the amount of times a Stun Lancer has dashed out from the fog to 6 crit knock out my soldier. Beautiful.

Also, Legendary can be fun... when you find Commander isn't doing it for you anymore. It's Impossible that's a pile of luck garbage.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 24, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

6 aliens? What is this, Veteran? People better start dying in this game, Commander!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

I can't wait for the next mission I'm this LP, it's the Shen DLC finally, right?

Aye. I really like this mission, the music is excellent, Shen is fun to use, it can get pretty tense and the ending is pretty darn tough. Or you get lucky and cheese it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Wow, I didn't realize in Commander you face like half the robots you would do in Legendary. That starting section has 4 turrets, so hacking one to draw the fire is usually a good idea. Then after activating the Spark, so many turrets and robots spawn it becomes a real rush to make it to the elevators without anyone dying. Thankfully there's a lot of places you can put your soldiers to avoid the turret sights. Best you can do is make sure the Spark doesn't take a load of damage like a fuckin' moron.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I can say that I've done this mission on Legendary with Ballistics/Kevlar. It was NOT FUN. Shen and Spark are really goddamn fragile.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well that's what you get for putting Lobster into low, aka lovely, cover. Also what you get for not getting Suppression, as Julian tends to just miss with all three shots when he's suppressed. Very helpful, especially when combined with holotargeting so no one else misses their shot. Cause this thing has 100HP on Legendary. And maybe 7 armour? I forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's a shame she has Scanning Protocol in such a rigid mission, but she's otherwise an excellent addition.

• Locked thread