Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Adam Scott is garbage and I'm never picking him again. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Josh Lyman posted:

Adam Scott is garbage and I'm never picking him again. :colbert:

#truth

Also Lowry is -2 through 2 so at least now he's only at +5

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The wind is absolutely destroying these guys!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, but seriously, Adam Scott squandered being on the lucky side of the draw, which the top 14 players all had.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Spieth is anything but robotic.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Halo14 posted:

Spieth is anything but robotic.

Yeah usually if you give a robot a task they'll complete it quickly and efficiently.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Shrapnig posted:

Yeah usually if you give a robot a task they'll complete it quickly and efficiently.

Indeed.

Hoping Day can post a good score here today.

e. Christ he can hit that driver

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 16, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Adam Scott is scrub tier. Could've started the final round just 4 back of Sergio giving me a chance to win but went 3 over on 17 and 18.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Adam Scott is scrub tier. Could've started the final round just 4 back of Sergio giving me a chance to win but went 3 over on 17 and 18.

Let's be honest, if it's another poo poo day tomorrow I think any of us have a chance. I mean an obvious Sergio collapse is in order which brings us all back in contention. :classiclol:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

mattfl posted:

Let's be honest, if it's another poo poo day tomorrow I think any of us have a chance. I mean an obvious Sergio collapse is in order which brings us all back in contention. :classiclol:

Not alllll of us :(

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yes, Sergio collapse is imminent. Rosie's going to pull off the win for me.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

BCRock posted:

Yes, Sergio collapse is imminent. Rosie's going to pull off the win for me.

Yeah that's not going to happen.

Tour Preferred X from Lostgolfballs request incoming.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I'm officially a curse. Way to go Louis

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there a joke I'm missing?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
A bit sadistic I know but there should be so much more links golf played by pros. This is fascinating seeing them in bad weather and dealing with pot bunkers.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Halo14 posted:

A bit sadistic I know but there should be so much more links golf played by pros. This is fascinating seeing them in bad weather and dealing with pot bunkers.

Seems to me that the pros just hit too far and too accurately in good conditions. The guys who prepare the courses (like the US open) compensate by making the greens stupid fast and hard.

It's much more entertaining to watch these guys have to manage the high winds and pot bunkers.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
That all comes down to course design. If you have the right conditions every course should be challenging, rather than just adding length with super hard and fast greens.

The problem with a lot of the courses on the pga tour is they conform to tiger proofing where they make the course as long as possible and remove the width on the fairway. Which seems like a hangover to tiger domination and it removed finesse play.

If they truly want to bring fairness back into the game on a pro level they need to shorten the holes by adding hazards into the area that Day, JD and Rory can reach and make them play to the same length as an average driver can hit.

Reward skilled play not length. I'd rather watch the top players play a links course rather then another TPC stadium course any day of the week. But at the end of the day the major money is in the US so they dictate the rules.

Dimebag fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 17, 2016

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Oh poor Kuchar :suicide: Postage stamp strikes again.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Josh Lyman posted:

Is there a joke I'm missing?

Troon is a relatively common slur used for trans- people. I (and presumably the guy I quoted) find it funny that this tournament is effectively named "Royal Tranny". It doesn't help that troon is, independent of its use as a pejorative, a really funny word.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

GeneX posted:

Troon is a relatively common slur used for trans- people. I (and presumably the guy I quoted) find it funny that this tournament is effectively named "Royal Tranny". It doesn't help that troon is, independent of its use as a pejorative, a really funny word.

Shut up nerd.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
STENSON

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Stenson and Lefty are having a loving US Open playoff and it's lit

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is some of the best golf I've ever seen in a final pairing.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Stenson :sweden: has made like 60 feet worth of birdie putts already.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Claret Jug is one of my favorite trophies in all of sports.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
PHIL how did you do that!!! Amazing

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sensational putt by Phil. Absolutely unbelievable play here

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Me watching this https://vine.co/v/O2AlKFazThU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
holy gently caress :stare:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Stenson has entered the matrix

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

that walk-in from Stenson

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the hole must look like a loving garbage can to Stenson rn

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Killer putt by Stenson.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It's over. Stenson is untouchable

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I have never done anything like this in golf videogames

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I would be very happy with Stenson winning this. I used to think he came across as kind of a dick, but it was just his steely Swedish stare :allears:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Phil needs an eagle here

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/Adam_Sarson/status/754720015203573760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU