Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
For those of you who have been down this road, can you tell me what it feels like to be high on that stuff?

Am I missing out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Itchy and sometimes vomity.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
pretty sure it's one of the versions of hell if hell is a thing

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's good

E: Great, actually. Sometimes even amazing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Imagine having to snort or inject a very nice pizza into yourself.
It's exactly like that.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
one time my boyfriend gave me oxycontin and then i ate a bunch of chicken strips and vomited well thats my story thanks folks

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Illavick posted:

Itchy and sometimes vomity.

This, you feel GREAT though

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I know an EMT and he says it's hilarious when they give someone narcan because it sobers them up immediately (usually saving them from death, because someone called an ambulance) and they come out of the high super pissed off.

So good I guess if they'd rather do that and die than get saved by the man.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

For several hours you can live under the illusion you aren't a terrible un-lovavle monster masquerading as a human being, so pretty great.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Dave_Indeed posted:

I know an EMT and he says it's hilarious when they give someone narcan because it sobers them up immediately (usually saving them from death, because someone called an ambulance) and they come out of the high super pissed off.

well no poo poo it's an instant withdrawal injection, it's not nice to wake up in hell

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dave_Indeed posted:

Junkies hate getting narcan. I used to work at a place that was like an open air heroin market and if you really had the shits at one of the junkies you'd call the ambulance instead of the cops.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

it is a deep, long lasting euphoria that makes you realize everything is worthless in comparison to how good you feel thanks to these wondrous substances, and you would sacrifice friends, family and your physical and mental health to stay this way forever, OP

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

quote:

Narcan™ (naloxone) is an opiate antidote.
The phrase "opiate antidote" just sounds wrong. It's like reading about an "orgasm antidote"

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
It's really great until the first time you get truly sick. You'll find yourself doing some, uh, interesting things then.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

It's just about the best feeling there is.

But don't try it even once, because narcotic addiction is absolutely the worst thing that can happen to a person. It's all laughs at first, until you realize you're up to your neck in quicksand.

You'll long for the days when going to the bathroom was no big thing. You'll lose your morals and start doing things you'd normally never even consider. You'll sell things that have sentimental value, and steal from the people you love the most.

You'll lose count of how many friends who died from overdoses, from living the lifestyle that comes with it, or got locked up for long periods of time.

But if a life of slavery appeals to you, dive right in. When you're old you can reflect on where your choices led you and think about the life you could've had.

Run away as fast as you can.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Junkies hate getting narcan. I used to work at a place that was like an open air heroin market and if you really had the shits at one of the junkies you'd call the ambulance instead of the cops.

I'm actually obsessed with finding out more about narcan reactions right now.

It sounds like they just get battle rezzed with berserk already cast on them 100% of the time.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
My limited experience with pills is that they are basically incredible.

They will also ruin your life, but I'm confident that science will come up with a way for drugs to stop being addictive or whatever. Then we are going to pill ourselves into a fuckin' paradise boys.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySEHFK14phw

Holy poo poo, look at this dude come back to life as a blood crazed death machine and fight 9 people at once.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i have not ever done street opiates, but opioid recreation feels like... uh have yhou ever gotten a shot of pain medicine at a hospital? A dentist's office? It's a warm fuzzy happy feeling, and if you're not addicted taking a bunch has some weird side effects like crazy rear end splitting day-long migraine headaches and extreme dehydration, but you learn to compensate for it as addiction kicks in, your tolerance rises, what was an occasional treat is now your daily reality and you debate either taking maintenance doses to make it last, or getting really high and dealing with a week of feeling terrible.

Heroin is basically this cycle, but way more likely to kill you before you get a grip, although i hear lots of people die on the pills too idk what kind of nutty doses and drug mixing they're doing bc vicodin literally never could get me that dangerously high without risking acute liver failure.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Never done heroin technically but one time I smoked 40mg of oxycontin and that put me on my rear end it was pretty great. Too great even, knew a few people who turned into pill fiends and then moved to heroin. So it's cool and good every once in awhile if you get your hands on some pills but it's hella addictive so watch out.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

hemophilia posted:

i have not ever done street opiates, but opioid recreation feels like... uh have yhou ever gotten a shot of pain medicine at a hospital? A dentist's office? It's a warm fuzzy happy feeling, and if you're not addicted taking a bunch has some weird side effects like crazy rear end splitting day-long migraine headaches and extreme dehydration, but you learn to compensate for it as addiction kicks in, your tolerance rises, what was an occasional treat is now your daily reality and you debate either taking maintenance doses to make it last, or getting really high and dealing with a week of feeling terrible.

