Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Agile Vector posted:

gently caress you if you dont like ge and their everything line of anything

im very happy with my GE oven/range. it's incredibly needs suiting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i have GE icecube trays around here someplace

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

consumer electronics have allowed pokemon go to exist therefore they are bad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Number19 posted:

consumer electronics have allowed pokemon go to exist therefore they are bad

It isn't any worse than you using a cell phone app to find a woman you could dump your depressed wife for lmao

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my zojirushi makes perfect rice every time and has a timer and retractable cord which owns

also it plays a little song when rice is ready :shobon:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
zojirushi best ricemaker of all time

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

zojirushi best insulated thermos of all time

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

How does it make rice while blind!?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
if I wanted a bunch of empty calories I'd go blow someone in the apple thread

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

zojirushi best

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i mean lookit that fuckin elephant

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Bloody posted:

i mean lookit that fuckin elephant

:quig:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah for this q t pi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMN0jAENzIg

:kimchi:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

theyre almost entirely bad op

back in the day you could convince yourself with some degree of optimism that if you were buying a brand new car, it could last you the rest of your life

you can't even do that with cars anymore, and god forbid you try to apply that kind of thinking to a cell phone or computer or home appliance

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

zojirushi best of all time

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i got a UE Roll bluetooth speaker and it is very good

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

theyre almost entirely bad op

back in the day you could convince yourself with some degree of optimism that if you were buying a brand new car, it could last you the rest of your life

you can't even do that with cars anymore, and god forbid you try to apply that kind of thinking to a cell phone or computer or home appliance

mostly because said car would kill you in a horrible easily preventable accident within 3-5 years

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sweevo posted:

the things you own end up owning you

not until they can toss me in the trash they don't

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Wirecutter is extremely good, op

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Foo posted:

i got a UE Roll bluetooth speaker and it is very good

i have a UE mini boom and it's pretty bad
the iphone app has never worked
it gets out sync after 30 minutes when paired to my apple tv unlike my $20 wireless ear buds
doesnt show battery status on my iphone like my $20 wireless ear buds
and it reboots from low battery even though it's always plugged in

sounds pretty good though

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Captain Foo posted:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Bloody posted:

mostly because said car would kill you in a horrible easily preventable accident within 3-5 years

exactly

those were the good ole days

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

just poking around this site for teh first time and their opinions are all poo poo???

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i use the think the wirecutter was good, then i bought the recommended Sennheiser OCX 685i sport earbuds
they broke in pocket and i had to superglue it back together and now they are more durable then new

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ya i was looking at their headphone recommendations which are particularly lol

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i got their old wi-fi speaker recommendation (pioneer a4) and it sucks poo poo. sound is awful.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i got a dash cam that wirecutter recommended and it was the most garabge loving piece of poo poo unusable trash in the universe

i completely don't get why people think they are an authoritative source for loving anything i doubt they can pick matching socks in the morning even if the pairs were folded together

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i don't think the wirecutter is to blame when they recommend the least bad version of a garbage product

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the thing about the wirecutter is that they typically remove 90% of the contenders just by looking at spec sheets and they only end up testing the few "finalists" which makes no sense when you have things like headphones where there's literally thousands of options

the bookshelf speakers they picked are pretty good though, dali zensors and the elac b series are deece

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i prefer The Sweet Home since they have more concrete criticisms about things like irons and pillows and towels

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

they were pretty good when they started but I feel like they aren't that useful these days

also check out their "inner vision" posts, it's like a distillation of the worst imaginable lifehacker content

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
me looking for thing: search amazon for thing, go to category for thing, remove search text, see what #1 best seller is, eyeball it up and down for 3 minutes, if nothing screams "gently caress that" hit buy now with prime.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

so you're a consumer? heh.

:smugbert:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sniep posted:

me looking for thing: search amazon for thing, go to category for thing, remove search text, see what #1 best seller is, eyeball it up and down for 3 minutes, if nothing screams "gently caress that" hit buy now with prime.

its amazing anyone can buy anything on amazon the site is so bad.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Shaggar posted:

its amazing anyone can buy anything on amazon the site is so bad.

it works well for non technical women and children

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

wirecutter is still sometimes ok, but lately more often than not i use their articles as a starting point for doing my own research. they can do a good job of filtering through the bullshit out there, and often bring up issues you might not notice on your own or find in customer reviews

and then sometimes they got the weirdest poo poo. like reviewing breathalyzers. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-personal-breathalyzer/

they must have been paid for that

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sniep posted:

it works well for non technical women and children

i cant imagine

it returns so many bad results thanks to keyword spamming (i assume) and the marketplace is a nightmare too. basically you need a model number to not make it a TOTAL slog

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Keep Posting. I'm reloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
we esteemed editors at the wire cutter have done 420 hours of research and determined that your posts are bad.

click here to buy a post on Amazon [sponsored link]

• Locked thread