Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Baron La Croix posted:

So who's this Tito Ortiz guy? As a wrestling fan, I only known him as an awkward nodding man with a head like a dang ol' baked potato.

He was a UFC Light Heavyweight Champion a long time ago when the promotion was less competitive. He is notoriously dumb and lame for a myriad of reasons too long to list but I'll jot out the first few that come to mind
  • lost his first title shot by tapping to strikes against an opponent roughly 1.5 weight classes smaller than him
  • made up obviously false excuses after every fight whether he won or lost, such as that he was fighting with a fractured skull or a broken back
  • ducked Chuck Liddell for years, at one point claiming that he was close friends with Chuck and they had a standing agreement not to fight one another, to which Chuck said he was lying and there was no agreement and furthermore they weren't friends at all
  • lost the Light Heavyweight belt to Randy Couture in a fight where Couture dominated him so utterly that at one point Randy literally spanked his bottom while loudly laughing

I could go on but I've already wasted enough time (2 minutes) thinking about Tito Ortiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

Note that JJ did not participate in that season of TUF for whatever reason.

IIRC they only wanted English-speaking fighters and she hadn't got very far with her language lessons at that point

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dangersim posted:

That's impressive but I think not looking at her level of competition is being dishonest

Right, a lot of her accuracy and volume result from her opponents being unable to threaten her with their own offense, and being very hittable because they don't know how to move or defend strikes. Weakness in their cardio training is probably the single biggest factor, though, because she really unloads and lands at will when her opponents begin to slow down. She's absolutely a talented striker but in more equal fights she'd be less productive and less accurate. Imagine what kind of numbers Condit could post if he was looking at a similar skill gap.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

attackmole posted:

There was a moment in that fight where Bigfoot was completely covered in blood, and then they brought the doctor in to check it out and we were like "oh thank god he's stopping it"....and then he waved for it to continue and we all started screaming NO NO NO at the TV.

Bigfoot was on his back and Cain cut him up real bad, especially on the bridge of his nose which was gushing blood directly into his eye sockets so he was blind. Referee stood them up to check, and when Bigfoot was vertical the blood wasn't running into his eyes. They also wiped him down with a towel so the doctor could examine the cuts. Lo and behold, his vision was completely fine and he was good to continue the fight! So the referee restarted them on the ground with Cain in half guard, where Bigfoot obviously went blind again the instant his back hit the canvas, and Cain beat the poo poo out of him for the stoppage. It was kind of amazing to watch an MMA referee and a doctor both forget that blood flows in a different direction when you're standing up versus laying on your back.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

WickedHate posted:

Hey, I said from a third person perspective. I just want to be entertained is all.

I guess look for fights where Dan Henderson, Roy Nelson, or Anthony "Rumble" Johnson won by KO and see if those do anything for you.

• Locked thread