Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Bluedeanie posted:

If punches don't seem weight enough to you, you should check out some ~Phantom Cam~ highlights.

The Phantom Cam is just a fancy word for the high def slow mo cameras the UFC got ahold of as part of the FOX broadcast deal. At least for a while they put out a Phantom Cam highlight for pretty much every big card, and they really let you see the pepper on every shot that didn't look Iike much in real time. You can search on YouTube and find a whole bunch, but I like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZhiYp6sEM

the whole image of JDS standing totally straight with his arms down getting punched is the weirdest poo poo and i don't know why he does that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

yeah... like some old school boxing fights, you too can see this guys brain getting permanent damage in real time!

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

Yeah I've never understood the assertion 'he's not the same!' *beats the current literal world champion* *loses against the next title challenger who has always had the capacity to kill anyone* *gently caress up rothwell*

i wanted him to quit after that third fight, and then he got knocked out pretty hard. Glad to see a return to bouncy feet jds tho

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Diving to save penalties is almost always a complete guess, I'm not sure it's a great analogy.

on the other hand buffon managed to guess right every single time during the european championship penalties against germany,

which was like, 10 times or something
some people are just better at that stuff

• Locked thread