Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
I have a Gravely walk-behind tractor for snow-blowing that never works right and requires constant tuning and maintenance day-to-day. It's got an 8 horse Kohler engine that never produces enough power and has transmission problems. The PTO won't stay engaged unless I use a bungie cord to hold it and it creeps even when out of gear in both ranges. I'm the only one who can get it to cold start and I have to mess with the idle-air mixture every time I run it.

I love it and it's my friend. It's dangerous, from the day's of yore, and terrifying in it's lack of operator safety. But I painted it yellow and green for some reason and it makes me happy. There's my excuse. It took a month of fiddling to get it running in it's current condition. I had to pull the carb something like 10 times until I realized that I was the idiot, found the mixture problem, and got the motherfucker to run.

I love her. This is the version where the governor works. It doesn't work great, but it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4s82S0zn00

If that's not green, I apologize (color-blind). I'm pretty confident that the yellow is yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread