Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i'm going to watch. i need to know what happened to my academy friends.

I just want to see what the deal with Chiaki is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

i hope the ghost of robot junko is the villain this time

Good news it was mentioned there was two AI junkos so we still got a spare one!!!

Butt Ghost posted:

Wasn't Chiaki just a program?

Kodaka indicated otherwise vaguely on twitter but :iiam:

Baal posted:

I'm gonna watch this and see if I like it but DR2 and Ultra Despair Girls was bad so i have low expectations

DR1 was good but not exceptional, DR2 was better. :colbert:

spinoff I never got around to finishing because it was lame so guess I agree there.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 13, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I never quite got the love for Chiaki. Like, in the context of the game she is a good person, but she's not terrible interesting or funny as a character.

My favorites are Mahiru, Ibuki's FKMT/tengu face (which is its own character), Hajime, and the tsundere yakuza guy.

Cute gamer girl who is also one of the nicer members of the cast, has some amusing lines and a memorable death sequence. She also contrasts nicely to Nagito who is also a very popular character.

ViggyNash posted:

I never got the impression she was another AI like Usami. Pretty much everything about her relationship with Future Foundation sounded like she was a real person who got sent in with the crazies to ensure a smooth transition.

My bet is that Chiaki dies at some point and is sucked into a USB drive or whatever nonsense AI Junko was.

What was the deal with AI Junko anyways. I played the game in Japanese and didn't quite understand what she actually was.

Lord Koth posted:

Basically, this trial just gave him an excuse to brutalise Naegi a bit. Assuming a large chunk of the characters die, I don't see the boxer surviving - regardless of whether he's a traitor or just a giant rear end.

I kinda hope it's the latter. I think ever antagonist in Danganronpa is straight up evil, insane, remorseful or misguided but not actually that bad.

My favorite antagonists are ones that do what they do just out of sheer bloody minded spite. :allears:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 15, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

FPzero posted:

I'm hoping we see the DR2 survivors show up in the Future Arc, because I'd like to see him again.

I feel like that's unlikely because of the intentional vagueness at the end of DR2 but this early on :iiam:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Hmm, the "our" there seems pretty deliberate. Alright, I'll accept she's an AI of the original. But now I'm worried about what happened to the original...

I'm pretty sure that "our" was Monomi and Chiaki, in that they were both made by Alter Ego/Chihiro.

On the other hand both of the other AIs in the series were based off dead people, so who knows.

Butt Ghost posted:

I guess there could always be some twist, but they've said that they chose V3 to be unrelated to the previous games.

Kodaka basically said that this was all he felt a need to do with the Hope's Peak Academy arc, and anything he does with the series in the future will be unrelated. So anything else will probably be terrible as he won't be working on it, considering past trends. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 19, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
DR is hardly based in reality but I feel like it'd be unlikely to be Nagito. He wouldn't be doing much of anything with the kind of cancer he apparently has/d.

a cartoon duck posted:

turn the main twist into a meme so it's even better

To be fair I'm almost 100% certain that was unintentional, unless you meant during the DR2 LP. Then I dunno.

of all the probations and bans I've gotten, the DR thread one is the one I'm most ashamed of.

MattTheDoctor posted:

Either way, now I've had time to simmer down about the ending I'm definitely interested in seeing where the series goes

That's what really interests me. I'm not sure if the idea is for v3 to be in the same universe as DR1/2, but feature primarily new characters, or if it's supposed to effectively be a reset in a whole new setting with new rules and whatnot.

I assumed it was the former because otherwise it'd make ADG even more pointless and dumb than it already is but :iiam:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wonder if Chiaki being the student council rep is supposed to be foreshadowing or a red herring because of the amount of death flags she's raising.

e: I could've sworn there was a tweet confirming she was in v3? Or maybe that was just the DR3 anime.

Ytlaya posted:

Even though I know the whole setting is absurd on purpose, I continue to find it funny how skills like "is really good at making confections" or "is good at farming" are apparently useful for being elite anti-terrorism operatives (or in the case of the remnants of despair, how classical Japanese dancing or photography would make you some huge dangerous threat).

I don't think they're actually supposed to be useful so much as pretty much everyone involved with Hope's Peak is a crazy and/or an idiot.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 7, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

fractalairduct posted:

I read a probably-crappy translation of it, so I can't say for sure either way. I suppose I could also be misremembering.

