Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Brought up in another thread that I have a sublime line on some outstanding hot sauce and Mexican spices, people seemed jealous, so I had an idea.

Lets start a food club, once every 3 months we get a new person to send a care package to of local goodies. Maybe you live near a place that makes amazing deli mustard, or jerky, or salt water taffy or roasted goat dongs. We should gift our local flavors in to one another's mouths in a way that would make Chesty Puller, Sgt York, Billy Mitchell and Popeye (sorry Navy, I can never remember any of your heroes except Maverick, Goose, Iceman and Kelsey Grammar)

So if you're interested, go ahead an PM me and we'll get a list going and start working on it.

As per rules

I think a good ground rule would be you have to be a GiP regular and you get a one month window to send off your care package. Past that, I don't think there's any reason to gently caress this up with anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im in, ill try to find a way to send Yuengling bc gently caress you PA you dont deserve good things

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Once I'm back from deployment in October I'm game

You got the Navy heroes 100% correct, also

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Go work with lines for a year or two and you'll be sporting some popeye forearms.

I'm not sure what would be north florida fare, but sure why the gently caress not. Maybe I'll just send some spices I got from my south efrican friend.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk this sounds rad and i completely want it to happen

here's a good site about local foods for states. it comes right up to CT so you know what to expect from mine.

Deep River Chips loving own, theres a rad orchard in town that makes fresh cider that is BANGING when heated up, and Pez is always loving cool. Also theres an insane amount of microbreweries here. So the CT package would own hard.

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/connecticut/iconic-foods-ct/

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
i'd be down to participate

are you seeing this as like a list of people we'd be sending poo poo to once the rotation comes to us?

i.e. if it's my turn, i'd send out a little care package to each of the participants in this thread

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
More like a round robin. Every 3 months you get a name and address, you send them stuff, someone else will get you, and you will send them stuff. That way it's not too much of an obligation while still being a neat thing to do for your fellow GiP enthusiasts

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
makes sense. count me in.

the delacacies of philadelphia await a lucky goon

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also if you're a gluten bitch then gently caress off with your weak rear end body

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
does whole bean coffee count

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

does whole bean coffee count

Yes. Coffee always counts

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I can send out kosher food. Who doesn't love Challah?

Holla for challah!

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
one of my S H I P M A T E S makes his own jerky, can see what i can do there

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

I can send out kosher food. Who doesn't love Challah?

Holla for challah!

Seconding that challah is some drat fine bread.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
There's nothing unique about this place. Everything is chains and imports from California. I think even most of the microbrews are actually Californian.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
1. Yes
2. MREs gets you permabanned

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
Did a search for what's made here in KY. TIL we make the nation's Hot Pockets, Pop Tarts and Mentos.

Also not food related we have the last US made disco ball manufacturer :coal:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

sky shark posted:

Did a search for what's made here in KY. TIL we make the nation's Hot Pockets, Pop Tarts and Mentos.

Also not food related we have the last US made disco ball manufacturer :coal:

You make bourbon. That's the one everyone loves

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
Well I was looking for things to send that wouldn't bankrupt me or get me in trouble with the atf but ya you are right about that

we also make derby pie

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So far it looks like we have

-N4Butts

- Mr. nice

- Shim

- Nwabudike Morgan

- manchego

-Me

as the hard yes

and

Sky Shark

Holly Bloops

Zeris

EBB

Godholio

as interested

So if everyone wants to go ahead and confirm yes or no status by the end of the month, we can aim for getting this going by mid-September

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 25, 2016

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm a no, just said that challah is drat fine.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm a no, just said that challah is drat fine.

Gotcha

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'd be down if there is a spot open.

Also does pot candy count as food? Asking for a friend of course.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
I'm good with it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im hot for this lets go

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Booblord Zagats posted:

So if everyone wants to go ahead and confirm yes or no status by the end of the month, we can aim for getting this going by mid-September

I'm gonna sit this out, I legitimately don't have anything here but chains and one taco stand.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk you may get a dinner guest in my box as well in the form of a glossy 8x10 photo of roscoe

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Ok, everyone thats in, email me

booblordsagat at gmail dot com

With addresses, and I'll start getting the list ready and I'll try and get everyone someone assigned by the end of the week

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sent

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Yes

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok I'm in. Are we sending in real names or usernames because last Christmas I had a helluva time explaining why I was sending a package to Booblord Zagats and not a human name.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ok I'm in. Are we sending in real names or usernames because last Christmas I had a helluva time explaining why I was sending a package to Booblord Zagats and not a human name.

"Hippy parents, right?"

Thats all I have ever had to say in that situation, but yeah, use whichever

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Sent.

I'm going to fill boxes with unhealthy poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Whoever gets me, I like coffee and hot sauce. Also chips.

And I've got a coffee bean grinder so whole bean stuff is suuuuper welcome.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'll send an email at some point.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

if its such an embarrassment you couldve sent it to b.l. zagats

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if its such an embarrassment you couldve sent it to b.l. zagats

Or, you double down on it. Send it with the name being a cartoon drawing of tits with five stars next to it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
we have fry sauce here which apparently people care about if anyone wants a premixed bottle of ketchup and mayo let me know and I wont actually act on it

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

we have fry sauce here which apparently people care about if anyone wants a premixed bottle of ketchup and mayo let me know and I wont actually act on it

Artisan thousand island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msGivPr2k98

• Locked thread