Heroin is basically this cycle, but way more likely to kill you before you get a grip, although i hear lots of people die on the pills too idk what kind of nutty doses and drug mixing they're doing bc vicodin literally never could get me that dangerously high without risking acute liver failure.

look at this loving square that's never heard of cold water extraction

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Opiates are awesome. Literally no drawbacks whatsoever.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
ever like a song so much you'd suck a dick to hear it?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

AugmentedVision posted:

look at this loving square that's never heard of cold water extraction

i've heard about it, i know how to do it, but i've never needed or wanted to do it lol.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
op it's like this

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If you're doing what amounts to like two hours of preparatory bathtub chemistry to safely get wrecked on your drug, maybe you need some heroin in your life or hey an addiction clinic or maybe you need to accept its time to stop.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
In my experience, it's pretty loving awesome for a while. That's kind of the problem.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Zorodius posted:

ever like a song so much you'd suck a dick to hear it?

I've never sucked dicks to hear a song.

Only for fun.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dave_Indeed posted:

I'm actually obsessed with finding out more about narcan reactions right now.

It sounds like they just get battle rezzed with berserk already cast on them 100% of the time.

I had a girlfriend when i was 19 whod recently got out of rehab and quit heroin. She had the same story of getting narcan and losing her poo poo in the ambulance. I think its a very common reaction.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
downers are awesome, have fun!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I used to do oxy all the time. Note that, if you're not biologically adapted to it, it WILL make you vomity and uncomfortable. If you're an addict by nature, though, you'll have a hell of a time! It's a really good feeling; it makes even the most rudimentary of activities enjoyable and pleasing. When I first started on Celexa, I had a day where all I did was stare at IRC and chat non-stop for the entire thing. It's like that. Don't try to do any fuckin' on opiates, though, because you won't cum. It sets your pleasure bar too high to jump over.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I never want to get into heroin but I do enjoy oxycodone and norco from time to time because I have chronic pain.

It's a nice, calm, good feeling.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Dave_Indeed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySEHFK14phw

Holy poo poo, look at this dude come back to life as a blood crazed death machine and fight 9 people at once.

"hey remember how you took a bunch of drugs to make you calm down, but you took too much and were dying? well, we're gonna give you something to stop that first drug, but then since you're freaking out so much we're gonna have to give you some more poo poo to calm down. ok? cool."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

King Possum III posted:

It's just about the best feeling there is.

But don't try it even once, because narcotic addiction is absolutely the worst thing that can happen to a person. It's all laughs at first, until you realize you're up to your neck in quicksand.

You'll long for the days when going to the bathroom was no big thing. You'll lose your morals and start doing things you'd normally never even consider. You'll sell things that have sentimental value, and steal from the people you love the most.

There's someone who knows what he's talking about right here. All those lines are 100% straight from my brain.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
I had a cerebral shunt "installed" in my brain due to hydrocephalus (it's a valve that pumps excess cerebral spinal fluid into your abdomen to keep your head from exploding) and after the surgery I was pretty much on opiates every day for a month or so. The pain wasn't actually that bad considering they bored a hole in my skull and rammed a metal spike down my abdomen to feed the tube. So I would say most of the opiate use was "recreational" even though I had the prescription legally.

It's a pretty sweet feeling, all warm and fuzzy and itchy (itchy doesn't sound good but it's actually the best). It does get old after a while and will stop your bowels up something fierce. I've never tangled with heroin and never will. My dad described it very seriously as "too good", and having messed around with pills before, I understood what he meant and steered clear.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i dunno. i think its probably bad

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
About 5 seconds after you mainline heroin it hits you right behind the heart and literally takes your breath away. There is no comparable feeling except possibly falling in love. No matter how lovely your life is it simply doesn't matter when you're high. You'll lie and you'll cheat and you'll steal and you'll never say that you do. Your entire life eventually turns into need. Every day. If you're lucky enough to get off it--and most aren't--you can look forward to regretting all the times you hosed people over or drove them away or disgusted them so often they finally gave up on you. And you'll still think about how nice it would be to take a shot, just one more shot, so you can feel good about yourself again. And it goes on for years. I still have dreams about that poo poo and I've been clean for 6 years. Well, off heroin for 6 years anyhow, I think I've kinda lost the right to call myself clean in any capacity. I would say don't ever try it. It seems like it can be controlled at first, and for awhile it can be, but heroin doesn't lend itself to well to that sort of thing. The first time you get honestly sick is something of a revelation. I wouldn't wish that poo poo on anyone.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Mild opioids are so good that they make me not hate my job

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
it's like the moment you're about to fall sleep that you can't remember in the morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
if u think herion is good just wait until u try weed

• Locked thread