Well you DID call him Izuku... :haw:

voltcatfish posted:

i'm also a fan of cliched love stories so i'm looking forward to real nanami and izuru reuniting in the final ep

she's dead as heck, jim.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 19, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Watching this is making me realize that I don't think I like Junko as a villain. Despair is such a vague catch-all motive, and her curazy being so unpredictable feels kind of lazy to me. She just does whatever the plot needs her to do. She just feels the fate on random people because they'll be important later.

I liked her when she was the villain of the first game and thats about it, because it foreshadowed her being the villain a bit and waved away the dumb stuff with "does it REALLY matter?"

Junko sucks and i hope the DRv3 villain dunks on her somehow.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I kind of don't see how you can dislike Junko too much and even like the franchise. She embodies it in a lot of ways. I mean, she literally is Monokuma, who is in no uncertain terms the series mascot.

Intense and overwrought sometimes. Flighty, flaky, and impossible to take serious the rest of the time. Am I talking about the character Enoshima Junko or Danganronpa itself?

I like the other characters and seeing them interact for the most part, as well as trying to figure out the greater mystery behind their situation as they try to escape it. The villain that facilitates the situation is ultimately not that important.

Kinda like 999, imo.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 19, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
mitari will be chef boyardee and his anime will be dilbert

Baal posted:

The villain that facilitates the situation is actually super important and your trying to divorce them from that does not change that they are the sole reason everything has happened.

you know how in pokemon giovani wants to kidnap pikachu but it's really jessie and jams that try to take him from ash? it's like that.

Ytlaya posted:

Eh, while I agree with respect to the first two games, it's kinda true for Zero Time Dilemma.

Is that the new one? I lost track of what is called which.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think the logic behind Junko is she targets people she thinks will listen to her, which ends up being the entire upper class as far as we know and the 5 warriors of hope. Everything else is because she picks good targets, like Monaca gives her the facilities to produce a bunch of Monokumas, and Kuzuryu and Sonia give her resources and man power, everyone else just insures she has leaders and a few pretty useful talents for actually spreading her message.

The deification is an in universe thing, Junko isn't actually all that capable on her own. What she is good at is warping people's personalities, which is also weirdly enough something Naegi does to a lesser extent. So I imagine if you ever played as Junko it would be school mode in reverse, you learn about peoples problems and give them awful advice instead of good advice, whilst subtly convincing them to your way of thinking.

It really helps that she's always had at least one loyal soldier to carry out any actual violence she needs, as Mukuro having a huge thing about protecting her little sister when she couldn't as a child means she's already super easy for Junko to control. Which is her real power, she learns about people and influences them into negative actions instead of positive ones.

The thing is that all makes sense until she's hucking bombs around and acting CCCRAAZY all the time. At that point either she's got some kind of super powers or everyone else is really, really, really really dumb.

FPzero posted:

Bit of a slow episode but I was surprised that the Monaca arc was over that suddenly. It feels like they're spending a lot of time on this mid-show plot development. I hope they don't have to rush a conclusion in only 5 episodes...

Since Monaca's not the villain I think it's a safe bet to assume that they'll set up the villain and not actually resolve it.

Wyvernil posted:

I've been thinking that Nagito could be the mastermind, as well. If any of the DR2 kids were going to wake up from their comas, it would have to be the one with the insane deus-ex-machina levels of luck.

Not to say it couldn't happen for that reason but I could've sworn that Nagito was basically dead before DR2 even started due to brain cancer.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The SHSL Pikachu died because of this blunder. :argh:

I look forward to 16 more spinoff novel series for these characters.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 27, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Can it even end if there's still a fail condition that could be triggered?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
This is the stage in the game where everything flies off the rails so I can't speculate anymore because I have no idea what will happen but I hope chiaki gets out so she can reunite with less-crazy hinata. :ohdear:

Or that everyone dies to set the stage for DRv3. :unsmigghh:

Ignis posted:

Yup
e: linking because the video's hilariously wide

That is delightful.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 5, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Episode 12: Makoto goes back in time, gives Monaka a spanking before she kills Miaya, explains his reasoning for saving the Despair Kids to the FF and tells them to stop being dicks, punches the Mastermind in the face, and goes to see the cast on Jabberwock Island.

