Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LobsterMobster posted:

Dear new UFC fans, a man named John Lineker fights on Wednesday. He is rad as hell.

He is a goon hero due to weighing too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Freudian slippers posted:

McCain is married to the Anheuser-Busch heiress. They make Budweiser. Bud sponsors boxing.

Ninja edit: And in later years, the UFC.
Ninja-ninja edit: Which happily coincides with when McCain started to reevaluate his stance on MMA.

He received a ton of money from boxing directly, no need to make connections. He'd also been ringside at a boxing match where a fighter died making his opposition to UFC hilarious.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dangersim posted:

Well he's walked out to it in the past

Could just mean the guy who inherited his phone number likes 'em.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lazy like a Fox posted:

Speaking of Roy Nelson- I used to really like watching TUF (there's something about the possibility of a lovely person getting punched in the face on every episode that makes it must see for me) but I haven't really had a chance to watch anything after the Roy Nelson/Kimbo Slice season (9? 10?). Who are the most notable fighters from recent seasons? The best matches? What drunk rear end drama and ridiculous producer-created plot twists did I miss? Are the international seasons any good? Thanks!

Season 11 isn't a good season but you need to watch the coaches challenges between Chuck and Tito.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Sphinxster posted:

Russow/Duffee and Reem vs Easter Island Statue Head are good/funny hw fights although some of the contestants aren't as fat and gassed as we'd like.

Took me a minute to remember Overeem/Bigfoot just because there have been so many hilarious Overeem losses.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that hunt/manhoef excerpt makes me wish i was critically unemployed enough to do a retrospective thread for the dream/sengoku era. it was all kind of ghetto but there were some really great moments even outside of the stuff people remember (like eddie alvarez, aoki losing a bunch). that fight between tokoro and hiroyuki takaya where there were about 3 kos was bananas.

Let us never forget the Sengoku that occured in the Saitama Super Arena lobby during a concert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Haha wasn't it for the black eyed peas?

I think so. It's kind of cool to watch MMA at 3 AM and see this giant window looking out at a city in daylight.

• Locked thread