Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

tumor looking batty posted:

I haven't read the whole op but why do opeople hate Travis browne?

Looks dumb, fights dumb, has had inexplicable success despite fighting dumb. Fights like he watched one Dominic Cruz fight and went "hey that style is cool" and tried to imitate it without the technical chops to do it, but gets away with it often because heavyweights are bad.

On the positive side for him, his knockout of Struve is a classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Notable SA MMA event: the Colemancaust, where posters collectively lost a grand or two by deciding that +350 odds for 44 year old Mark Coleman to beat Randy Couture was just too good an offer to pass up.

As opposed to Jase1, our resident high rolling gambling legend.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

VagueRant posted:

I strongly feel that DC is a roider/doper too. I think if he was clean, he would've verbally HAMMERED Jones for this. But between his complete silence on the matter and his immediate desire to fight him anyway really had me wondering.

Dude still seems like a nice guy and I respect that he agreed to fight anyone and everyone, but yeah. Like Nate says.

Or he just doesn't feel like talking/is tired of it???? It's not like he hasn't called him out in the past on it. He's not a great talker but his *i'm in awe of the ridiculousness of Jon Jones ability to be a two faced garbage human person* face is practically a meme around here, some dude has it as his avatar.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Joanna beating Penne is up there with Velasquez-Bigfoot and Miller-Lauzon in one of the most violent one-sided beatdowns in the company history. You feel a little guilty watching matches like that where someone so obviously has nothing for the opponent and is just getting brutalized, but I'll be damned if it ain't mesmerising.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 14, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
e: meant velasquez bigfoot

Velasquez Browne was also cool, but I watched Velasquez Bigfoot with several people who hadn't watched MMA before and they were pretty sure someone was gonna die in the ring.

There was a moment in that fight where Bigfoot was completely covered in blood, and then they brought the doctor in to check it out and we were like "oh thank god he's stopping it"....and then he waved for it to continue and we all started screaming NO NO NO at the TV.

e2: I also just remembered those guys fought twice for some inexplicable reason. The first one is the memorable one.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 14, 2016

• Locked thread