The air purification machine from Danganronpa 1 was in fact, a time machine. The air outside has been proven to be breathable and Monobear/Junko was just screwing with people. The reason she was ok with killing herself was because she had the ability to go back in time, and then win for real.

Sorry if the spoiler is too real. Source: I've played this game before.

Serious Frolicking posted:

gently caress that guy. they were having a meeting about whether or not to execute someone and yet he kept babbling nonsense even though he knew it pissed people off.

He's like Jigsaw in that he's the mastermind and dead all along. :woah:

lets hang out posted:

Juzo is a hero and he's going to save the day

I'm neutral on him but him trashing Hinata was pretty funny.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 7, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

Juzo being the attacker or at least killing Chisa would be a pretty good explanation for "You know what you did".

Has he acted rationally at all since then, though?

I thought he was angry at Sakakura for trying to make a break for it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I almost hope that side future ends with backsies because man, these people have been through enough. :smith:

It really is the end, I guess. :v:

COBRARocky posted:

Well, Im glad we got something other than "mind control anime" but yeesh, Higurashi flashbacks.

Im kinda glad Mukuro is dead now

On one hand I wasn't a fan that they changed Hinata's motivation to ~true love~ instead of being a deluded fanboy, but I like how they made Mukuro more like that.

I'm glad junko dies horribly.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 8, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Something like Yukizome strangling Chiaki in front of the rest of the class would be pretty DESPAIR inducing. It explains why Junko (or Mukuro?) got Mikan to seperate Chiaki from the rest, when she has no particular reason to think she'd be more resistant than anyone else. If she just thinks her talent is stupid, well, she's hardly the only one with a talent like that.

voltcatfish posted:

You guys reaaaaallly want Nanami to die, huh?

I want everyone to reunite in a happy ending. :buddy:

In all seriousness it's more tonally consistent for everything to be miserable but carrying on despite that, and she's the only person who hasn't been guaranteed to be safe.

I read somewhere she shows up in DRv3, though.

TheManSeries posted:

If that's the case then my bad, I'm not gonna throw shade when its undeserved.

Man, this episode is rough and I think it's going to keep getting rough.

At this point, I want to throw my cards at Yukizome being the mastermind, but this episode sets it up to be obvious and I'm still expecting a last minute reveal.

It'd explain the whole 'seeing herself die' thing. Like, 'this is the plan. DESPAIR.'

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 9, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
You know I still haven't seen why DR3 'had to be' an anime.

e: if anything it'd have benefited from being a game so that things could go into more detail. I bet the answer's something lame like "a game couldn't switch between perspectives". :effort:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 9, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think someone else probably posted it but starting to get behind the idea that the attackers commit suicide. They wake up, get brainwashed by a nearby monitor, monitor gives em a knife or something and they do their thing.

Ruruka is kind of a weakling so she had to uh, improvise and go full Nagito on herself.

It's the only thing I can think of that explains where the knife itself keeps coming from.

Well we know they can force people to commit suicide, at the very least so it does make sense.

Hagakure promised me a happy ending, and it better not be a really esoteric one! :argh:

orenronen posted:

You know, I've heard that a lot but can someone actually source that quote. I've read a whole lot of interviews and Kodaka's Famitsu column and I can't remember him ever saying anything like that, except that he didn't want to force trials or gameplay elements into the story so he thought it'd work better in a non-interactive format.

I guess the non linear back-and-forth storytelling between the two parts also wouldn't work very well in a game.

I've never seen it either, just taking it as second hand knowledge. I rarely read Famitsu. :shrug:

It was probably a telephone thing, where people get exaggerating what he said.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

GenericMartini posted:

perhaps Chisa is just the Mukuro of her story. Dies so the mastermind can further their plot and the mastermind is actually gonna be revealed next episode. Also revealing that Chisa was just the SHSL imposter or some poo poo.

You know, Chisa DOES look like junko to a certain degree.

Wyvernil posted:

It'd be an interesting twist if it turned out that Izuru was the one who saved Chiaki, and that he wasn't the pliant pawn of Junko we all thought he was.

DR2 shows that he put AIJunko into the new world program, so I feel like it's unlikely that he'd do anything like that.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 9, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It occurs to me that if Hagakure was wrong and the ending's bittersweet, he'd have a ~60% accuracy rate to his predictions.

