Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

galahan posted:

You anime only folks have no idea, I didn't like either character for quite awhile, but they slow burn into amazing, also body improvement does indeed get better, until slowly falling to the wayside. (sadly)

They pop up whenever they are truly needed, as all heroes do.

Also next week is make or break on the greatness test. If they can do it the justice it deserves, anime will loving kill fools dead. If not, it might just be drat good for the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I am so loving hyped for next week. Only 156 hours until the next episode.

I haven't read the beginning of Mob for ages so while I know everything that's going to happen next, the details have faded just enough that each new episode is basically new to me. Hopefully I can stop the bad habit of going back to the manga in the middle of watching the anime and seeing how they did things differently, at least until the show's finished.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

mfw thread talking about dumb bullshit when there's a new episode

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the whole sequence involving the body improvement club rolling up to and through black vinegar middle was just breathtaking

even the loving background music was sublime

the animation this episode had a lot of character, even something kind of stock like a machine gun punch felt just delightful

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The music reminds me of Muramasa the demon blade. Which is a sick rear end game, so I approve. They should make a Mob Psycho game.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Moltrey posted:

This show sucks, every episode just makes me want the next one.

Also I love how Teru's aura looks, goddamn

mfw the episode ended, and I had to wait another week.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

No lie, where OPM failed to inspire me to start seriously strength training a few months back, the Body Improvement Club succeeded.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I am so loving hyped for next week. Only 156 hours until the next episode.

I haven't read the beginning of Mob for ages so while I know everything that's going to happen next, the details have faded just enough that each new episode is basically new to me. Hopefully I can stop the bad habit of going back to the manga in the middle of watching the anime and seeing how they did things differently, at least until the show's finished.

same except i could not stop that bad habit, and i just reread a bunch of it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

No lie, where OPM failed to inspire me to start seriously strength training a few months back, the Body Improvement Club succeeded.

One's true agenda is to get watchers of anime and readers of manga to get fit.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

mabels big day posted:

same except i could not stop that bad habit, and i just reread a bunch of it.
i also re-read this arc and ooh boy,,,,

it's good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The body improvement club are not members of the person improvement club because they are all 101% good boys.

Thanks for existing, BIC.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am a girl ❤

I really like the Body Improvement club and Mob's brother being really nice and caring people. This episode really sold me on how rad the show is, so many great moments.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
there are many kind and gentle people in this world, and mob needs only meet them more than half way to truly connect with these friends

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

It bugged me that Teru's response was like the one thing not subtitled and while I can't read it super well, it seems pretty informal and positive? Like he's def agreeing to get lunch? I like that even though Teru's kind of a jerk, he's nice to his girlfriend and also signs his text with his name in stars

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Moltrey posted:

It bugged me that Teru's response was like the one thing not subtitled and while I can't read it super well, it seems pretty informal and positive? Like he's def agreeing to get lunch? I like that even though Teru's kind of a jerk, he's nice to his girlfriend and also signs his text with his name in stars

He's making a pun with his name. He's telling her to be a good girl and wait for him, and the word "wait" is written as "Matteru".

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Clarste posted:

He's making a pun with his name. He's telling her to be a good girl and wait for him, and the word "wait" is written as "Matteru".
God, thank you, I knew I recognized that kanji.

Mat⭐teru⭐ is a good goof, nice one Teru

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moltrey posted:

God, thank you, I knew I recognized that kanji.

Mat⭐teru⭐ is a good goof, nice one Teru

Of course he has good goofs. He's the protagonist, after all.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Fitting that the guy who thinks he is the protagonist of the world has the voice of almost every harem protagonist in recent animes.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Please tell me I'm not the only one playing Rock Paper Scissors whenever it comes up during the eyecatch.

Lost this week, but I think I'm at 2/2.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
i watched the latest episode with my normie non anime watching brother today and he laughed alot and really liked it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

christ theres no need to drag him down into the depths

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

christ theres no need to drag him down into the depths

Excuse me? Dragging normies down is important strength training.

You didn't seriously mean to skip arm day, did you?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Surprisingly Dope posted:

i watched the latest episode with my normie non anime watching brother today and he laughed alot and really liked it.

That's because it's good.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I don't know how there are so many good reviews. I couldn't even make it through the first episode. The blonde guy made me cringe almost constantly. Made Jar Jar Binks watchable. I had such high hopes for this since it's the same guy as OPM but it's just bad. The animation is even bad. Nothing like the awesomeness of OPM.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
this opinion is not mine

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

RottenK posted:

I don't know how there are so many good reviews. I couldn't even make it through the first episode. The blonde guy made me cringe almost constantly. Made Jar Jar Binks watchable. I had such high hopes for this since it's the same guy as OPM but it's just bad. The animation is even bad. Nothing like the awesomeness of OPM.

Source your quotes.

It's got a similiar joking 'overpoweredness' as OPM with the protags except similiarly they both have enough real life issues to deal with that it's interesting. Definitely seems like a coming of age story so far and I haven't even bothered marathoning through the source material yet.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
its a 1 star user review posted on crunchyroll

and yeah, i agree that character developement in MP100 is interesting and well made

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RottenK posted:

Cringe was a perfectly good word until the internet decided to ruin it. Also how can a dude hate Reigen, what the gently caress????

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I feel like the people calling the art or animation bad have to be trolling, as it's superior to OPM

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beekeeping and You posted:

I feel like the people calling the art or animation bad have to be trolling, as it's superior to OPM

They're comparing it to Murata/Anime.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Kild posted:

I know, I legitimately feel like the mob psycho anime is 100% more stylish and unique than murata's more polished but conventional style

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kild posted:

Which is dumb cause the quality of the animation is way superior to OPM.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Genocyber posted:

Which is dumb cause the quality of the animation is way superior to OPM.

Most people straight do not understand what animation actually is.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
a lot of people don't like unique styles or things that defy expectations in certain ways. modern anime is very clean and the vast majority looks almost exactly the same (the only difference being in the manga artist's style they try to emulate) so if that's what you want and like, shows like this one and ping pong would be easy to write off.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
this show has great animation cus they show little details like Ritsu's head turning from profile to 3/4 while Mob's talking to him, that can be hard to do so a lot of shows would just leave him in a loop of the profile animation

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Today is the day of days.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I loved OPM's anime overall, and Murata's art is amazing, but if Murata wasn't so drat good at drawing, I don't think the high fidelity effort art of it would be nearly so interesting. ONE's art is utterly part of its charm, it's why Mob Psycho's anime is so good and as soon as I saw Bones were keeping it, I knew this adaptation would be great because it shows that Bones "get" Mob Psycho 100.

And it's been proven true so far. Bones absolutely understand Mob Psycho and why it's so good and EVERYTHING is top class.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imo calling Murata just conventionally good is very unfair and inaccurate

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
murata owns ONE owns OPM owns MP100 owns

hell to dumbs who poo poo on any of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil