Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, then I got to Welch's intro.

I'm gonna need a lot of alcohol to get through this LP, aren't I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
How many more crab fights do we have to get through before we get to see more unbearable anime cliches?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
It's like watching a comedy duo act, except one half of the duo has only heard of comedy in passing and the other half was told that this was going to be a serious drama scene.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Of all the LPs I'm following, this is definitely the one with the most barely-relevant Precure references.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Shei-kun posted:

So where should I start with PreCure? Since what little I've seen is adorable and I want to get the barely relevant references, but from what little I know about the series it's like asking "so what's Kamen Rider"?

At the risk of outing myself as a horrible nerd, start with Go Princess Precure. The first episode should be a pretty good indicator of whether or not you'll enjoy any of the rest of it.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Please post a new update every 11 minutes for the remainder of the year.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
That fight had no business being half an hour long.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Remember, Limb is fifteen years old.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
This is some of the worst cutscene direction I've seen in my entire life.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
I'm at least 50% sure that's supposed to be episode 43.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Zagglezig posted:

Maybe that merchant dude from Dragon Quest 4.

DQ4 also had Borya, who's at least in his sixties, if not older.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

megane posted:

You know... maybe it's pedantic of me, but I really hate the way this series drops its own name. In Star Ocean 1 the phrase "star ocean" is made up by a girl from Roak when she sees space for the first time. It's this defining moment for the sci-fi/fantasy thing the whole series is theoretically about. But every sequel has it casually thrown around by the space-faring people as well, with no explanation, so it's just... random slang, I guess? I dunno, it just bothers me. It'd be like if every Final Fantasy game made of point of having a line like "uh oh, this looks like it'll be our FINAL FANTASY right guys?"

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

MrLonghair posted:

For Atelier games the ones that would not get you on a government list

Wait, what the gently caress goes on in this series? I thought it was some wholesome RPGs about doing alchemy or something.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
The weirdest thing about this game for me might be how disconnected it feels. Every part of the game is a totally new plot thread that seems to have nothing to do with anything that's happened before it, like they were all written by different people, then incorporated into the game in random order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Shoeless posted:

So I was thinking what the various characters might do if they weren't doing this. And I think Arumat would be perfect doing work at a deli, taking sandwich orders.

"Prepare yourself, Diabolic Wedge!"

Using his laser scythe to cut custom topiaries.

"Prepare yourself, Diabloic Hedge!"

• Locked thread