He was right about him and Naegi's kid having the same mother in the DR1 bad ending, and he was right that nobody else would get murdered in the game after that.

IE, he had the (approximate) opposite of what he thought; He was right 2/3 of the time instead of 1/3. :v:

GenericMartini posted:

Frankly at this point it wouldn't surprise me if Junko was actually alive and that the original Junko's in DR1 was somehow someone entirely different.

The Junko in DR1 was the AI junko all along.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 9, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

the junkos were inside of us all along

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So this is probably something everyone else noticed the first time, but re-watching, Yukizome really doesn't treat the reserve course students that well, does she? She's 100% fine with just ditching them.

voltcatfish posted:

Poor, brainwashed Chisa.

I'm reasonably excited for the next episode.

e: wait despair is only 11 episodes with the 12th being a Q&A? First I've heard of this

So like, 'what was your inspiration for the show' and stuff? :confused:

ApplesandOranges posted:

Nidai and Gundam being separated from the group would have brought up an interesting idea of 'so how did they become Despair', but at this point it's probably just 'oh the rest of the gang came back and made them watch the video'.

More pressing is how Munakata let Junko run free for so long.

It's struck me as odd that the DR1 cast seems to be older than the DR2 one despite having been in a class the year after.

Or is the DR1 cast attending the school too currently? :confused:

CandyCrazy posted:

I think it's worth noting that despite sharing the same name, appearance, and talent, DR2 Chiaki and DR3 Chiaki are different characters. For example, DR3 Chiaki hasn't exhibited some of her DR2 counterpart's more prominent traits, such as serious drowsiness, pausing before she speaks, and a tendency to append lines like "I think" and "maybe" to her statements. As such, I'm not sure DR2 Chiaki's strength of will can be applied to her.

The implication is that DR2 Chiaki, being an AI, needed time to load, I think.

CandyCrazy posted:

I will say the biggest hole for me about "Chiaki is the/a mastermind" is that I can't think of what her motive would be beyond the generic "to cause despair", unlike, say, Chisa, who has a fairly obvious one (as Kirigiri noted, the game benefits Munakata the most, who Chisa has claimed loyalty for).

If Chiaki is behind it all it would be some serious JUNKO nonsense.

Yukizome on the other hand has means, motive and opportunity.

It would also explain the very start of the series, where Yukizome sees herself dying in the future. It would be out of character for the series to pull an all just a dream esque twist and how else would she know/be so blaise about dying?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 9, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

fractalairduct posted:

Considering the way they covered Twilight Syndrome, I've been wondering if they'll skim over Zero in a similar way. If they do it from Matsuda's perspective they could give a small amount of screentime to the development of the Neo World Program (which would also let us see the real Miaya).

There's no way with the remaining time that they'd be able to even cover it to that degree.

That's one of my problems with the show really, everything's flying at a pretty breakneck pace.

Baal posted:

Tbf if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot by trying to cover stuff they didn't actually need to cover and centralized Despair side more to Yukizome, the Future Foundation, and Class 77, they might not be in this situation, but hey. Also, if the Future Side wasn't about a bunch of assholes trying to murder each other outside of the game they're playing and spent more time focusing on who the potential mastermind could be, working together, and focusing on the fallout of DR2, but I'm just spitballing here.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed that Future could basically have an entirely new cast and it wouldn't have made that much difference other than Munakata/Sakakura having no reason to hate Naegi. But really as is, they both seem to hate him way more than makes any sense anyways.

Slokir posted:

That episode was actually quite legitimately disturbing. I wonder if Matsuda knows what she is doing with what I assume are his techniques.

Going off of the ending of DR0 he almost certainly does not know the full extent of her actions.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 10, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Future really suffered from not having Free Time Events, basically.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Kodaka (IIRC, might've been someone else) DID say that part of what he was looking forward to with a new setting is they could do stuff like time travel... :v:

I've noticed a few things that everyone else probably figured out awhile back, but haven't been able to figure out.

Like that gunship that was shooting at Hagakure. I didn't think much of it at first, but who does it belong to? The Remnants of Despair? The dialogue at the start indicated they were on a downward swing with most of their leadership being killed off, surrendered or comatose.

Also, what was the deal with the servers Sakakura found and seemed shocked by? Was that in the fake exit?

with how little monobear has been involved with future it doesn't seem terribly likely that junko, ai copies of junko, or would-be successors of junko have anything to do with it. i'd sooner believe in time travel out of nowhere theories than that junko would ever shut her yap.

Monobear says near the start that this will be our 'final battle' which implies some connection to Junko.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 10, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Did anyone ever establish (in a meta sense) why the blood was red in Future? Just to make it grittier?

I like how Sakakura's eyes are red in Future but blood... pink in Despair. :v:

voltcatfish posted:

They already have a permanent monokuma replacement, especially because he's still going to be in the new third game too.

I'm pretty sure voice acting has nothing to do with his absence.

Speaking of v3 do we know anything about it at all other than 'it's being made' yet? I'd gotten the impression it was in a new setting because the 'end of hope's peak', but I suppose that's not a given.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 10, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Quick check seems only the DR2 students are available, but all of them are.

Rith posted:

I also got Ibuki. I'm starting to wonder: is Ibuki particularly easy to get, or is she just particularly compatible with the type of person who's likely to be on this forum? (I'm also curious about whether the male characters are available, as everyone who's been mentioned so far is female. I thought being female might land me with a male character, but apparently not.)

I got Hinata. I demand a recount. :argh:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 11, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Voted Worst Mom posted:

If you guys think Chisa is the mastermind, isn't it easy enough for her to swap herself with someone else when everyone is moved to the underground facility and kill someone dressed as you a la Junko/Mukuro. So who's Chisa's twin sister?

Because killing herself makes a certain kind of warped sense.

The Divine Orator posted:

If you think about it the Future Foundation is kind of an ok choice among the 3, at least there's nobody insufferably gross like Hifumi/Teru.

Yamada was an ubergoon but was he really as bad as Teru? I don't recall him being that bad.

I'm interested in what that choice affects, though; Only the DR 2 class is available.

hinata: gives weird gifts, listens to your life story, answers your trivia questions

komaeda: talks about hope, how wonderful you are and how worthless he is.

not much of a choice there.

You know going back to Hinata for a second, it makes the whole of DR kinda tragic that he was dismissed out of not being talented, because he really was. He was intelligent, curious, empathetic and had good people skills. Yeah that might not get you down in the history books but it was basically the exact skill set that would've stopped Junko's plan from working.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I have faith in hagakure's prediction.

The confirmation of what Tengan said explains what he said after killing Sakakura, as well as mutilating Yukizome's corpse.

Yinlock posted:

i think it's more like "this show doesn't have nearly enough time for what it's trying to do"

:agreed:

It had a ridiculously breakneck pace at places, and then it lingered on some stuff for a long time (I mean Kirigiri dying was important but they still spent like a third of the episode sitting and thinking about it).

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 13, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The reveal about Yukizome and further doubts on Tengan's loyalties still leaves a big question mark on the theater scene towards the start.

mostly i think chiaki is alive because otherwise hinata is facing such a downer ending. it would kind of suck for the protagonist of dr1 to get a relatively happy ending while his dr2 counterpart gets punched in the dick repeatedly.

I mean as is it's kinda questionable how happy an ending Naegi's going to get. If you consider walking away from the final battle alive and remembering all your dead friends a happy ending, I guess there's that. On the other hand, it's not like that's all that much better than what Hinata might get, depending on his situation.. Things are looking pretty grim for both of them as is!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I hope Sakakura magically stayed alive and Kirigiri is still dead

That was an okay resolution to Munakata being mad about Despair though

Didn't Sakakura die pretty close to where Gekko-bot did? Sakakura commented on it a little bit before Munakata stabbed him.

a cartoon duck posted:

Chiaki is gonna be alive purely because there's nobody else left to do a shocking reveal of the thirteenth branch director with

It's old man withers.

LostRook posted:

At this point it pretty much has to be Chiaki as the mastermind with Ryota, Yukizome and Tengan as accomplices of varying degrees. To me at least, nothing else makes sense, both in terms of mystery and narrative.

However, I don't think Nanami was necessarily "despaired" in the same way as the rest of 77.

They're all trapped inside the new world program again, and the only way to get out is to die! :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 13, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is there a soundtrack for the anime anywhere? The music that played towards the end of the episode was really good.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, that was funny. I could normally understand a character trying to defend themselves in such a situation, but doing something that would unquestionably kill the gently caress out of Munakata seemed really out of character. Naegi seems like the kind of guy who would rather die than be forced to kill someone else he knows/cares about (I know it's a stretch to say Naegi cares about Munakata, but at the very least he has some connection with him).

It also struck me as kinda funny that Naegi quickly sat down when Mitarai and Aoi came into the room, like he was embarassed about being seen standing.

Allarion posted:

I thought it was just the videogame's sound track for the most part

I could've sworn there was a few songs that were original to it or used different mixes, but it's been awhile.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

lotus circle posted:

I'm not certain why everyone wants "Chiaki is the mastermind" so badly. There's not even any hint to her presence in Future Side. At least with Chisa, Mitarai and Tengen there are good reasons to suspect them, but where does Nanami come in from all this?

And really I think it'd be kind of hacky writing for one of the most sympathetic characters in DR2 to be revealed as an evil despair mastermind in DR3, regardless of the distinction between the real and the A.I. that barely exists. Hopefully the next Despair episode will finally stop yanking the loving chain on her fate, which is really the only thing left it has to explain with Chisa's brainwashing revealed.

Because at this point there's not really anyone left otherwise unless they pull a DR2 style twist.

Which I kinda hope they do because Kirigiri :smith:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm interested in Monokuma still appearing, considering that more or less settles it still taking place in the same setting as DR1/2. My original guess before DR3 came out was Hinata'd be the villain after finding out he was the real monsters at the end of DR2, but I'd doubt that now.

I'm sure that whoever ends up being my favorite character will die, as has happened in all three entries so far. :negative:

voltcatfish posted:

Oh god our protagonist really is a girl. I'm so happy. It's not even the girl they showed first, too.

It kinda shocked me that that's the case considering I figured AE had 2 female leads and I figured that'd be 'good enough'.

Cool.

voltcatfish posted:

Wow, just after that guy asked about any new news as well.

I have a name you know. :smith:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm not even disappointed that Chiaki was killed, since that was a given, or that it was so lovingly rendered as I am that the episode is basically a complete waste. Nothing else happens in it. I'm sure glad that they skipped over developing say, Souda, to have this episode, instead.

DR3's had some good moments but man, overall it's looking like it should get dumped in the trash with everything that isn't DR1 or 2.

The Bee posted:

Jesus. That just sounds downright unpleasant. At this point I have to wonder what the heck audience there is for that kind of stuff.

The kind that has a massive erection while watching it.

Ignis posted:

Well, he did doom Hope's Peak (and probably the world) by betraying Munakata just because he didn't want him to know he was gay for him. I'd say that's plenty gruesome!

Guess we know why Munakata stabbed him now.

well, it isn't like the gratuitous gore is a new addition. some of the executions were incredibly nasty. however, the difference is that even though those people were coerced, they were still murderers. people who did nothing wrong getting the same treatment makes for a big difference.

That is some serious moon logic.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 15, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Did anyone make a press F to pay respects joke or am I the first??

http://i.imgur.com/uL1r1To.png

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 15, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I found the last three or so episodes worse, to be honest.

At least stuff happened in them.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Axle_Stukov posted:

It's going to turn out to be a cameo from one of the KillerKiller characters. Unless Izuru's talent list include Necromancer too.

In a clever red herring, it won't be relevant at all.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I sort of wonder what the point of executing Chiaki in such an over the top way was, in a meta sense. Pretty much everyone with two brain cells to rub together could have guessed she'd die even if they didn't regard it as the most likely theory, but they went all out on making it gory. Was it just to be DESPAIR GOTCHA because a fan favorite died? Because that's literally exactly what they did in Danganronpa 2

Even if the ending turns out to be great, I'm really disappointed. I'd hoped Future would have had more to do with the outside world and what kind of shape it's in, and side despair to be more about the DR2 cast and how they slid into despair. Instead they just get ~CORRUPTED~ like a Warcraft plot that was rejected for being to hackneyed.

I liked the cast from both games, and it's sad that the series is ending on a wet fart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

I think they just really wanted to get a reaction out of the viewer

Most likely and I have to admit, they did get a strong reaction from me at the very least, but probably not the one they wanted.

• Locked thread